Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 11 December 2012
If you are reasonably familiar with early Han dynasty history and you have some idea how to play Wei Chi (Go) you will enjoy this film. The plot is quite subtle and sometimes the sub titles change very quickly. I enjoyed it better on the second viewing.
on 12 November 2012
I didn't know what to expect from this movie when I bought it but I wasn't disappointed.
Judging by its trailer, you may think that this is a wu xia pian (chinese sword action movie) but its focus is more on its general plot and strategies between characters (with very decent and enjoyable fighting sequences).

Hard to classify but I would put it in the same category as "Detective Dee".
on 31 December 2015
Don't no why it got 2 stars, I loved it, great movie, great fighting screens, good story, we'll worth the watch.. Loved it.. X
on 4 January 2016
Higher strategies from a master film maker, this is a visually stunning film with something few western films have, an intelligent plot. This is a grand epic of honour, duty and to a lesser extent romance. There are no good or bad guys but a struggle for supremacy between two blood brothers, the fight scenes have thousands of men and horses, with minimal CGI help, it's an ambitious epic that works 've r y well.
on 5 April 2016