5.0 out of 5 stars THE BLUESMAN AT THE VERY TOP OF HIS CRAFT
I'm ashamed to say that I went to see Walter Trout for the first time last year and he literally blew me away. I was exhausted but very elated when I left the Shepherds bush theatre as here I had witnessed truly one of the all time great blues guitarists who was not afraid to show his emmotions through his guitar playing. He plays very loud and fast blues but can also...
Published on 26 April 2012 by FastHand

2.0 out of 5 stars More of the same
I like Walter. I've seen him live a couple of times. Both times he was good value with an energetic and entertaining performance. I bought 'Blues for the Modern Daze' with a view of seeing him again in the coming year but the album was just a compilation of churning out the same old formulaic blues riffs. Sure he does it very well, he's a great guitarist and if you've...
Published on 8 Jun. 2012 by Dark Lord

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 July 2013
I bought this as a present for my husband, who said it was an excellent choice and he would be more than happy to recommend it to any body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album by Mr Trout and the band, 18 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Blues For The Modern Daze (MP3 Download)
As usual I am not disappointed by Walters latest album. I purchased this on my phone last night, downloaded it and had to listen to the whole album while in bed.15 excellent tracks and as far as I am concerned not a bad one among them but then I am biased.Bit tired now but might just do the same tonight. Well worth the money as far as I am concerned.Keep them coming Walter.If anyone wants a taste of this man and his sound you won't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars At his best, 28 Mar. 2013
P. Malcolm - See all my reviews
A great album with sublime guitar. Can't fault Walter Trout for creating the kind of solos we all wish we could play.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite blues album in a long while, 19 Jun. 2012
Actually not much of a Trout fan this was something of an impulse buy. With repeated plays not quite everything stands up ( the short spoken word Puppet Master will get skipped on replay by everyone for a start)but the best bits are very good indeed. That aged voice, those pained lyrics about modern life, that intense guitar playing, just the basic energy.Very pleased with Walter.

4.0 out of 5 stars See what he did there?, 1 July 2014
Good, not great, but certainly good. To me it feels a little like a last hurrah, Walter is getting on a bit but there is no reason why he shouldn't go on forever. I've loved his style of blues but this album just seemed a little 'more of the same' to me. Some great tracks to be sure but nothing that really stands out for me. If you like WT, you'll like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blues Man, 14 Feb. 2014
E. Hayes "Liz Hayes" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Absolutely brilliant album from the master craftsman of rocking blues. Years of experience and a genuine love of his music shines through very clearly in this well constructed piece of art. Every track of the highest quality and there is only one other thing to say... buy this CD and hurry back Walter.. get well soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome discovery, 11 Jun. 2012
Mr. M. Reid (Peterborough England) - See all my reviews
just discovered Walter Trout's music hearing him on the radio and thought,"Wow who is that?".

He makes the guitar talk and can pen a good lyric too.

The CD now travels in the car with me.

If you like blues/Rock/Jazz you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Hard Edged Blues, 13 Aug. 2013
Walter Trout at his best. A good collection of Blues songs. Intelligent lyrics and with a satisfyingly variety of styles within the genre. I would recommend this to Blues fans who like a reasonably hard edge to it, especially fans of Gary Moore and Stevie-Ray Vaughan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Trout, 10 Mar. 2013
This guy continues to produce great guitar-based rock albums year after year but he continues to use the same formula and doesn't move on. He's actually one of my favourite guitarists but even I have to admit that he's becoming boring and predictable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walter at his best, 22 Mar. 2013
C. Bemrose "Chris b" (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Some superb tracks on here. Came in advance of Trout's tour in October 2012 so was able to preview many of the tracks before seeing this special blues guitarist live.
Great listening and well worth adding to any collection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›