5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Structure, No Wasted Motion-a Horror Must Read
Review of Dark Curtains by Evans Light
5 stars

Published on 10 Jan. 2013 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars worth a read
Well written, relatively simple story, well drawn characters, and yes I would look for something else by this author. No real surprises but I didn't skip any pages or get bored at all, enjoyable.
Published 17 months ago by Hal Rollason

3.0 out of 5 stars worth a read, 9 Dec. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Dark Curtains (Kindle Edition)
I have had 'Dark Curtains' stored on my kindle for a few weeks now, and tonight I finally got around to reading it. I am glad that I did so!

The story itself is well written, and with a narrative that carries the plot along at a decent pace. This, in turn, allows the tension to build nicely as the reader ponders whether the houses new occupants will make it through to see a happy ending.

Dark Curtains is an imaginative haunted house story, with a difference. I would recommend it for anyone who likes tales about 'creepy old houses', and perhaps the strongest compliment I can pay to Evans Light, is to say that I cared about his main characters.

Incidentally, the book includes an alternative ending, but I much prefer the current finish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Dark Curtains (Kindle Edition)
Another very good short story. This one creeped me out a bit and had me shouting "nooooooooo" a few times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Curtains, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Dark Curtains (Kindle Edition)
This was a nice short story. Very subtle with a suprising ending. I liked the concept behind the story (don't want to spoil it here) and thought that it was well-written and inventive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Structure, No Wasted Motion-a Horror Must Read, 10 Jan. 2013
Review of Dark Curtains by Evans Light
5 stars

If you didn't already realize Evans Light is an excellent writer, you know now. "Dark Curtains" (and I am including BOTH endings) is perfectly done, as far as I am concerned. No wasted motions, no dropped stitches. From beginning to end (ends), Mr. Light has this story well in hand. He knows his characters, his plot, his apparitions, he knows what they want and whether or not their goals will result in success.

Sometimes a house is just a house, and sometimes a house is much, much more. Sometimes it's a cauldron for unrealized hopes and dreams, for unrequited loves, for desires and plans truncated much too early. Then, sometimes, second chances occur. Read this strongly-structured novella and find out.

I reviewed an e-book copy provided by this author in return for my fair and impartial review.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Dark Curtains (Kindle Edition)
this was not what i expected it was an ok read i wasnt overly impressed however i downloaded for free. I liked the story but parts of it where a bit odd

Dark Curtains