Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 20 July 2013
I have always been unsure about the purchase of a product like this, as I like the feel of the MacBook keys and was unsure whether a keyboard cover would ruin the feel of them for a more mushy feel. However, after an unfortunate accident which involved Vanilla Cola slipping under the keyboard into my laptop (Which it luckily survived without much problem), I decided that it would be a good investment for the protection of my laptop.

It is thin, and covers all of the keys on the keyboard perfectly and all the buttons match to what the normal keys should be, apart from the top right button which on the original keyboard shows an eject sign however on the keyboard cover shows a power button, however I don not mind this at all and it may be correct on other MacBook models. Due to it being thin, it means that the nice feel of the keys does not get replaced by a horrible mushy feeling when you press keys and feels nice when typing. Not as nice as without the cover, but it is almost the same.
A quick test under the tap showed that although thin, this cover is brilliantly waterproof and the side that did not receive water directly was perfectly dry, I wish I had one of these earlier to protect my laptop from the cola. Dust and crumbs and other small items will also not get under the keys anymore with this cover as it covers the keys entirely and lies close enough to the MacBook's body that nothing will slip under the silicone skin. The price is also very appealing as it could potentially save the life of your laptop. Luckily mine survived it's encounter with my drink, but I was lucky. This £5 cover could save you a couple hundred pounds in repairs.

Now, the main disadvantage (and the only disadvantage I could find). If you are a user of the keyboard backlighting, you may be disappointed that the lighting will not shine through the numbers and letters on the silicone like it does the normal keyboard, and the green light which indicates whether caps lock is on is a little harder to see. This, however, does not affect me as I rarely use the backlighting as my room is rather well lit most times and when dark the keyboard is often lit enough by the screen to be readable and I am able to locate keys without looking due to my years of typing on keyboards so I do not often have to look anyway.

Overall, I would highly recommend this keyboard cover. Especially, if like me, you are a little clumsy and like to eat or drink near your computer as it will stop crumbs and spillages damaging the laptop thought the keys and the cover can easily be removed and washed under a sink if it gets dirty.
on 8 November 2013
The cover fits around each key pretty well, but it is raised too high and the material is too thick to be depressed. This makes typing almost impossible unless you hit each key in the centre with the very tip of your finger, which I guarantee people who type with any speed don't do. Very disappointed.
on 30 October 2013
the colour will fade away,and the colour cannot be washed away from my hands !! i even cannot close the laptop, it doesnt fit the keyboard well,very disappointed !这键盘膜竟然会掉色!!!不适合在AIR上用,没法盖上屏幕,PRO可以
on 30 September 2014
I managed to damage my keyboard whilst trying to clean it and Apple charged me a fortune to repair it, so I thought it was time I invested in one of these. It fits the keyboard very well (the reviewers who have commented that it doesn't fit their keyboard must have bought the wrong version for their laptop - always double check which model you have!) and it grips the keys so that your keyboard is well protected. It's so much more easier simply being able to simply wash the cover rather than cleaning the keyboard itself.

There are a few very minor issues that people should be aware of. 1) Having the cover on means your keyboard backlight isn't as effective. 2) There are a few minor mistakes i.e. a hashtag where the pound sign should be, but this shouldn't be a problem for anyone who knows a Mac keyboard well. It takes time getting used to the rubber feel when typing, but I've become so accustomed to it now that it feels weird typing when I take the cover off!
on 29 January 2014
After spilling a glass of water onto my brand new mac I spent a lot of money saving it. I decided to buy this to protect the keys and the inside from anything else getting in there(it is obviously not going to stop a whole glass of water getting in there but will buy you more time to get the liquid off before any more damage is done). It doesn't it as well as I had imagined but it may just need to settle onto the keys a little more, it also takes some to adjust to typing on it. It matches the product description perfectly and would definitely recommend!!
on 1 January 2014
Doesn't fit properly and refrains the laptops screen from closing, when it eventually does so leaves marks on your casing and screen, wouldn't recommend.
on 16 September 2013
The keyboard cover works well, do not be put off when you first put it on as over time (a couple of days) it fits better and you won't notice it when you type. A couple of negatives are that you can't see the cap locks light and although this is made for english keyboards it says hashtag above the three instead of £. All in all a good product, especially for the price.
on 16 January 2014
I bought the American layout cover (as i didn't realise there was a difference) and contacted them as per the sticker that was on front to tell them so. They were very helpful and asked me to return and reorder as they do do an English layout, which i did, the best thing was the return was free. Im happy i did business with them. Thank you again.
on 3 October 2014
after reading the reviews i decided to go with this one to match an orange case i purchased for my new macbook pro 15" retina. unfortunately the product isn't right, it doesn't fit nicely over the keys and lifts up when i type, basically doesn't fit the keyboard as the keys are slightly off.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2014
No matter what keyboard protector you buy it is going to feel a bit odd in comparison with using the original keys. After using it and it settles into the rebate I think I will get used to it. I can put up with it if its going to avoid getting any tea and ginger biscuit crumbs that may get spilled under the keys when frantically typing my dissertation!!!

I did need to make some alterations along the top of the function keys where it hang over the top and didn't fit into the rebate too well. With a slight alteration with a Stanley blade and a cutting board we were ready to go.

It would be easy to be negative about this product with regards to how weird it feel when typing but I will get used to it if its going to protect my macbook.