5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Tale
I'm not normally a reader of travel books and having seen the project planned, sponsored and made with a tv crew trips, I thoight this sort of story had been well told. But Graham's tale is much more than that. This is a funny, poignant, thought provoking and thougherly inspirational story of a genuine adventure in (what we believe is) a modern world.
If you are a...
Published on 29 Jun 2012 by Sprint 1050

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bad and indifferent.
I read this book while laid on a beach in the Dominican Republic, the sky was perfect blue, the sea crystal clear, the sand golden yellow. Why have I mentioned that? Well because I was in paradise but this book made me feel soooo negative. It starts off with him saying how he can't do with people who plan trips cos he prefers to just do the trip without planning. That's...
Published 18 months ago by Hilts

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars l was with you all the way, 31 July 2012
P. Markham (uk) - See all my reviews
As a motorcycle traveller l read many books.And there are some great books out there!Flids book(l feel l am his mate now)is one of the best if not the best!!l met him at the BMF and later at Ripley Travellers Meet where l brought the book.What a nice bloke doing his journey on a bike we all could afford.and doing it on the cheap.You actually go with him all the way,so l now have been to Sweden, Poland the Ukraine,phew onto Russia, Kazakstan,Mongolia, Siberia,and end up in S Korea(never saw that one comming)But you feel like your on the bike with him,l have never had that before!SO if you want a brill book that you just dont want to end Please Please get it you will not be disapointed,you can thank me later.l have nothing to do with Graham Field except l want him to do another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining travel guide, 1 July 2012
Found In Search Of Greener Grass a very entertaining and mostly light hearted look at the 'alternative traveller' guide to ex iron curtain states. The frustration of crooked custom officials to the joy of getting through and progressing valliantly onward !

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't mention Ewan and Charlie!!!, 2 May 2012
Ms. S. Bell "sabell35" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Search of Greener Grass (Kindle Edition)
I approached this book with some apprehension as I am not really 'Into bikes' and that I might not get it, but do like Travel Biographies. I soon realised that although the bike is an important part of the story (obviously!), there is alot more to it.

It was clear that this was not a last minute journey and I enjoyed the build up and planning that becomes 'The Trip' and I was surprised at how much planning it actually took, not to mention the sacrifices the author seemed to make.

It is obviously written by someone who is well travelled in 'The Real World' which made it easy reading for me, as I didnt feel I was reading about a privileged traveller who I couldnt relate to.

The descriptions of the Places visited/passed through are refreshingly honest - good and bad. As are the feelings of the author, who gives away an awful lot of himself, again good and bad, to the reader.

I felt that I got to know alot of the 'fellow bikers' that he came across again and again and I was pleased that at the end there was an update on who did what.

It is a funny book too, cynicism matched with amusing observations,there are several funny ongoing themes in the book and I especially liked what the author describes as a 'Pina Colada moment'.

Towards the end I found myself starting to be concerned for the bike, would it make it? What will become of it? And I had to remind myself that 'I am not really into bikes!!'

I would have really liked to have seen more pictures, however I do recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars AN INSPIRATIONAL BOOK !, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: In Search of Greener Grass (Kindle Edition)
Although well in my 60"S now I have had some adventures with my motorcycle but confined to the U.K. due to business commitments.However after reading Grahams book the inspiration to go further afield is there as soon as I retire.The book is an excellent read and conveys the ups and downs of riding your own adventure and the peoples he met along the way put in a diary format this is a great way of showing each and every day as it happens. Well Done.

5.0 out of 5 stars In search of Greener Grass, 30 Nov 2014
Amazon Customer (Residing in the Kingdom of Mercia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Search of Greener Grass (Kindle Edition)
I was a little apprehensive at first but really enjoyed this book and have already downloaded Grahams next travel adventure. A great writer, a little vague on details sometimes, but then if everything was put in the book it would make a very long book and maybe not as interesting.
If you enjoy travel adventure writing then you won't be disappointed.
Download and read it now....

4.0 out of 5 stars Grahams self-deprecating writing style is funny and enjoyable to read, 15 Sep 2014
This review is from: In Search of Greener Grass (Kindle Edition)
Grahams self-deprecating writing style is funny and enjoyable to read. I recognize some of his mistakes in my own travels and it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one. This, his first adventure in a book is not a how-to for anyone planning a trip but will give the reader an insight into what troubles could lay ahead and how a relaxed and pleasant attitude will get you through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Read, 13 July 2014
Good read - very interesting .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly captures the reality of overlanding, 16 Jun 2014
Kevin Turner (London) - See all my reviews
A terrific read; this book really captures the day-to-day reality of overlanding. Graham’s writing is at once humorous, informative and accessible. Inspiring, funny and highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 4 Jun 2014
Great book, couldn't put it down.
Tells it as it is rather than putting a glossy cover on things.
Excellent read

5.0 out of 5 stars It's all been said!, 4 Jun 2014
The other reviewers have summed this book up very well already so I'll just add my recommendation.
Buy it. Read it before you buy Grahams second book Ureka. Then you'll meet Monklet at the proper time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›