4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks the part but.....
I have an ancient plastic cone with stains that won't come out and now there is a crack so time for a replacement!
First this was heavier than expected (rightly or wrongly I associate the word 'porcelain' with fine delicate china). Anyone with arthritis in their hands or who is prone to dropping things might be better with plastic.
Anyway - being sad I compared...
Published 19 months ago by pineapple

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Filter Cone
Published on 27 Oct. 2012 by Maria

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job and looks the part but....., 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
Anyway - being sad I compared the two with identical amounts of coffee/hot water.
The old plastic one has 4 holes and the porcelain one has 3. I found the new one actually drains a bit slower but there isn't much in it.
Flavour wise I use pretty strong coffee anyway and didn't notice any appreciable difference.
The big difference was that the plastic brew was hotter - so I recommend warming the porcelain cone before use.
For looks/hygiene - and possibly health? - I prefer the new one.
But for practicality I prefer plastic.
You decide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Juat what I wanted, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
Just what I wanted as it means that I can have one cup and not too much mess especially at work

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Filter Cone, 27 Oct. 2012
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to make myself a cup of filter coffee without having to use a machine. It does the job fairly well. I use it with paper filters. I think though, it would be even better if the water passed through the cone a little slower to have better extraction of the coffee flavours. I need to first wet the ground coffee with hot water before adding the rest of the water because I find the wet coffee slows the passage of water a little and improves extraction. Maybe if the holes in the cone were a little smaller it would be even better. It is great though not using a plastic cone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Saturday mornings... loved it so much I bought a second, 17 May 2014
Mr. S. F. Sankey "sean1e" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
This is a cracking little filter. Get your papers from tesco or waitrose for £1.19 for 40, two desertspoons of freshly ground beans and pour slowly / topping up little by little til you have a fill mug. Stunning. Makes much smoother coffee than french press / cafetiere so has become my go-to coffee gadget when I've got a bit of time and not rushing between things. Recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coffee at last!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
Works extremely well. Easy to clean and attractive. Packed well. Easy to use. Would recommend this product for coffee lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars coffee filter cone, 17 July 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
Perfect for making fresh coffee by the cup this makes enough for 1 mug. - quick and simple, easy to clean at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee without the hassle..., 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I have tried various Cafetieres and Percolators,but it was not until an American friend showed me his coffee cone that I discovered the ultimate method of making a cup of coffee with such ease. If you just wish to make a cup of coffee for yourself (or even if you want to make an additional cup for someone else),then a Coffee Cone is for you. I am really delighted with mine. It is strongly made from porcelain, a nice sensible size,and with a paper filter to line it,one is ready to go!!! Put a spoonful of coffee in the Cone. Pour just-off-the-boill water into the cone in a circular motion to saturate the coffee;wait a minute then top up with enough hot water to fill the coffee cup or mug. Add milk and sugar to taste. And you have a delicious cup of coffee to relish and enjoy. What more could you ask for?

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
but a little heavy the porcelain is not very fine, but that's not a problem it's the right size and easy to clean and much nicer than the plastic ones where hot water is concerned I'm really pleased with this and am buying another for a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Cone, 23 July 2014
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I have just purchased my second coffee cone and also bought others for my family members and they love it.. I learnt while using it to make sure the coffee is grounded fine so that the water does not filter to quickly. Filter papers can be bought from any supermarket and at very good value.

Best coffee to try with it: http://www.lavazza.co.uk/uk/ The Expresso (Black packet) and the Rossa (Red and Silver) are the easiest to find. The best of all is ORO (Gold Packet) which is not stocked in as many places.

4.0 out of 5 stars At Last!, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone (Kitchen & Home)
I've been looking for one of these for months, ever since I broke my original (bought in Vienna in 1962 and in constant use since!).This one isn't a Melitta own brand but the coffee tastes SO much better than the plastic ones.

WM Bartleet & Sons Coffee Filter Cone