on 16 January 2013
Really enjoyed these books. Light hearted read. These books are both fun and exciting. I read vol 1 and then vol 2 and would recommend them.
on 26 December 2012
I have now read both boxed sets and really enjoyed them all. The wedding preparations are particularly funny. These books are not great literature but anything that makes me laugh out loud is a good read in my opinion. if you have some me time coming thee books would be a great way to spend it. What I particularly like is the fact that the minor characters are, in many respects, the most appealing part of the books.
on 10 December 2012
Excellent series of books filled with humour and cringeworthy situations, where you know what is going to happen. How one person can get into so many scrapes, unlucky isn't the word!. Love the characters of the mum and her best friend always poking there noses in but meaning well. Will be intrigued how mother hood changes the main character. Should consider making a tv series.
on 26 December 2012
Bought this because I had the first box set (on kindle). Continued in the same style as the first set. Entertaining, but a little predicatable. A good cast of characters, but they do need to develop if this series is to continue. These are cozy mystery reads, which are good fun and cannot be taken seriously. Who would be still solving a crime on the eve of their wedding?
on 8 January 2013
Having brought the first set I immediately brought the second set. This is a great read. I love Maddie the main character, the way it is written is very funny but it has a great storyline and it is a real whodunnit which keeps you guessing till the end. I also like the fact that Maddie's story progresses through the books. Can't wait for the next one.
on 7 July 2013
I like the way these stories have serious murder plot lines yet the main character is a bit dizzy and blonde and somehow ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time (like being held at gun point on numerous occasions). The humour keeps it all light hearted and fun and there are loads of entertaining characters.
on 10 February 2013
I really love these books they make me laugh, and makes me cry sometimes. Never know whats going to happen next and i cann't put them down. So easy to read and the suspense is go good the result just takes you by suprise. One of the best authors i have ready and cann't wait for her next book.
on 8 December 2012
I chose the first set of these books because they looked fun and were cheap but I have really enjoyed them all.
They are extremely easy reading great stress relief.and if you are a women who enjoys shoes, eating bad food and men with a hint of murder you will enjoy these books.
on 10 December 2012
Perfect holiday or bedtime reading - they don't require too much concentration! I have read the first and second box sets back to back and have probably reached my limit on these - Maddie's habit of stumbling into murder scenes becomes a bit much after a while! Good fun though!
on 9 January 2013
These being the sequel volume 2 are just what the doctor ordered with helping the patient to get some rest as once you start reading these novels about Maddie and her experience at crime fighting are such a good read you can't possibly put them down.................