5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Viewing
Having watched the previous 3 seasons I couldnt wait to start watching season4.Oh my goodness one minute you are laughing the next you are shocked and speechless.I ended up watching 6 episodes in a row, I couldnt stop!!
Published 7 months ago by Jackiew

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous 3............
At the end of Season 3 i couldn't wait to watch Season 4 but i have got to say having watched Season 4 it felt some what of an anti-climax.

Seasons 1 to 3 have been incredible so i guess my expectations of Season 4 came fairly high. Unfortunately it wasn't until episode 8 that i felt things began to warm up and even then it wasn't the same nerve jangling, fast...
Published 17 months ago by Crowy

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as TV can get!, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched a lot of TV shows, some that at the time I said to myself 'TV can't get any better than this', The Sopranos being the first one that comes to mind. I won't dispute how fantastic a show it is, but for me, at the end of season 4 of Breaking Bad all I could do was marvel at this show, and at how wrong I had been on my earlier assumption. Never have I watched a TV series that has blown me away episode after episode like this show does.

The writing, acting, filming, and locations are perfect. Bryan Cranston is again exceptional when it comes to playing Walter White. Aaron Paul, however, particularly in season 4 is on power with him in portraying Jesse Pinkman. This season definitely showcases the full extent of Paul's talents as an actor, he is fantastic. As are all the supporting cast, but this comes as no surprise. The acting in this show has been of the highest level since season 1.

As for the story to this season, I won't spoil it by talking about it in detail, all I will say is Vince Gilligan and his team of writers are geniuses, and I have never enjoyed a season of television as much as I enjoyed season 4. Episode 11 'Crawl Space' is one of numerous highlights of this season. Cranston not receiving an Emmy for his performance in this episode was laughable, no pun intended.

If you haven't started watching this show, start. It's not too late, hell even if you are reading this in 2018 it's still not too late, this show deserves to be watched. In the UK where I live, Breaking Bad is not on TV so many people are unaware of this show's existence, which is a travesty. I came to this show only a few months ago mainly because I didn't know anything about it, but I have flown through it in no time.

Awesome television!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't discovered Breaking Bad try it - but start at the beginning, not here. You'll get to this in time., 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Before I discovered Breaking Bad I checked out the reviews on line. Never found a negative comment worth considering. It's an addictive show that is about addicts. I would recommend it to anyone.

The best "TV" I've seen in a while and the best drama I've enjoyed too. Start at the beginning and watch it right through. There are spoilers out there so avoid them. Almost every episode was high intensity.

I thought it was terrific. Female characters are not well developed but in truth neither are the male characters - it's the story and its dimensions that will get you, er, hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top 3 drama series, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Series 4 (DVD)
'Breaking Bad' is the only drama I'd put in the same class as two other classic series - 'The Sopranos' and 'I Claudius'. Where to begin? Beautifully-drawn characters, flawless acting, wonderful cinematography with the odd homage to some of the great directors. It's rich in humour and pathos; it raises questions of morality and motivations. A plot that's cliche-free, impossible to predict. Death of the American Dream. With chicken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Just brilliant! Totally believable characters and story line. Don't make any plans for a week and unplug the phone. You'll be hooked from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I love breaking bad and can't wait to finish series 3 and get on to this one. I missed the series on television but got hooked after it was recommended to me. Its brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars The tension builds nicely, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Our anti-heroes reach a new level of all time lows, whilst retaining their unique charm. What next you may ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Series 4, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
One of the best Series I have ever seen, ever. The acting by everyone is superb and the plot lines fantastic. I am missing it already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Drama, 4 May 2014
J. Hallam "jhallam" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Not the usual formula rubbish commonly output from USA.

This entire series of seasons of episodes has been professionally produced to a surprisingly high standard using convincing actors.

The content is spellbinding and unexpected, but may be a little too rough for some people (not suitable for children).

5.0 out of 5 stars only one more series to go, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
The depth and complexity of the main characters, particularly Walter is stunning. Not out of order to compare the series as a whole to Shakespeare, as the hero throughout makes decisions which seem justified at the time, but lead him to more and more amoral acts.
The end of this fourth series shows Walter to have truly sunken to the level of evil which was Gus. His end must I feel be coming in series 5, but I hope for redemption for jesse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch this show, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Having never found a home on British TV, Breaking Bad is now a cult must-watch show and for very good reason. Stay away from spoilers and prepare to be rewarded.

‹ Previous | 1 2 337 | Next ›

Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] by Bryan Cranston (DVD - 2012)
11.00