5.0 out of 5 stars THE BLUESMAN AT THE VERY TOP OF HIS CRAFT
I'm ashamed to say that I went to see Walter Trout for the first time last year and he literally blew me away. I was exhausted but very elated when I left the Shepherds bush theatre as here I had witnessed truly one of the all time great blues guitarists who was not afraid to show his emmotions through his guitar playing. He plays very loud and fast blues but can also...
Published on 26 April 2012 by FastHand

2.0 out of 5 stars More of the same
I like Walter. I've seen him live a couple of times. Both times he was good value with an energetic and entertaining performance. I bought 'Blues for the Modern Daze' with a view of seeing him again in the coming year but the album was just a compilation of churning out the same old formulaic blues riffs. Sure he does it very well, he's a great guitarist and if you've...
Published on 8 Jun 2012 by Dark Lord

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rock/blues album of 2012, 1 Jan 2013
A. Sweeney "I don't care what you call me" (Brighton, East Sussex) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Known solely within circles of true blues aficionados, Walter Trout is one of the finest rock/blues guitarist and songwriter in the world today. Every album I have of his is a real treat, but he has really excelled himself with the massive Blues For The Modern Daze, which largely finds him writing and testifying for, us, the people, in these tough economic times. Simply put, Walter has produced a classic, an eighty minute monster of an album which barely fits onto a CD and yet never once gets dull nor repetitive. His guitar work is absolutely phenomenal, with the excellent mix of songs meaning his full range of talents are showcased beautifully. There is a wry humour evident here, especially on "Turn Off Your TV", a song that anyone who bemoans our over commercialised society will appreciate and it is clear that Walter doesn't suffer fools gladly, which is, literally, music to the ears of grumpy old men like me. There are so many great tracks on this album, it makes it difficult to choose favourites, but mine are the stunning opener, "Saw My Mama Crying", the heart-wrenching blues of "Lonely", the wah-wah soaked rock of "Money Rules The World" and the superb title track but, quite honestly, there isn't a bad track to be found here. This is my pick for blues/rock album of the year; even though it has been a very good year for the genre, there hasn't been a finer album than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid album by Walter, 9 July 2014
Good solid album by Walter. With Gary Moore gone, there aren't many decent 'bluesmen' left alive - I just hope Walter keeps churning out albums of this quality for the foreseeable future.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterclass in modern blues., 7 July 2014
A simply incredible album from Walter Trout. Incredible production quality and very track is a winner. 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars See what he did there?, 1 July 2014
Good, not great, but certainly good. To me it feels a little like a last hurrah, Walter is getting on a bit but there is no reason why he shouldn't go on forever. I've loved his style of blues but this album just seemed a little 'more of the same' to me. Some great tracks to be sure but nothing that really stands out for me. If you like WT, you'll like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Superb, 30 Jun 2014
What a great album. Great songs, brilliantly executed and recorded. My first WT album - will not be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from Trout, 20 Jun 2014
Walter Trout gets better and better. He doesn't receive the commercial acclaim of some guitarists, but the are very few that are fit to tie his shoes. He is undoubted one of the greatest guitarists in the world. To add to that he writes such excellent songs. Nobody does contemporary blues like Walter. The are so many stand out tracks on this 15 track album. The opener 'Saw My Mama Cryin', based on his own memories, is a real emotional affair. 'Lonely', 'Recovery' and the title track are all superb. The stand out track for me is 'Blue For My Baby', which is a slow classic blues. The band gel so well together, they could play all night feeding off each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues heaven, 13 April 2014
S. Heale "Stan" (London) - See all my reviews
Top notch modern blues by a true ledgend and a fantastic player
No home should be without a copy !

4.0 out of 5 stars vinyl re-issue, 8 April 2014
M. Jones (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
nice pressing.
not too compressed.
nice packaging.
it's the first album I'v bought by him and the album has grown on me. I wouldn't call it blues more rock but it's good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walter, my hero, 4 April 2014
Nigel J. Tucker (Bristol, South Glos United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blues For The Modern Daze (MP3 Download)
Walter plays the blues like nobody else. He just gets it, and gets it right every time. Love this cd, just buy it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues Man, 14 Feb 2014
E. Hayes "Liz Hayes" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Absolutely brilliant album from the master craftsman of rocking blues. Years of experience and a genuine love of his music shines through very clearly in this well constructed piece of art. Every track of the highest quality and there is only one other thing to say... buy this CD and hurry back Walter.. get well soon.

Blues For The Modern Daze