5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and very moving
Published on 6 July 2012 by ACB(swansea)

3.0 out of 5 stars friends forever
Published on 4 Mar. 2013 by Krissy

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and very moving, 6 July 2012
ACB(swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
Danielle Steel has written a fairly short novel concerning five children, Gabrielle (Gabby),Izzie,Billy,Andy and Sean. They obtain places at the high profile Atwood school in San Francisco. They start kindergarten on the same day and immediately find there is a chemistry between them that lasts throughout this school, high school and beyond. They call themselves the Big Five. All ambitious and bright. All with parenteral pressure and care. This is a story of a binding genuine friendship and relationship even when changes occur as they become older and diversify their interests. This is, however, also a story involving their parents and siblings as their circumstances affect the five friends. These throw up unexpected or inevitable developments. No spoilers other than to say it is an excellently written novel with sharply observant, witty dialogue, rapidly changing situations with a knock-on effect on the protagonists. These are profound. Real world situations compounded in a family and friendly scenario. Sometimes funny, many times sad. Beautifully constructed. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant, 25 July 2012
Gary Verrier (Canvey Island, Essex, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
After reading Happy Birthday & seeing a preview of Friends Forever at the end of the book I was intrigued, I was not disappointed, this is an excellent, emotional & heart stopping story about 5 friends who's lifes take dramatic & sometimes devastating twists & turns! - I would & will be highly recommending this book! Just sorry it had to end :( x (PS I'm not Gary - i'm his wife lol) xx

3.0 out of 5 stars friends forever, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Friends Forever (Hardcover)
Having read every book Danielle Steel has written I was, well, quite disturbed by this story! I typed book reviews into the search engine before writing this, and it turns out that I am not the only one to think this way. Although works of fiction, Danielle has maintained a sense of reality in her stories throughout. Without spoiling the whole story; I found that the things that happended to the 'friends' very unrealistic...almost akin to the final destination films!!! I could think of some lovely things that these characters could have encountered in adult life, such as marraige and having babies of their own, but their futures growing up are black and traggic, although they all have fantastic families in wealthy surroundings, they all coincidently have hugely tragic lives....maybe just one character dying could have been worked into the story!!? Definately not a cheery one from start to finish. The only thing to chuckle at is with the shere disbelief of it all towards the end of the book......

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing and Simplistic, 18 Aug. 2013
Jilly J (Warwickshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends Forever (Paperback)
SPOILERS!
I haven't read a Danielle Steel book for about 30 years and probably won't read another one! I had hoped for a warm, engaging story about lifelong friendships: instead I got a dull tale written in short simple sentences with some of the most unrealistic and unauthentic dialogue between children ever written. The story is paper thin and the characters very one dimensional.
The friends do stay friends for life but suffice it to say that those lives are not very long and peppered with awful things happening. I appreciate that tragedies do happen in life - and the dedication at the front of the book goes some way to explain the writer's preoccupation with the deaths of young people - but if you prefer satisfying reads with some real human emotion, then this is not the book for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Tragic & Too Many Novels...?, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Friends Forever (Paperback)
Have read a few DS novels over the years & thought that I knew the formula;- usually a tragedy or life changing event followed by the characters adapting to changed cirmcumstances & eventually, after many twists & turns ending up happy ever after.
Decided this was just whatI needed after the book I had just read (but that's a dfferent story- see previous reviews....).
Anyway ,what can I say about this book without giving too much away?
Not a lot, but don't expect just one tragedy.
I actually enjoyed this but thought that it was getting bit too OTT by the end.
I think maybe DS has lost the plot a little & might be trying to see how many books she can produce in a year!Quick check on Amazon confirms that this could be the case as her writing does appear to be getting ever more prolific.
However, it's a winning formula so why not?
I enjoyed it for what it was & while I don't read every book she publishes I will no doubt sit down & read another one by the end of the year.
Enough said.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best things come in small packages and this is one of them., 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Friends Forever (Hardcover)
I just finished reading this and have to say, yes it's shorter than most DS books but, I still found it very enjoyable. I loved the fact that she involved the siblings and parents of the 5 main characters, it gave the characters more depth and allowed you more insight into the 5 main characters lives. It also helped you understand why the 5 main characters did certain thing and why their lives took the path they did later on in their collective lives.

I couldn't help thinking of my own 5 bestfriends and how I only speak to 2 of them still to this day. Not because of falling out with them but, because I moved around a lot during my childhood and they kind of fell away and we lost touch. I did try getting back into contact again with the 3 I lost touch with but, we all found that we'd changed to much and never really clicked like we did as kids. It's sad and I still miss them but, sometime you just can't get that chemistry you once shared as kids back. The other 2 don't live near me or each other but, we still talk over the net together and by texts so it's nice knowing we're still there for each other.

I loved this book, so don't be put off by the length or by the other reviewers. Give it a try and you never know, it might prompt you to get in contact with old friends from your childhood. Happy reading.

(I'm happy to discuss this book with anyone, so feel free to leave a comment.)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
a good book i read it in a day on hols and i only read her books they are all fab im sure if you get it you will love it to. Enjoy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends Forever, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
Great story. Shed a few tears got so carried away with it. Danielle Steel is a great story teller... Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual stuff., 8 July 2013
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
You either like this author or hate her. I love her, her books are entertaining and there is usually some kind of lesson to be learned

5.0 out of 5 stars Friends Forever, 9 Jun. 2013
Lesley Waugh (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends Forever (Kindle Edition)
Love Danielle Steel books Brilliant read. Have ordered some more of this Authors books. Will recommend it to my friends. A very good read especially through winter months.

Friends Forever