5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch
Published on 24 Sept. 2012 by Klingsor

3.0 out of 5 stars two sweet
If there's ever a crowded market place it sure is for headphones. Go back 10 years it would have been home audiophiles limited; now there's every known commuter finding every known manufacturer jumping everyone's train.

These Skullcandy's are cheap and decent enough. At least a huge step up for the music lovers over those that still cling to the boxed Apple...
Published on 17 Dec. 2012 by mfl

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 24 Sept. 2012
Klingsor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Most of the music on my iPad is classical and I've always been struggling with low levels coming out of supplied apple headphones. The sound is clear and detailed enough, but I just needed more of it. And I got much more of the excellent sound from those headphones. Even with the material that is just 128 kbps AAC they produce well rounded and natural sound that is full of detail and not overtly gloomy with just the right amount of bass. With such a transparent sound, even after an hour of listening to some rather demanding Wagner on the train, I wasn't suffering from the listening fatigue and since they exert rather minimal pressure on my ear lobes, there was no pain that is usually associated with prolonged listening. Even during the long very loud orchestral and choral passages, the sound was expansive and voluminous, not just loud. And I didn't get to hear much external noise either, a big plus in my book.

With such a good sound and neat fit, I'm not too much fussed about the rest of the features, but I should add that those headphones are collapsible for easy storage and the ear pieces rotate, so when you have them resting around your neck, they don't stick out. They come with a built in microphone and the button by the right ear that can pause your music and it work on the iPad. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attack of the Bass!, 14 Aug. 2012
The video here is correct, the bass is very clean and punchy. I was impressed considering the size of these headphones. The mid and treble were not forgotten and lost as they are very balanced ion sound across all the music I listen too.

The swivel / compact design is very tidy. While they are not the largest headphones out there it's nice to be able to stash them safely which these accomplish very well.

Skullcandy have included a inline Mic and music controls which controls the play/pause of the music as well as the track skip (double for forward and triple tap for back).
The box states that this mic and music controls will work on "most smart phones" but I have not yet tested this.

Overall these are a good buy with perfect sound and great build quality. Very well presented in the packing.

A much have set of headphones!

4.0 out of 5 stars These headphones have a great sound and an awesome design, 19 Oct. 2014
These headphones have a great sound and an awesome design. They are light and easy to transport and due to their flexibility you can shove them in your bag without worrying about breaking them. The sound is clear as is always the case with Skullcandy, however I have experienced some issues with the built-in mic and volume controls. When I first bought these headphones I intended to use them with my Sony Xperia Ray smartphone, however this phone was not compatible with the headphone jack, meaning that the sound was muffled, unless I manually pressed the mic button down. I solved this by buying a small adapter wire which solved the sound problem but the volume controls never worked.
When I got a new phone (HTC one mini 2) the sound was fine without the adapter, however I still can't get the headphone volume controls to work with any music player and the reaction time for the headphone play/pause button is usually several seconds. The mic works fine for phone calls.
However if you can live without the headphone volume controls, I would definitely recommend these headphones (or just wait until Skullcandy improve their music player app to work with new Android versions).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Pair of Headphones I've Owned to Date, 21 Nov. 2014
Liam (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Other headphones I owned previously have been rather flat and not very dynamic with the sound reproduction. These however have punchy bass, clear mid and treble sound without distortion. They are also light weight and look and feel amazing to wear. You can have them on for hours without discomfort. The Lowrider headphones also fold away which is good to save space.

I've never owned a really expensive pair of headphones before so I can't compare them to much but for MP3 tunes I'm assuming there won't be much of a difference unless your listening to a FLAC file with a pair of headphones which are top of the range.

For the majority of people who listen to MP3's and iTunes' AAC files you can't go wrong with these at all or anything from Skullcandy for that matter. Skullcandy also has an array of colours and designs to choose from so your not just stuck with black and silver all the time.

Highly recommended :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy lowrider headphones, 22 April 2014
Bought for my 9 year old son to take on holiday so that he could listen to music, audio books and films on the tablet and phone.
These were just the ticket - comfortable, light and compact when folded up. Sound brilliant and very little sound leakage

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bass Sound, 15 Oct. 2012
D. Pass (Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are good looking , light weight headphones that give a great listening experience and at a mid range price well worth it.
The bass sound is better than my wifes Bob Marley headphones which is a must for me as I do like plenty of bass on my music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cans, 12 May 2013
These are good headphones with a good sound quality. My only gripe with them is the cord is a little short for my use. I tend to use them on my desktop computer. Another 18-24 inches would have given it the extra start.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 31 Mar. 2014
Great for children or teens to use, they are attractive and good quality. Don't hug the ear as much as some other brands so not great for the gym or running but good in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scullcandy Headphones, 8 May 2013
I love that these headphone can be "broken down" so they can fit comfortably in my bag. This also seems to make them more durable to dropping. They work perfectly, delivery was on time and well packed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Skullcandy Lowrider 2.0 On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Pink (Electronics)
These are great, they shut out 85% of other sounds, they're really comfy and are a great price. Great buy :D