1,358 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well
Published 23 months ago by P. S. Briggs

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank the Lord for P.S.Briggs
I've only just started using this, therefore I've no idea how reliable it will be over time. However for the moment everything seems fine and it's great to be able to access wifi in an erstwhile blackspot.

However.........

Published 17 months ago by rennej

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
I now have two of these gizmos in my three storey house and this gives me good WiFi reception throughout. I found setting them up straightforward once I abandoned the manual! For my Netgear router the process was simple. Plug the Repeater in close to your router. Your PC does not even need to be turned on so long as the router is operating. Then using a handheld device (I used an iPhone) look for the Repeater which will show up as a Wifi source. Select it and you will see various Wifi transmitters around you. Obviously select your own router. You will be prompted for the password to this router. Insert this and you will connect the Repeater. You will know that this has happened because the light on the Repeater will turn Green. You can then unplug the Repeater and take it to where you want to strengthen the signal. Plug it into a socket here and in a few moments the light will turn green showing that it is working and you can then connect any device you want wirelessly and very simply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Throw the Instructions Away, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
This really does extend your wifi range - just as it says on the box ! However, as others have said throw the instructions away. This is what I did to get it to work with my BTHomeHub3; Plug it in near to your router and wait for the red light to turn yellow. Turn your phone (or tablet) on and open wifi settings. "Repeater" will show up in your list of wifi networks (it wouldn't show on my PC but was there on my phone and tablet)). Select it and open your browser which will open the configuration page for the Huawei. Select option 2 which is Manual Configuration. Ensure the name of your router appears in the pop up window. Type in your router's password and that's it. The light on the Repeater will flash yellow (it was previously static yellow) and then turn green meaning that it has connected. You can then unplug it and move it to wherever you need it (obviously not too far from the router - 1/2 way between the router and your "dead spot/s".

5.0 out of 5 stars Set up and headache!, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
(Edit - having recently changed to BT infinity, I can confirm this extender still works as perfectly and was a breeze to reinstall on the new system - I had forgotten I had written this review until I needed to reset the extender to pair with my BT Hub, I was delighted when I found these instructions again and it worked!).

I tried and tried to set this up. We are a Mac family living in a barn with thick thick walls.

The two options for setup didn't work. I don't have the WPS button on my router (Linksys) and couldn't work out how to do the second option!

So, here's what I did.

Plug in the WS320 (in the same room as my router), let it go from red to orange. Then turn on my Iphone.

Press the only button on the WS320 so the orange light flashed on and off.

Went to settings on my Iphone and looked in wifi settings to see if there was a new Wifi. There was one called REPEATER.

I selected it to connect on my iPhone. Then there was a question asking me for my Linksys password. I entered it and hit connect. iPhone connected to REPEATER.

Checked WS320 and button was now green.

Unplugged WS320 took it to room furthest from router to extend the wifi. Plugged it in, waited for red, orange and then green. No pressing buttons, no nothing.

Now have maximum wifi at furthest point from router where before I had barely any.

Excellent bit of kit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank the Lord for P.S.Briggs, 6 Feb 2013

However.........

The manual for those not able to deploy WPS is TERRIBLE. Here's a clue, Huawei, employ a writer not a robot when you next compile operating/set-up instructions!

Luckily for the company though they're saved on this site by the excellent instructions laid out in P.S.Briggs review. [*Go to 'most highly rated' reviews.] Sir/Madam you are a lifesaver. Over an hour wasted on the manual. Read your instructions and it was all systems go within minutes. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huawei wireless repeater, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
Once set up I'm getting 5 bars signal strength where at best it used to be zero or one. Even extends the signal into the garden which was a bonus.
A bit of a faff to set up, tbh mainly down to my playbook which kept switching between wireless networks whilst I was trying to configure the repeater. Once I reset the device and used a windows laptop it was pretty straightforward.
The main thing to realise is that the device uses 192.168.2.254 as it's default LAN address, so if your existing network is on a different segment (the 3rd number) then you'll have to change it if you are going to manually configure it (my router is BT Homehub v2, which doesn't have a WPS button and I have on segment 1 i.e. 192.168.1.x)
So I had to do the following: -
1. plug in the repeater near the router and wait until the light goes from red to orange
2. on PC connect using wireless to the network that appears as SSID 'REPEATER'
3. Using a web browser go to address [...] this brings up the Repeater admin page (login as user 'admin' password 'admin')
4. on the repeater admin page select 'Advanced' and go into 'Settings', then 'LAN' by clicking those items on the left hand menu
5. On LAN host Settings page enter a new IP address using your segment number but keep the default Subnet mask. I chose 192.168.1.222 as I knew it wouldn't conflict with anything else I had and it's easy to remember. Click 'Submit' to save.
6. The repeater can now be connected to your router on it's network segment, on the PC web browser go to the address you have just set for the Repeater i.e. in my case [...] the page will have a button marked 'Manually Connecting', press this and wait..........
N.B. be patient with this device - the admin functions all take a few minutes to complete
7. Once complete the page will show a list of available networks - highlight the one showing your usual WiFi network (if it's a hidden network you'll have to enter the name manually)
8. On the page, under 'Setting' enter the logon info for your original network - type of security and password.
9. Then click connect and wait. On the repeater the light will flash yellow for a while then turn green if all is well.
10. All you need to do now is to unplug the repeater and move it into a location where it can still pick up the router signal but also transmit it to where you need it. Plug it in and wait for the light to turn green.
11. That's it, worked for me.
If you have a WPS button on your router and it is already using segment 2 then things will be rather less long-winded.
Most of the above is in the manual but some is not in the main section, it also talks about changing your router segment, but it is easier to do this on the repeater as above.

