4.3 out of 5 stars1,512
Size: 32W x 30L|Colour: Blue (Hook 1307)|Change

on 4 April 2014
Great fit as always with 501's.I chose Marlon as I prefer the dark colour of the jean.
Straight leg and always a dependable good fit around the waist,sitting above the waist, not on it like some jeans.
on 27 October 2014
These are made in Turkey from the batch number , POOR QUALITY - ILL FITTING AND NOT VERY GOOD AT ALL !!! Although a few reviewers on here have stated '' jean's they have purchased are fake ?? '' They are how ever real Levi's being sold here ,(( just LOW COST , THIN DENIM MADE IN UNSKILLED SWEATSHOPS )) HENCE THE BAD BAD BUILD QUALITY OF THESE 501'S MIXED WITH POOR POOR DENIM .

How-ever Levi's CLOSED the last of it's AMERICAN factory's in 2003 , so the LEVI STRAUSS most people are comparing these to are (( REAL LEVI'S )) previously purchased . Unfortunately the last of the true high grade QUALITY jean's was lost after the 2006-2009 period ''AGAIN DUE TO MANUFACTURING COST'S . The last of the real USA build quality jean's '' WAS 504 OFFICE BOY /511 BLUE LOOM /S DIAMONDS . Due to production costs and the NOW common use of thin low grade denim mixed with poor build quality and shockingly bad designs makes for a disastrous future !! How ever the jean's being sold here are poor second quality that would never make store's ' hence the reviews here and the (( LOW PRICE )) !!
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2013
Actually quite satisfied with the jeans, however can totally understand why people think this product is fake. The quality of levis now is abysmal, you actually get a better finish with a £20 pair from Burton's.

However I have been looking in several levi shops, house of Fraser, debenhams and the quality of the jeans being sold there at full price is the same. I actually walked out of house of Fraser, intending to but a pair at full price but could not find a pair that didn't have stitching coming undone or sewing flaws.

So I am pleased to say amazon has provided a pair of levis £28 cheaper with no sewing flaws, albeit with the same usual poor quality you can now expect from levis.

Btw surprised at quality of tommy hillfiger jeans, they seem to be what levis used to be ... So that's what I am buying next time!
on 9 April 2014
I bought jeans as they were a good price and was happy with the fit but holes appeared around knees after a month which was strange as i don't kneel in them . Made me think i should have paid an extra £20 and bought from my local store which always last years. i will not buy again
on 9 June 2014
When I was younger and had the disposable cash I bought a pair of 501's. They were brilliant and lasted me for about ten years, eventually giving up the ghost some years back. I bought a new pair circa 12 months ago. When they arrived I thought they were a bit thin but as I hadn't had a pair on for ages I thought nothing of it. They have worn quickly and over the weekend split spectacularly along a seam which the old ones never looked likely to (and I've lost weight since getting them...). You get what you pay for I suppose but I'm pretty bloody cross.
33 comments|85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
These are not the quality I have been used to in my 501s. Thinner denim, smaller hems. I thought they were fake at first but it seems you can get genuine poor quality levis! Where are Amazon getting them from? Made in Bangla Desh on labels.
22 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2012
made in bangladesh, if this is the future for 501s then im buying no more ,a generation of jeans have been destroyed by this inferior product.
on 11 January 2016
Oh dear.

I am 53, and since i was 20 i've worn only jeans - of various colors, all of them Levi's 501. All of this time i've never had to try on a pair of 501s for fitting. All i needed do was to look at the old pair's label and buy another pair with the same details, which would then be **identical** and fit me exactly like the old ones did.

Because of this, i've occasionally bought them through mail catalogs and there has never been a single problem with them until today.

My previous pair of Levi's 501 was bought perhaps 6-7 years ago, the label says they were made in Pakistan, and they were the of the usual, excellent Levi's quality: a perfect pair of 501s. However, a few days ago i bought a theoretically identical pair of 501s from Amazon, which turned out to be very different from my old 501s (which i still have and i can use to compare them) and are, in my opinion, of *considerably* lower quality.

Just to make sure you understand, i repeat: *considerably* lower quality. To the point that, had i been in a shop where i could see and touch them, i would not have bought them.

First of all, i bought the usual color ("onewash"), but this particular "onewash" seems to have been tweaked: i don't remember my brand-new 501s ever looking like this; the color is unpleasant to my eyes, so, had i known, i would have probably picked a different blue; It's too similar to the "Grayish blue" i see some people use; however, since my old pair are well faded and cannot be compared to the new ones, i concede that my memory of the original color might be flawed. Might. The rest however is not.

1) These new 501s are made of obviously *thinner* cloth when brand-new than my 6-8 year old ones with the wear-and-tear associated with many repeated use/wash cycles.
2) Some of the stitching is two-toned: white and orange instead of the old orange (back pockets). It also looks different and unpleasant to my eyes, less "tight", with less care used in its application.
3) The cloth has an unpleasant feel to the touch, as if it was synthetic rather than cotton; "waxy" is what immediately comes to mind upon touching it. I hope that at least *this* particular problem will wear off with washing.

The 1st thought i had after realising all these differences was that they were fake Levi's, but after carefully checking, all the correct labels and branding are there, present and correct. so, either they are cheaply made fakes, with most of the investment going into the labelling (which makes no sense to me), or Levi's have simply fallen in quality. Also, although I doubt this makes any difference, these last ones are made in Bangladesh rather than Pakistan.

So, i am unhappy with the product, and this time it's not something that can be fixed by Amazon, so there's no point in swapping them for a different pair of 501s.

As a result, tomorrow, for the 1st time in 33 years, i will buy a pair of jeans which are not made by Levi's, AND will go to a shop to do so.

Great job Levi's, shame your marketing dept. doesn't read these comments.

Neil, London, UK
on 4 November 2013
As commented previously on the problems with jeans and Denim generally. The fabric and original robust structure seem to have become supplementary to the appearance and cost of manufacture. I wish I could still acquire the kind of overall, garments I grew up wearing. Sadly the items on offer seem to be pathetic victims of the 'fashion and designer label' mentality of 'modern' marketing. Most jeans, despite being originally a universal, reinforced overall, now seem to be produced for the child/teen/ female market rather than roughty, toughty gold miners of the San Francisco days and later years up to the 21st century.
The waist is too low and too tight (Hipster Jeans went out for me in 1968; they were horrible to wear) . A high (or even waist waist) is necessary for comfort. Denim should be a wool/cotton weft and warp. Thin, denim, printed cotton is no substitute for the real thing. They seem to be sized for countries where the local sizes are more slight.The buttons (even where fly front is available) are smaller and cheaper, and the item cost is substantially higher than it ever was in the earlier times. I assume this is because Levis and other jeans have now become 'Designer label' garments with the disproportionate increase in retail price. Clearly, as with this type of marketed garment, the manufacturing costs of contracting out manufacture, less and cheaper material, overpricing and pandering to 'fashion' has increased profit but ruined the range. These were the nearest I could find but not really the proper Levis, that I would buy if I had the choice.
on 22 August 2013
had lots of these in the past, and these simply don't fit anywhere near the same....they now just reside in my draw waiting to be let out