on 14 September 2015
I'm constantly amazed at how many of my parent friends have no idea what this is.

My son regularly drops his dummy on the floor so we keep a second one in here and just swap them over whenever one falls 'sunny side down'.

It uses a new tablet every 24 hours. I rather suspect that if you use a cold water steriliser then you could just dip it in that to top it up, but we don't and the tablets are not expensive (I just bought 50 on Amazon for about £3). The tablets aren't widely available in shops - I have found them in some larger Boots, but are readily found online.

Preparing the steriliser with a new tablet is very easy and quick - and more so if you use tepid rather than cool water as the tablet dissolves much faster.

The only drawback that I've found is that the clear teat on the Avent dummies that we use clouds on long-term exposure to the sterilising solution. So if you leave a dummy in for 24 hours it won't look quite as clear as it did, and since we keep a spare dummy in it for hours at a time over many uses they don't look quite as nice. I've no reason to suspect that this harms the dummy at all though.
on 15 May 2013
I like this item as it is ideal for when I am out and about and my son throws his dummy on the floor.i put it in here and 15 mins later I have a clean dummy
on 8 November 2014
Clever gadget, so good for having when out and about. Very portable. Lots of friends have commented on how clever it is :-) If you are using milton at home just fill gadget with made up milton dont worry about the mini tablets. although i did buy a pack of mini tablets and they last ages.
on 23 May 2015
Don't know what I'd do without this! Pacifiers are always ending up on the floor. It's simple to use and perfect for when you're out and about. I do recommend always carrying two pacifiers with you so you can swap them out. The Avent soothies fit perfectly.
on 3 September 2014
This product is absolutely perfect if your little one likes to throw their soother on the floor often, Having another one at hand, then re-sterilising the dirty one within 15 minutes is fantastic. Well recommended.
on 21 April 2015
Love this product, such a good idea! Bought this for a friend who recently had a baby and she was constantly losing the soothers. This clips onto the pram and makes sure she has a clean soother ready. She loves this product and has saved a fortune (by not having to buy new soothers every week!).
on 14 June 2014
Got this mainly for our holiday, but have already started using it and think it's really good. Just make sure you always have 2 dummy's with u
on 18 February 2016
The product itself does the job, however, it was bought from a seller (KIDS ABC) and fulfilled by Amazon, and the blue steriliser I received was not only discoloured but the sterilising tablets were nine months out of date!

The steriliser looks more of a green colour than a blue, like it's been left in the sun too long, the Velcro strap is a more true blue and does not really match. The only reason I have not returned it is because I could not wait for a replacement as we were due to go away shortly after I received the steriliser, luckily enough, I had already ordered a box of sterilising tablets so did not need to use the expired ones. The photo does not reflect how discoloured the steriliser really is.
review image
on 22 March 2016
Handy idea, great to be able to sterilise a dummy on the move when Baby inevitably throws it on the floor. The two halves unscrew open and I've found the threads to be a bit tricky sometimes. It's too easy to cross them without realising and then it's very hard to open later.
on 10 May 2016
Excellent product. Recommended by a couple from my NCT group - we've now all got one!

Comes with a sheet of mini steriliser tablets too, if like me, you aren't organised enough to order mini sterilising tablets at the same time as the steriliser!