5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the cover
This cover makes the kindle easier to work with , I now have no difficulty finding the on of switch, it makes it more substantial , and I loved the colour , good price, and the delivery of this was two days, thank you.
Published on 12 April 2013 by Henrietta Johnstone

1.0 out of 5 stars HEADPHONE SLOT BADLY POSITIONED
BADLY DESIGNED AROUND THE HEADPHONE POINT. IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HEADPHONE JACK COMPLETELY IN. NOT ENOUGH SPACE PROVIDED. ALSO TOO PRICEY
Published on 4 Feb. 2013 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the cover, 12 April 2013
Henrietta Johnstone (Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Accident Proof!! Read on..., 3 Sept. 2014
Mrs. Rosemary J. Payne "Busymum" (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I very rarely write reviews but this product saved both my Kindle and my daughter's from inevitable destruction. Both of our Kindles were absent-mindingly left on the roof of our car as we recently left Edinburgh airport and started driving home. They both fell off at speed onto the road, but survived virtually unscathed, to be returned to us by two different lorry drivers later in the week. (Thankfully neither of us are very security conscious and contact details were accessible on both Kindles!) I know these are now probably virtually obsolete as this model of the Kindle has been superseded by the latest one but if there are still people using this model and looking for a cover, this is AMAZING!!! It also functions really well on a daily basis as a free-standing base when sitting the Kindle on a table and the magnetic fastening with auto-switch off is a must. Bought on offer at around £25 but worth every penny!! You never need to remove the Kindle from its cover, just plug in the charger and operate buttons cleverly incorporated into the hard casing. Love it! (Purple and pink ones purchased)

1.0 out of 5 stars HEADPHONE SLOT BADLY POSITIONED, 4 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit and very sturdy, 27 Dec. 2012
Paul Tinsley "Tinz" (Guernsey, British Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Cover, Ink Blue (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation]) (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The fit around the Kindle Fire HD is spot on. All ports are easily accessible and the lid has a magnet that keeps the lid closed and automatically shuts off the Kindle's screen. When you open the lid again, the Kindle's screen automatically switches on, which is a nice touch.

The case is tough and the leather has a nice slightly poofy feel to it. The plastic frame around the edge is very thick, so you may be reassured that if you dropped your Kindle, the case isn't going to allow much past it, short of a hammer! The inside of the screen lid is slightly velvety, so this should help to protect the screen from any scratching.

It is indeed a very well constructed cover and should protect your precious Kindle Fire HD for many years ... it's a worthwhile insurance against those moments that inevitably happen ... how many times have you dropped a phone ... make sure you have one of these before you drop your Kindle!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Jan. 2013
Is it really leather.?....looks and feels more like plastic. Difficult to use in the standing position....slips flat very easily.....particularly on hard surfaces ....needs a brace of some kind. Not worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, feels light - covers most of my requirements, 17 Jan. 2013
B. Ritchie (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have two previous Kindle cases: the Marware Vibe, and the Marware Microshell
(I've reviewed the latter in comparison with the former previously).
Both are fine, but when I got the chance to try the Amazon cover as well, I
couldn't resist. And I'm glad I didn't, for I think it's the best cover of the
three. It looks pretty good (this one is ink blue, which makes a nice change
from all my black cases), it's slightly lighter than the others, and it
provides just enough access to all the sockets even when the cover is closed.
Rather than being accessed through holes, the power and volume buttons are
duplicated on the case edge, in simple way that looks like it shouldn't work,
but does.

It uses a magnetic clasp rather than an elastic band to keep the lid closed;
this does mean that there's nothing to hold the lid in place when it's folded
round, but (apart from the weight of the Fire itself) it's not uncomfortable to
hold in the hand. There's a rubber tab on the lid that provides good grip
when it's used as a stand, though I have had it "lose its footing" and slide
flat once or twice on smooth table-tops.

All in all, I think this case is very good. Now that I've used it a while, the
main thing I think I wish it could do would be to support the Fire as a stand
in portrait mode as well as landscape; but that's true of my previous cases
as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug as a bug, 29 Jun. 2013
It's brilliant.

I have owned many covers for many devices over the years. Most have been functional and some have frayed and fallen apart, but they are rarely anything other than perfunctory. However, this cover for the Kindle Fire is so good that I feel moved to review it six months after purchase.

It feels like a tough plastic shell, yet has a pleasing leathery texture on the outside and a felty-baize on the inner lid to keep the screen in top nick. The Kindle snaps in perfectly -- it doesn't have to be forcibly pushed in, and there is no unwanted space. The holes are perfectly placed for the headphones and power sockets, the volume and power buttons, which is something of a novelty after using looser leather covers on devices. There are also well-placed vents to ensure the speakers continue to get maximum volume. The Kindle awakens from sleep the moment you flip open the lid, and the case is very robust when you perch it as a stand. It feels solid, weighty and compact.

The only criticism I would have had about the case is the price, but I see Amazon has reduced it to a more reasonable price tag (nineteen quid) at the time of writing.

It's nice to come across an item that is perfectly designed for its purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD Cover, 18 Dec. 2012
This leather cover for my new Kindle Fire HD is just perfect, as it feels as if I'm closing my book as usual. The cover puts my Kindle to sleep and I don't have to worry about any unnecessary power loss before waking it up by opening it again. I have already recommended it to all my friends and relatives who have invested in a Kindle Fire HD. Can't fault it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware the sudden collapses!!, 26 April 2013
Sarah (Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had my Kindle since September and I love it - or rather I did... This Kindle case was good from the point of view that it automatically puts the Kindle to sleep when you close it and re-awakens it when it's opened.

There are a few problems though:

1. It looks quite cheap for the significant price (nearly £40 when I bought it)
2. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can't charge it and have it standing upright.
3. You can only use headphones with a straight jack - if it's one of the ones with a right angle on the end, it won't fit into the headphone socket with the case on the Kindle.
4. It does stand up - but don't expect it to stay that way... Last night, I stood mine on the bathroom window sill and it collapsed from its standing position. This caused the Kindle to plunge into my newly run bath - and now I have no Kindle. I am gutted. I am aware that this was partially my fault (probably not the best place to leave the Kindle) but the 'stand up' position on this is not stable on a smooth surface. You have been warned :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Standing leather cover, 26 Dec. 2012
Easy to fit, looks good and is sturdy enough to protect the kindle. Turns the devize on and off with the flip of a lid. Only slight snag is that when you are using the cover as a stand, you are unable to charge the kindle because of the position of the socket.