on 3 July 2014
Well I bought this card (along with the separate front panel from Anker) hoping to bring my ageing computer into the promising future of USB 3.0 - but alas it did not work.

Installed it into a PCIe x1 slot with the 4 pin molex power connector. Simple stuff. Windows (7 64 bit) detects the new hardware but can't find the drivers - so installed the drivers from the included disk - rebooted - now listed in device manager as VIA USB 3 HUB and VIA USB 3 eXtensible Host Controller. Sounds about right? Go to test it with a flash drive - nothing. Test it with a portable HDD - nothing. Nothing lighting up on the devices to say they are plugged into anything and nothing showing up in windows to indicate that any device us been plugged in.

So go to download the most up-to-date drivers from here:

www. ianker.com/product/68UPPCIE-2S20PU

Uninstall the old ones, reboot, install the new ones, reboot - still nothing.

Subsequently i'm thinking - lets have a look around ye olde internet to see if anyone has any fixes. I found this very helpful review on the dot com site from the one known as only as 'Gene':

www. amazon.com/review/R11GJOB2ZUFJFK/ref=cm_cd_pg_prev?ie=UTF8&asin=B007SJGGAE&cdForum=Fx9A2S0GVAFU3J&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1O7E35AAZXXGW&store=pc#wasThisHelpful

Thus leading me try a few more drivers from VIA:

via-labs. com/en/support/downloads.jsp#hostdriver

But unfortunately, although these seemed to work for some people - they did not work for me.

Next on the agenda - Try the other PCIe x1 slot and the spare PCIe x16 slot - whilst uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers each time. Nope.

Or I could try flashing the most up-to-date BIOS? Nope.

This is around the time I started emailing customer services who despite not having a UK support number and taking about half a day to respond to my email - they were relatively helpful and suggested trying the card in a different computer.

Now I have a ASUS P5k Premium WIFI/AP board - which is admittedly at least 6 years old - but this should be no good reason for the card not to work - PCIe is backward and forward compatible - if the board has a PCIe socket I should be able to plug a PCIe component into it and have it work! You would think? (This is advertised right!?)

Anyway - I then introduce the card to my parents computer - An Asus P8 H61. Install into the spare slot, attach the 4 pin molex - install the drivers straight off the disk... Only to have the card work perfectly! As it obviously would! But it gets more painful - the bitter irony is that my parents computer already has native USB 3.0 support! What a Joke!

So while I had it working I ran some tests: via the card I transferred a 4gb file at around 70-80mbps - taking about 30 seconds. Would have been happy with that on my computer. Interestingly enough I transferred the same file from the same device via the native support as well and got speeds around 85-110mbps - probably knocking a few seconds off. So don't think this will be quite as fast as native support would be (if you do get it to work!).

In the end I would love to tell you something cathartic, the ultimate compensation like: I realised the card’s hidden switch had been in the ‘off’ position the whole time - I turned it on and got speeds of up to 5000mbps on my own computer! With this I managed to seduce a bright young 22 year old girl and now we’re settled down with a family in an idyllic country cottage in cornwall...

Regrettably that hasn’t happened. Though Anker customer services have given me a full refund and I have now ordered a Silverstone EC04-E PCI Express Card from Scan.co.uk:

www. scan .co.uk/products/4-port-silverstone-sst-ec04-e-pci-express-card-with-4x-usb-30

So I will report back here if I manage to get that one to work or not.

In conclusion:
-This anker card may work for you - more likely if you have a newer computer.
-If not, try the steps given in Gene’s review.
-Then try the steps I suggested as a final hope.

Been a bit of a learning curve for me - if you read loads of these customer reviews for different cards you will find i’m not the only one reporting they don’t work. Other people complain of them not lasting long, causing slow boots, general instability, hangs when logging off and even the cards frying their USB devices *gulp*. Remember they can’t be tested to work on every single variation of computer system - so be careful out there fellow consumers!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I received this a week ago, and have been testing it with 3.0 devices to test its speed. The speeds I've been getting are very good, and pretty much match my Asus motherboard's 3.0 speeds.

The installation is very simple - it only requires a MOLEX power connector, which isn't included in the package, however should be coming straight from your PSU (in my case from the Corsair AX750) - once the molex connector is in place, the card is ready to be used.
It has the 20pin USB connector on the card itself, meaning you can connect up any front side USB connections (ie front panel usb ports). This is useful, if you need to connect a USB 3.0 card reader, but have already used the 20pin connector on your motherboard (in my case the Asus Sabertooth Z77).

