5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Viewing
Having watched the previous 3 seasons I couldnt wait to start watching season4.Oh my goodness one minute you are laughing the next you are shocked and speechless.I ended up watching 6 episodes in a row, I couldnt stop!!
Published 7 months ago by Jackiew

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous 3............
At the end of Season 3 i couldn't wait to watch Season 4 but i have got to say having watched Season 4 it felt some what of an anti-climax.

Seasons 1 to 3 have been incredible so i guess my expectations of Season 4 came fairly high. Unfortunately it wasn't until episode 8 that i felt things began to warm up and even then it wasn't the same nerve jangling, fast...
Published 18 months ago by Crowy

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Viewing, 8 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Season so far, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
BB just gets better and better. Walter the magnificent manipulator excels in this season and is getting badder than ever. Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the best productions I have ever seen - absolutely superb acting. Good quality DVD as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the greatest season of a great show, 28 Dec 2013
K. Gordon - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
What can be said about this spectacular saga that hasn't been said before? One of the very
few series that competes with the best films in history for achievement in cinematic storytelling.
Like a great novel slowly unfolding, it's funny, heartbreaking, incredibly tense, deeply disturbing,
full of brilliant plot twists, rich, compelling characters and a pitch-black sense of humor.

A nebbishy high-school science teacher finds he has lung cancer, so becomes a meth dealer to
make money for his family before his death. Often visually stunning, with a breathtaking
performance by Brian Cranston in the lead, and great work from all the supporting roles,
this portrait of a man's decent into hell couldn't be much better, and it just grows darker and
more disturbing each year.

In a way, thematically it recalls "The Godfather I and II" in how that epic charts Michael's journey
from innocence to darkness, along with the moral murkiness of the endless drive for money
and success - how we lose ourselves, so that succeeding and having ever more becomes an
end in itself for which we will pay any price, rather than a route to happiness, trapping us in a
game we can never win.

This fourth season take the form of an epic battle for control between Walter and his
nemisis Gus. Along the way Walter's morality crumbles even as he becomes ever more
brilliant at manipulating the people and situations around him. And just enough of his
remaining humanity pokes through to keep us caring in spite of ourselves.
This is powerful, important and utterly enthralling stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars **WARNING**, 14 Jan 2014
Easy G (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Just a word of warning. This whole series is seriously damaging to your health and will cause you to sit in front of your TV for hours on end forsaking anything else that is happening in your life. You have been warned..........

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the bomb, 7 April 2014
Mr. M. Ellis (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
More of the same way better than most of the rubbish on TV nowadays. I just want to know what is the replacement..I'm getting withdrawal symptoms...

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I say this honestly. There has never been a better TV show in production EVER! My whole family is hooked and I just have to own all the boxsets. Will be buying in blueray as soon as i get my bluray player.

5.0 out of 5 stars SON, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I BOUGHT THIS FOR MY SON ,HE LOVES THE SERIES,I,LIKED THE PEACE AND QUIET WE HAD WHILE HES WATCHING IT

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 4 breaking Bad, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Once hooked into Braking Bad, every season seems to surpass the one before; no exception here; can't beleive Walt will still be alive for seasons 5 & 6!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as TV can get!, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched a lot of TV shows, some that at the time I said to myself 'TV can't get any better than this', The Sopranos being the first one that comes to mind. I won't dispute how fantastic a show it is, but for me, at the end of season 4 of Breaking Bad all I could do was marvel at this show, and at how wrong I had been on my earlier assumption. Never have I watched a TV series that has blown me away episode after episode like this show does.

The writing, acting, filming, and locations are perfect. Bryan Cranston is again exceptional when it comes to playing Walter White. Aaron Paul, however, particularly in season 4 is on power with him in portraying Jesse Pinkman. This season definitely showcases the full extent of Paul's talents as an actor, he is fantastic. As are all the supporting cast, but this comes as no surprise. The acting in this show has been of the highest level since season 1.

As for the story to this season, I won't spoil it by talking about it in detail, all I will say is Vince Gilligan and his team of writers are geniuses, and I have never enjoyed a season of television as much as I enjoyed season 4. Episode 11 'Crawl Space' is one of numerous highlights of this season. Cranston not receiving an Emmy for his performance in this episode was laughable, no pun intended.

If you haven't started watching this show, start. It's not too late, hell even if you are reading this in 2018 it's still not too late, this show deserves to be watched. In the UK where I live, Breaking Bad is not on TV so many people are unaware of this show's existence, which is a travesty. I came to this show only a few months ago mainly because I didn't know anything about it, but I have flown through it in no time.

Awesome television!

Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 4 [DVD] by Bryan Cranston (DVD - 2012)
11.00