5.0 out of 5 stars The new format works well
Leaving behind the format of the previous six series, "Coast" changes format slightly in the seventh series and introduces episodes based on a wide variety of themes, such as island life, maritime disasters and looks at beaches and tides. The new format works well and should give "Coast" a chance of an eighth series and more.
Published on 1 July 2012 by S. Carey

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality but not quantity
Having seen and immensely enjoyed every series of Coast, we eagerly awaited the Series 7 offering. The each of the new episodes was up to the usual excellent standard although as much as we like Nick Crane as a presenter, we prefer Neil Oliver as the main host. Not sure why he is taking a back seat in the most recent series.
Our only gripe with Series 7 (and the...
Published on 30 May 2012 by rodglen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The new format works well, 1 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on Series 8, 18 July 2012
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not a TV or film watcher and hate soaps but I love 'Coast' although I am not too keen on the 'Coast & Beyond' idea. Saying that I did find the Sweden episode in series 6 very good. I'm glad to see that Nick Crane has a more pivotal role and found the new format of series 7 very good. Generally Series 1 - 7 EXCELLENT! Can't wait till series 8 (hope there is one)

5.0 out of 5 stars Coast, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
This is every bit as excellent as the rest of the series. Fantastic ariel photography, breathtaking views and so informative too !

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality but not quantity, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Our only gripe with Series 7 (and the reason for the low rating) is that the number of episodes is half of that in earlier series. Hopefully it doesn't indicate a dearth of ideas, as some of the new excursions to coastlines on the other side of the channel have also been very interesting and entertaining.
There must still be areas of interest not yet visited, so come on producers - get cracking and give us another full-value series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 7 An Improvement, 7 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I found series 7 a step up from previous formats and I am pleased that Nick crane is now the main presenter, I prefer him to Neil Oliver. There are subtle changes throughout the series which I feel enhance this captivating topic.Of all the episodes I found the 'Peril from the Seas' episode to be be my favourite, although if anything I feel they over played the part about the birds and lighthouse.
When the came to a piece about the wreck of the Rohilla it seemed as though this was merely a filler, it was a topic that should have been given more air time. The tragedy is Whitby's greatest maritime disaster and one of the RNLI's worst services. I couldn't imagine being involved in such a traumatic event. This part featured Ian McMillan as the presenter which I found off putting as his radio style doesn't come across that well on T.V.
Overall I would say that series 7 is a well worth series and a must for the Coast fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Sept. 2013
Mr. S. H. Summers (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
As with all this series of DVDs the programmes are informative and ecellently produced. For Yorkshireman now living in Australia, they also provide me with nostalgia. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series!, 1 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
If you are new to the Coast series, I can highly recommend all 7 of them! They are well-researched, fascinating, surprising, and will make you fall in love with the British coasts again and again. Well worth the money! I can't say enough good about them, so I'll let them speak for themselves! Coast and Beyond brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for me, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this to complete the set - watch them on my lap top when I am travelling - gives me ideas of where to visit in the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Coast 6, 9 Dec. 2013
Mr. M. Jackson "Emjay" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
All I can say is that I love it. This is one series that has got me hooked. It's just fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every series is a masterpiece, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I can't say enough about these wonderful BBC series. As a teacher they give an amazing resource that can be shown to the children in 5 - 10 minute slots that cover geography, science, history, art, DT... I have found my Year 4 class really engage with these clips and whether it is showing how the Vikings worked with glass and made beautiful ornaments or seeing how copper was mined in Llandudno this really is a presentation that makes a huge difference to a classroom.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD]
Coast - BBC Series 7 [DVD] by Rowan Crawford (DVD - 2012)