5.0 out of 5 stars BOOGIE WOOGIE PARTY IN PARIS NIGHTCLUB !
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by pete clack

2.0 out of 5 stars Just not enough real "boogie woogie" pour moi!
I'm not an expert on the genre, but I found this particular recording to contain what I would descibe as more 'blues biased' tracks, than 'raw' boogie woogie. I was not present in the little Paris club where it was recorded and perhaps if I had been, I'd have been a bit more impressed, as the artistes certainly have a strong music pedigree. I've got 'Boogie Woogie Kid' on...
Published 21 months ago by David Wright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BOOGIE WOOGIE PARTY IN PARIS NIGHTCLUB !, 28 Jun 2012
pete clack - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
I've seen Ben Waters many times, and in a recent article Jools Holland rated him the world's best living pianist of boogie woogie in the world. Ben is a stunning performer solo, with his own band or in this format.A is for Axel Zwingenberger, another master of the art of boogie piano playing, B is of course Ben Waters, C is no less than the great Charlie Watts (plays in some band called The Rolling Stones and has his own jazz big band), and the D is Dave Green, a superb bassman and with Charlie lie down a solid rhythm for Ben and Axel to weave their piano magic over. Recorded in a Paris nightclub in 2010 for our purchase we get 14 tracks of the best of boogie.Both Ben and Axel play a five tune set each before they join together and as they say really rock the joint. Music like this gains so much in a live setting.Music from Leroy Carr, Dr.John,Cousin Joe Pleasant and W C Handy are included as well as some original material, this makes a set of lasting enjoyment to any who get it.Over an hour of the best boogie you'll hear anywhere in the world today. This band are very special and it's great they have been recorded,because this is what great live and alive boogie is all about...unmissable magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ABC & D Of Boogie Woogie - Live In Paris, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
Just arrived following release on 25/6/12 - brilliant! Mixture of uptempo boogie woogie piano and slow blues tracks with some excellent bass solos. If you like jazz and Jerry Lee Lewis / Floyd Cramer type fast piano, you'll love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different, 23 Aug 2012
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
I ordered this CD at my elderly mother's request, she had seen it advertised recently. She loves Boogie Woogie, and loves this CD and the unique combination of artists!

5.0 out of 5 stars Live in Paris - Brillian, 3 Jan 2013
Susan Rushmer (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
Saw Ben Waters at a gig, and decided to buy the CD. We have followed Ben Waters for many years and knew it would be good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boogie woogie !, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
Nice music, I like it but sound quality could be better :). I guss how a LP record could be sound ?

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant hour of great music, 20 Jan 2013
S. Samuels (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
I heard a number from this on Radio 2 and immediately ordered the CD.
A really stirring CD thats gets one dancing all over the kitchen!
Lovely to have a live recording!
I have just sent this to my 13 year old granddaughter to let her
hear how popular music should sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Friends Having Fun with Boogie-Woogie, Jazz and Blues., 20 Jan 2013
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
I heard a snippet from this CD on the Paul Jones Show on Radio 2. Instantly hooked I waited with trepidation to hear the rest of the CD. I was not disappointed when it finally arrived.

Some numbers are better than others, the blend of the artists is variable at times, but the enthusiasm is unmistakeable, and the energy of a live performance adds that indefinable extra magic that makes it all so very worthwhile.

It is one of those CDs that every number has a lure to draw us all in, especially if we come to it in isolation, but when listening to the whole set can be a little wearing for those others around us less keen on the genre. Fortunately it is exactly the kind of music I enjoy.

The other earlier reviews persuaded me to buy it, thank you all.
:^)

5.0 out of 5 stars A real supergroup of musicians, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
Musicianship of the highest order.
They are having a great time to which transmits to us the listener.
Great addition to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny - I wish that I could have been there when it was recorded, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
There is nothing to dislike about this recording. I have always been a fan of Boogie Woogie - only wish i could play piano like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough stopping and restarting, and very short on choice language., 13 Nov 2014
This review is from: Live In Paris (Audio CD)
The woman that lives with us dogs here has a piano just like Axel, but when she plays it, it sounds a bit different from this CD. I have noticed that Axel and Ben seem to play their tunes all through from start to finish, whereas our woman plays a few notes, stops, says,"Oh, b!!!!!!!" and then starts again at the beginning. In my canine opinion this CD would be improved immensely with a bit more choice language and a bit less musical competence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Live In Paris
Live In Paris by B, C & D of Boogie Woogie The A (Audio CD - 2012)