5.0 out of 5 stars 5Ghz Band used for Virgin Superhub 2 (Nov 2013)
Before this router, i used to use D-Link Home plugs to give me a wired ethernet connection between my gaming pc and my router. This gave circa 75% speeds of a wired connection and was better than standard Wifi.

When i switched to Virgin Fibre optic 60mbps this month, i found that the new Superhub that they supply can transmit wifi in 2.4ghz AND 5ghz bands (you...
Published 10 months ago by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars First One Melted
My first n600 melted. The replacement died after 6 months. Do yourself a favour and buy something like an Edimax. Much higher quality.
Published 9 months ago by Jon B

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 16 Jun 2014
Signal quite poor, tested it in comparison to my other wireless adapter, this one is worse but costs more. Just get a Belkin

2.0 out of 5 stars TP-Link USB Adaptor, 10 Jan 2014
Mr. R. Asher - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WDN3200 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (Accessory)
This adapter is very disappointing. It is supposedly 300Mb so I presumed it would be better than the Belkin 150Mb I was already using. However it was slower, I would definitely not recommend it as a good adapter. In fact it was not really fit for purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 2 weeks, 7 Jan 2014
I bought this as my old Virgin branded Netgear adapter was looking a bit tatty as it was nearly 3 years old. As a few others have mentioned on here this year alone (and considering it's only 7th January, there might be more) the device was working fine until earlier today, now it refuses to connect to any Wi-Fi (well the entire computer if I'm honest) - Sadly I didn't buy online so now I'm hoping I didn't chuck the receipt! I highly recommend you buy something else, at least for the time being as it looks like a manufactures defect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for a few weeks, 18 Dec 2013
First of all - the software installation was not easy. I have Windows8 ( with command shell running ) - and the plug and play feature did not work. So using my inbuilt network adapter I had to download the driver and utility software. First go at that installation failed as I had "accidentally" left AVG running. Very odd that you need to disable it to install TP-LINK software.

All was well for a few weeks. 5GHZ speed was satisfactory. This evening my www access just stopped. I noticed that the adapter light was off. No 5GHz signal any more. Utility software had been wiped !! I reinstalled it and it said the adapter was not connected. Tried the obvious unplug, reinstall etc. Seems very hot to touch.

Whole experience put me off this for life. Will look to buy an alternative. Avoid this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good on XP (fine on Win7), 29 Oct 2013
Clere IT (Highclere, Woolton Hil) - See all my reviews
I had a customer purchase one of these adapters for their ageing Win XP (AMD chip) system so they could move their router from an upstairs room and plug it directly into their BT master socket in the hall (they were only getting 300kbps download on their ADSL through the phone extension wiring in the house. After the move it went up to 1.8Mbps!). However, the WDN3200 was extremely flaky at connecting to the brand new router through XP on their desktop. Other laptops (using their built in WiFi) running XP and Win 7 were connecting fine but the WDN3200 kept dropping the connection and sometimes wasn't seen on the desktops USB port at all. The WDN3200 software seemed a bit of an over-kill too and would run when it wanted to.

I subsequently tried the WDN3200 on my Win7 desktop back home and managed to connect without any problems to my router in the hall way, even from my office in the loft conversion.

My advice: be wary if using on XP (customer eventually moved to a Netgear WiFi dongle)

4.0 out of 5 stars TP-LINK model TL-WDN3200 with Linux, 21 Oct 2013
TP Link TL-WDN3200 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB AdapterI bought one of these from Amazon to replace an earlier TP-WN821N which I damaged. It was needed because my desktop PC can no longer be connected via my telephone extension (my new BT fibre optic connection doesn't do this and my old router is replaced by a distant BT Homehub 4).

It didn't work and no ready light showed (as it had done with the 821N).

I returned for replacement as "dead on arrival" and Amazon replaced it very promptly indeed. Same again. Bear in mind that the 821N had worked with ease with my earlier TP-LINK router on this Linux (Mint 15) machine and the 3200 is advertised solely for Windows

The 3200 now works fine due to the hard work of many skilled people in the linux community. This is the site I found and it just needs a few minutes on the terminal:

[...]

BTW, the 3200 shows no sign of a ready light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Linux support, 26 Sep 2013
Just a heads up that I found the Linux driver support lacking, despite another reviewer saying it worked in Kubuntu.

I tried getting this to work with Linux Mint 14, 15, Debian Wheezy and Jessie but to no avail. I also tried using network-manager and manually configuring the network using /etc/network/interfaces.

The above website had what appeared to be a helpful guide. Installing the patched driver allowed the wifi to connect, but led to a kernel panic when visiting https websites. Installing the driver fresh from the website allowed me to bring the device up but it would never be able to successfully gain a dhcp address.

If you're going to press ahead and try and get it working you either need a recent (i.e. 3.9) kernel which supposedly has the relevant module loaded automatically or you'll need to try and build it yourself, as above. For Debian, you will probably need to install the firmware-ralink package which can be found in non-free.

Personally I gave up and, as I didn't need 5GHz support, purchased this which works out of the box and gives an excellent signal...but it's not as portable. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041L3FI8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Jun 2013
Works extremly well. The wireless connection to my pc is excellent with no loss of performance in comparison to using an ethernet cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 9 May 2013
it really good it work what it say I recommending to others also it nice and good services I got

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 and 8 Software from TP-Link Site, 2 Oct 2013
I have a Windows 7 Samsung Netbook (bought from Amazon). The software on the small CD which comes with the TP-Link TL-WDN3200 would not install on my Windows 7 machine.

However, what I discovered was a completely separate Windows 7 installer at:

[...]

I downloaded this, ran the software and it installed with no problem whatsoever.

Cheered by this I decided to see whether I could install the TP-Link TL-WDN3200 on my Windows 8 desktop.

Once again the software on the small CD would not install but, at the same website quoted above, is a Windows 8 installer. This too worked first time!

I have glossed over very quickly the total amount of frustration, attempts to install, uninstalling things which didn't work, etc. but I did have several hours worth of it before using the website shown above.

My advice ...

Do NOT try to use the small CD if you have Windows 7 or 8. Use the download from TP-Link instead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›