As for the USB 3.0 connections, exterior to your board, there are two, as pictured.
I should also note that you get a small plate adapter too, in order to put this card in small PC setups (do bear in mind that molex connection)

The installation of the drivers, was very easy, with the CD provided, and Windows 7 instantly picks up anything plugged into it.
I've tried a varied amount of things, such as my EPH-O2D Audio DAC, my Logitech C615 Camera, a USB 3.0 card reader by Uspeed and even my Canon printer.
Everything works, and everything is picked up instantly.

Finally, I should note the PCI-E speeds (ie 16x or 4x etc) as with slower, older systems, your slower PCI-E speeds won't let you enjoy the fast speeds of this 3.0 card. Do bear that in mind, and do your research before buying a 3.0 compatible card.

For the price (of around £12), the card is well worth it, especially for systems, unlike mine, that don't have USB 3.0 slots (or not enough of them). Remember USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible, meaning your USB 2.0 devices will also work in the 3.0 slots (such as my printer and camera for example).

Will definitely recommend this one!
I also hope my pictures, help you understand what's included, and how it is supposed to be connected to your PSU.
on 3 January 2013
Bought this to go with a front panel usb3 bay. Packaging good and delivery fine. There is an identical product on amazon which has plain metal backplate, this one has the smart black. Also supplied is the low profile back plate. Easily fitted, and the screw is supplied. Installing. Slighty different from the normal W7 installation. Use the supplied disc, open device manager, add hardware and when finished reboot. Then device manager again add hardware. The first time is for the hardware added to the bios, (hence reboot) the second time is the driver. Ignore the windows update. Works well, did several speed tests with
A) SSD crucial M4. very fast
B) usb3 pendrive, same speed as built in usb3
I would buy this again if needed.
on 18 April 2015
I bought two of these one for a Win 7 computer and the other one for a Win 8.1 computer and ..... Silly me ... didn't read the instructions so I tried to install them first without installing the software from the enclosed disk and that did not work. My excuse is that a PCI card for some additional USB 2 ports which I had previously installed didn't need any software to work all it needed was installing and it worked perfectly. Happy days....

I tried fitting the Anker PCIe to USB 3 to each one of my computers neither of the computers would boot up properly because I didnt have a mouse that worked when I got to the screen. I had to remove the Anker PCIe to USB 3 card from each of the computers to restore normal working and then boot up into windows to install the vital Anker disk software provided on the enclosed disk. When I replaced the Anker PCIe to USB 3 card inside both of the computers it all worked a treat for both computers . That happy clappy situation did not survive the first attempt by my Advanced Driver Updater software to update the disk software which had come on the Anker disk the update for the Anker software was incompatible and I duly discovered that was right back where I started from.- screwdriver time.

I had to take the Anker PCIe to USB 3 card from both the computers and then boot up and yet again reinstall the software from the Anker disk. So - if you do buy this Anker PCIe to USB 3 card and you update your software you must ensure that the software you downloaded from the card is not included in any update you undergo or you must be be prepared to do what I have described to you.
That is - as I experienced the new upgrade for the Anker PCIe to USB 3 is incompatible making the whole USB1 - 2 and 3 ensemble goes awol. This story indicates that if you ever have to do a full reinstall of Windows you will have to remove the PCIe to USB 3 card or the computer mouse along with all the other USB ports and devices will not be operable!

I hope this experience of mine is of some use to you - apparently we all seem to have differing experiences it just so happens that this is mine...
on 16 December 2012
Edit:
1. Since my review beneath the vendor has changed the images and description to better reflect the product's best use in a desktop-sized computer, so I've altered the rating and title to match but left my review unchanged;
2. Following some contact I commend the vendor on their attention to customer service.

I bought this card to test transfer speeds with an external disk drive on a Windows 8 computer: I had got an average 32mb/s from USB2, and then with this card 107mb/s for transfers below 1Gib in size, 45mb/s for transfers above. (Those speeds are below the 5Gbps listed because hard drives are sllooow[...]) It does what it was meant to, so I'm very happy with both it.

So why only three stars? Two reasons.
1. The card *must* have extra power via a molex connector (the "4 pin male power connector"), even to run at just USB2 speeds. Not all power supplies have molex, particularly when supplied by oems, so I had to wait a few days more for a converter to arrive. Ideally the card would arrive either with a SATA power connector also on the board, or a converter such as the one I bought: BestDealUK 15 Pin SATA Male to 4 Pin Female Power Cable IDE HDD

2. The card was bought specifically because it had a low-profile bracket, however the molex being on the top edge forces the power cables and connector up and out into a low-profile computer's side panel: the Dell Inspiron 560s I use it in required some jury-rigging before it could be closed up again, although I'll accept the 560s probably has even more limited space than other low-profile system units. Ideally the molex should face back *into* the computer, like the 20pin connector.

