5.0 out of 5 stars Around the Tarot in 78 days.
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Tilly

1.0 out of 5 stars To much to take in- I re sold!
Far to much busyness with this book, there is no running theme simply jumps from one theme to another. I am a professional tarot reader but the book just feels like someone wrote lots of meanings down and then jumbled them all together
Published 4 months ago by JB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the Tarot in 78 days., 22 Jun 2012
I've been studying the Tarot for 2 years now and have been amazed at the insights it has given me. I've bought numerous books but this is amongst my favourites. I've probalby learnt more from it in the past two weeks than I've learnt in the past two years. Other books may have given me more indepth analysis of each card but this book really pulls the whole thing together and shows how expansive and deep Tarot study can be. Highly recommend it to beginners and experts alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vital & Vibrant, 8 Jun 2012
This book is...simply amazing. So vibrant - so unique. I have ploughed through several texts in the past, and also a number of different Tarot decks, thinking perhaps I had to find 'the one'. I had about given up ever being able to find a connection. Then this book came along & I thought, 'one last try'... I am so glad I did! The insights & exercises it contains are just...so deeply enlightening! I found myself very quickly connecting to the cards in a way I have never before experienced & the engagement has been triggered & fortified by the most skillful layout of the book itself. I would highly recommend this book to both complete beginners & seasoned readers alike, as it contains a wealth of wisdoms & is written in a way that allows one to perceive the cards in a manner that makes them feel totally real & vitally relevant. The insights the book contains coupled with the exercises have literally brought the cards alive for me. I would just like to thank the authors very much for creating such an invaluable resource & for raising my awareness of Tarot in a way I never thought possible. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good beginner's resource, 15 Aug 2012
Well, at least it's not another "tarot by numbers"!

As the title suggests, this is a proposed 78 day Tarot course in which you learn one card per day. You are encouraged to interact with the each card through key words, an affirmation, and a meditation. You're given astrological, kabbalistic and various other keywords as well. The "look inside" feature will give you an excellent idea of the way the book is laid out, and how the learning process is intended to work.

It's a good starter course, but might not have enough to really interest anyone already deeply into the Tarot. If you've absorbed the cards and made them your own Marcus Katz's Tarosophy is a far better buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Book - The Best Choice For Anyone Interested In Reading Tarot, 3 Jun 2012
Clearly written and pragmatic with many insights this book is a must have for anyone interested in learning the Tarot - We go way beyond learning just the meanings of the cards and learn the secrets of great Tarot reading through practical exercises guided meditations and a host of practical exercises - Marcus and Tali have produced a life changing book and made a significant contribution to the understanding of tarot as a tool to engage with life and not escape it. A winner - you need to buy this book it is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Jun 2012
Was so pleased with this book. Have been interested and reading tarot for a few years but within a few pages I had learnt something new and exciting. It is easy to follow for beginners yet contains unique information for more experienced readers too. Definately a 'must have' for tarot enthusiasts or those wanting to explore for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 31 May 2012
This book is truly absorbing. I have many other books, but, this is by far the best. I waited impatiently for this book to be published and I was not dissappointed. I have read a lot of other tarot books but I've learned more in the time I've had this book (about 2 weeks) than I,ve learnt in the last several years. I've only got one question. How did they do the book at this price?

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough, innovative and detailed!, 30 May 2012
I have bought many different books on Tarot, and this one beats them all, because its so different.

"Around the Tarot in 78 days" makes you think about each card, and work with it in many different levels. It makes the Tarot viable, alive and interesting for all. Its well written, humorous and extremely well researched. Marcus Katz is a real life magician and has certainly worked magic in this book along with the equally brilliant Tali Goodwin. This book shows the depth and diversity of Tarot, and how it can help you with life, rather than trying to escape it.

"Around the Tarot in 78 Days" is a book for beginners and adepts alike. It is a wonderful foundation, and life journey,suitable for all who are interested in the Tarot, and who want to work with it on a solid and eduated level.

Written informally, yet full of information, you won't regret buying this book... you will be amazed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn tarot the easy way!, 15 Sep 2012
I bought this book back in June and signed up for to Tarot-Town website to take part in the course it combines with. Although at first it may seem strange that the cards are not in order through the book, you soon understand the reason behind it and the process your are guided through.
You study one card a day (or more, if you wish), with clear descriptions and exercises that are well thought through as well as great depth and variety in styles of spreads, and history regarding the tarot's development. So, if you don't want to take the online course aswell, this book is a great stand-alone guide.

I have tried, for many years, to get to grips with the Tarot and this book made more sense than any I have previously experienced. It is a very accessible guide and although quite a tome, it is very easy to read through and hard to put down! Whether you are new to Tarot, a long-term dabbler (like me!) or an old hand at the art, in my opinion, this is a must have book for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Around the Taroit in 78 Days, 20 Jun 2012
this latest book from Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin takes a fresh new approach to the journey of discovering the Tarot.
rather than start at 1 and laboriously go through the pack looking at cards individually, the cards are grouped according to their place on the tree of life.
At each stage there is a gated spread to work through, which is not just a static 2 dimensional spread, but rather something to introduce into (your) life to progress onto the next stage.
The authors have spent many, many hours researching in order to distil the diverse and often conflicting meanings of the cards (offered by others and available elsewhere) into a useable and meaningful format that can then be developed easily into any form of reading. the cards are not "fixed" in their meanings, enabling coherent understanding wherever the card may appear in a reading.
The characters of the cards come alive in this book, encouraging a reader to really know the card, befriend it even, to develop a greater understanding, and make it meaningful to each individual.
The presentation is clear and simple making the book ideal for the absolute beginner as well as competent readers who are looking for a fresh approach to their understanding of the Tarot, it will appeal to all levels, and everyone will get something worthwhile from it.
The book would be as useful for teachers of Tarot to use for a coursebook,as it would to individuals for their personal Tarot journey.
I have very much enjoyed my Tarot journey with this book, which has enriched my life and my understanding of the Tarot.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Journey!, 27 Aug 2012
M. J. Morton "mortonmerl" (West Cumbria. UK) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this book! As a novice Tarot Card reader I find it easy to follow and understand. It has made studying the Tarot a joy for me.
A really fascinating book that teaches you so much about the Tarot. It is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into the writing of this book.
I can see myself spending many hours reading and re-reading this book, as my understanding of the Tarot develops.
It is a beautiful book to look at too. The illustrations are wonderful!
I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about the Tarot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›