5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, fresh shave
Published on 21 Feb. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Essential
These cartridges do a great job but I still think they are over priced for what they are. There life span is also greatly reduced once opened in Hot weather as the alcohol evaporates that much quicker.

All that said when I bought the razor I knew these were part of the deal.
Published on 1 Aug. 2010 by BruceW

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, fresh shave, 21 Feb. 2004
By A Customer
This is a great shaving system. I used to get bad shavers rashes when using all the other well-known branded razors and shaving foams (even the sensitibe ones). The Braun shaver and these refils are extremely clean and hygenic, leaving my face and neck with a lovely soft feeling. One refil lasts about 2.5 months and after the initial investment in the shaver & kit, it's a really economical way of achieving what I see as the closest, clreanest shave available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Shaving, 10 Oct. 2010
R. Humphreys "tight_bob" (Llantwit Major. S. Wales) - See all my reviews
Though this is an added expense to shaving its use does improve the skin condition. With daily use the full pack lasts me about three months. I would recommend it to all interested in getting the best shaving experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars It cleans, it lubricates and it smells of lemon!, 11 Oct. 2007
Mr. Mischief (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
These clean & refill cartridges are for use in what I think is a very effective cleaning system. I use them with my Braun 8985 shaver and I'm always impressed at not only the standard of the clean (pop the foil off the shaver after a cleaning cycle and it's virtually spotless inside) but also how it makes the shaver smell, look and feel. Not only does the cycle leave the cutter and foil clean and smelling fresh, it lubricates the cutting head by just the right amount and really does improve the standard of the cut by a large margin. Fail to clean the shaver once and the next time you use it, it will seem to produce both an inferior, and less hygienic, cut.

I get about 6 weeks' use out of each refill and they work out at around £3.75 or so each. This is more than I was paying for razor blades, but for environmental concerns more than cost I try to go a bit careful on the frequency of cleaning cycles, perhaps one every other day. Braun say that the refills are safe to throw out with the household rubbish, and there is no doubt that the shaver works much better when clean, but throwing away this much plastic seems a bit of a waste these days.

One word of caution, albeit a minor one, is that the very tip of the shaver body gets coated in solution during the cleaning process, and if you don't clean the body after each clean it can get discoloured very quickly. A wipe over with the tip of a damp towel soon sorts this out, although it is a bit of a pain having to remember to do it each time.

To sum up, I really would miss the system if I had to use more conventional means to keep the cutting head free of accumulated muck; it cleans better and is more convenient than cleaning the shaver manually. All in all, a solid four stars for a good product, missing out on five only because of the cost of refills - after all, how much can it cost Braun to produce a lump of plastic filled with a bit of liquid?

4.0 out of 5 stars Best pack deal yet, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Braun CCR4 Clean and Renew Refill Cartridges - Pack of 4 (Personal Care)
This seems to be an export product re-sold in the UK, but there is no difference in quality and the only disappointment is that it doesn't have the lemon smell.

But, still keeping my shaver going after 3 years, so overall a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Braun CCR3 Refill 3 Pack., 19 Sept. 2009
J B Ford (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This product really does enhance the shaving experience with the relevant Braun Electric Razor (790cc,590cc or 390cc). The razor feels like it is brand new each and every time you use it after a session of cleaning and recharging in its base station, and the Lemon scent is quite addictive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, 2 Mar. 2009
Great Little product I only use the clean unit every other day but it keeps the Braun clean and fresh and smeels good too, cartriges last well over 2 months if you empty the bits out of your Braun before cleaning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the mess out of cleaning, 11 July 2011
The beauty of this product is that it takes the mess and fuss out of cleaning your shaver. If you've time on your hands, then probably more sensible to save your money and do it manually, but if time to do little jobs is an issue, then this is the ideal solution. Just pop your shaver in the cleaner and this stuff (which are the refills for it) will make your shaver all shiny and new-looking, not to mention pleasantly fragrant, ready for your next morning shave!

4.0 out of 5 stars Do a good job, 9 Jun. 2014
Amazonian "Badger" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've been using these for a couple of years now and they seem to be doing a good job of keeping my shaver clean and debris free without the hassle of having to remove the shaver head and brushing it out manually from time to time. It's also nice to have the fresh lemon scent every time I shave.

I only need to shave every other day so each cartridge lasts me two months (30 cycles as claimed by the manufacturer) and each 3 pack therefore lasts me six months; at around £25 for two packs a year I don't think it is too much to pay for the convenience and the clean, fresh feel of this system - if I had to buy four packs a year I might feel differently.

Finally, I don't know whether other users have experienced this problem but from time to time when I take the shaver from its holder and start to use it the shaver head is still wet and it drags on the skin a little which I find uncomfortable. I have no idea why this happens as I have done nothing differently; fortunately, it's a fairly rare occurrence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun clean & renew cartridges, 19 Aug. 2013
Bought these refill cartridges as they were cheaper than buying them from retailers and are exactly the same item, have used these many times and are excellent for cleaning my razor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 1 Aug. 2010

All that said when I bought the razor I knew these were part of the deal.