None of this reflects on the vendor, LaptopMate-UK, who I'd give 5 stars to.

tl;dr: 5 stars only if you have a spare molex connector and a fullsize desktop.
on 21 November 2012
Product arrived on time and in good order, fitted and working OK.

Reason for purchse is our new build machine has a Gigabyte motherboard with 2 external USB3 ports but only onboard headers for three USB2. The Antec Sonata case from Amazon was advertised as having 2 front USB2 ports but Antec have upgraded their product to USB3. We were left with two front USB3 ports and nothing to connect them to and three spare onboard USB2 headers.

Internet search shows a number of customers with the same problem and one suggested a USB3 card. The alternative is a USB2 to USB3 adaptor cable but there is not much point in going backwards.

We now have six rear USB2 and four rear USB3 with two front USB3 ports. Also purchased a front card reader to make use of one of the onboard USB2 headers.

Couldn't be more pleased.
Antec Sonata Proto MIDI Tower Case compatible with ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX
on 22 January 2015
I wasted spending two hours with this card this week. It initially worked after installing drivers but after rebooting it failed.
I then reinstalled the drivers etc and wasted a lot of time. It was only when I tried my two USB sticks on my office machine that I realized that the card had destroyed them. Probably something to do with a short in the cards power supply circuit. I am obviously very unhappy about the loss of two memory sticks.

I ordered an Inateck card again from Amazon and installed last night in the the same PCI Express slot and this card worked first time and does not require extra power.
on 17 January 2013
2 things to check before you order this card. My 2 slot graphics card was blocking the only other pcie slot as my mother board only has 1 pcie, so had to order a ribbon pcie riser cable lol, and luckily have a spare card riser slot on my coolermaster Haf 932 case.

It seemed to worked ok with the via 1.80 driver that comes with the card on mini cd, but then my wd passport essentials Hard drive kept disconnecting then reconnecting even during file copy I searched everywhere online for a fix and power options, turn off usb power saving etc none of which worked

My Solution for windows 8 x64, Do not install the driver that comes with the card on mini cd, use the windows update which installs driver 6.2.9200.16451 for the root hub and driver 6.2.9200.16420 for the host controller automatically

My fix as I installed the cd driver was In device manager I uninstalled the usb root hub xhci and the via usb 3.0 extensible host controller, clicked Delete Driver software for this device then restarted the machine and windows installed the right drivers

It now works 100% with fast read and write speeds no dropouts or sleep, and have also connected the 20 pin to a front panel usb3 twin socket very happy now with the card
on 12 January 2014
Installation of this card was straightforward and with the driver installed from the supplied disc the card was recognised immediately. However the graphics card was immediately affected causing the display to look as though it had been shredded with much of it unreadable. I looked through other users comments and found that this problem had been reported before so it is not an isolated case. My system uses a PNY NVIDIA GeForce 8400 graphics card mounted in the PCIE-16 slot on a Gigabyte motherboard with an Intel duocore processor, running XP SP3. This Anker USB3 card requires a PCIE-1 slot which happens to be the next slot to the graphics card. My graphics card uses IRQ23 and I believe the previous reviewer said the the USB card uses the same IRQ and he had to adjust his bios to change IRQ's. Having read further on the internet it has been noted that interference from USB 3 to various electronic devices is not uncommon due to the frequencies it works at, so it may not be an IRQ problem at all.
I therefore uninstalled the card and have returned it for a refund. The display worked perfectly again after removing this USB card.
on 13 December 2013
The description says it is not suitable for a slim PC but it looked like it would work so I took a chance. It is a good price and I found it to be high quality.

I have an HP Slimline S5000 series PC which is a media centre so pretty packed out with TV tuner, WiFi card, and NVIDIA graphics card. This 2-Port USB 3 card fit nicely into the free PCI-E slot using the supplied slimline bracket.

The molex connector for power is required, and the socket is located on the edge facing the case opening, so is a close fit when you put the case side panel pack on.

I also didn't have any molex connectors or a spare SATA power so I had to buy a SATA power splitter cable and a SATA power to 4-pin molex. Works great.

Detected and works automatically under Ubuntu, no issues when copying a couple of terabytes of files.