1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Intro to Drupal but with some reservations, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Using Drupal (Kindle Edition)
I was very close to an absolute beginner when I started this book and found that it got me quickly using Drupal and finding my way around Drupal. In the early chapters, some of the simple explanations of how Drupal works were useful for a beginner, so I'm appreciative of it for that.

After some time though I found this quite boring - I agree with an earlier bad review that it spends a lot of time telling you what to click and what to enter in what box, without encouraging you to figure it out yourself, so you find yourself just typing without engaging your brain a lot of the time. This was particularly the case with the section on the CSS Injector module, which didn't work for me, and I couldn't be bothered trying to fix. The book doesn't explain how the CSS selectors are working - it simply says "Type this text in this box" which doesn't give you a good springboard to start using this module on your own projects.

On the Kindle edition, the Tables and diagrams do not look good. This is especially the case for tables of Permissions where there are some formatting issues which actually make it difficult to work out which permissions to allow.

Using Drupal