5.0 out of 5 stars BT Home Hub 3, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
I have BT Home HUB3 in the front of the house and I like to sit in the conservatory which is on the back of the house. My signal kept dropping, so I had word with BT to see what could be done; I even asked if there was such a thing as a repeater, and the Chap in India said the Home Hub 3 would not work with one. Not to be out done, I started searching the net and found the just what I needed Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater.
It arrived by post, I plugged it in, in the room where I have the BT Home Hub 3, pressed the WPS button on the Home Hub, and then pressed the button on the front of the repeater, waited about 5 minutes and nothing happened. So I opened my Internet Wireless connections (In the task bar bottom right hand corner on your desk top) and there it was the Repeater was mentioned, I doubled clicked and surprise, surprise, the Huawei setup page opened. At this stage, I took out my Hub Setting, that little plastic do-da in the back of the hub with all the numbers printed on it, now I was ready to set it up. Check first and see if you have a yellow light on the Repeater, then on their setup page ensure you highlight your own internet connection, then you will have to enter your wireless key, click OK and wait, a few minutes later the light on the Repeater should turn Green, you are now done. Move your repeater to any room in the house and you should have a much stronger signal. Good Luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Device, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
Just had the Huawei delivered this morning. Plugged in close to router.Searched for Repeater on Sony Xperia S,then connected phone to repeater.Opened a webpage,input my Sky password from router.Light went green, showing connected. Relocated to other room and plugged in. After about 30 sec of flashing orange light, it turned green. The device is now bridging the gap between my router on 3rd floor,and my tablet and media player on first floor.Many thanks to the first few reviewers who outlined this method.Very easy to do,and far simpler to follow than instruction booklet. Buy it,you won't be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up but has caused considerable problems with wireless connection, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
This was bought to extend the wireless signal from my router to the far corners of my house, which it does, but not without constantly dropping the connection or making it impossible for devices to connect in the first place.

I had to go through the manual setup to connect it to my BT Home Hub 2.0 and found the process very easy, which is how this device has earned its one star; however, the wireless connection has been totally unreliable whilst the WS320 has been switched on - constantly dropping out or preventing connection in the first place. If you Google 'WS320 connection problems' you will discover that this is a common occurrence - I only wish I'd googled it myself before I bought it! Only when I turn off the device am I able to get a reliable wireless connection, but not throughout the entire house of course.

I did wonder if my ageing BT Home Hub 2.0 might be the problem but I've since had it replaced with a Home Hub 3.0 and it has made no difference at all. I contacted the UK Huawei Customer Support, only to be told that they've only just taken on responsibility for these devices (as opposed to mobile phones) and were unable to offer me any assistance whatsoever other than suggesting I contact Amazon for a refund!

I'm aware that there are more positive reviews here but my own experience leads me to say that I would definitely not recommend this device to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy set-up with Virgin super Hub, 18 Aug 2012
S. Cusworth "Steve Cus" (London) - See all my reviews
just upgraded to Virgin 100 Mbps and the Super Hub,
allways had a problem with wireless in lounge and garden so thought i will give this a try,
the best thing is it works so easy,
just plug the repeater in, near the HUB and turn on,
press and hold front button on Virgin Hub for 3/4 secs and release,
then do the same on the repeater and wait,
it will flash yellow,then turn green when connected to hub,
then unplug and plug in the room you want and thats it,easy peasy.
i now get 19Mbps in all rooms downstairs,and 13Mbps in garden,goes down to 5Mbps about 50ft away in garden,
tested on my Samsung Galaxy S2,
so Iam very pleased,

4.0 out of 5 stars No WPS button-no problem, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
We have an old 'O2 wirelessbox2' so connecting the 'easy' way wasn't an option as there is no WPS button, BUT.... There is a quick way to program the repeater, I used my better halves IPad and found the repeater in wifi settings once I'd plugged it in close to our router. Select it and tell it which network to connect to and then input your WEP key and then hit connect. The LED will quickly change to green. There is no need to press the WPS button on the Huwawi device at anytime to connect this way. Once set up the repeater can be unplugged and repositioned to extend your network to where you need the signal to be boosted. Plug it in, it will start with a solid red LED which changes to flashing yellow and then solid green. Job done.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater