5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bag
This is a good sturdy bag. The base and back is fixed, so unlike other bags in this style I've had, I am more confident that this one will not break so easily. I initially wanted black, but on sale this colour was not available. I purchased in Blue Wave, which is actually perfectly fine and somewhat classic looking.

I would recommend this bag. I previously had...
Published on 24 Feb. 2011 by FM

3.0 out of 5 stars good design, good wheels, fabric not tough
We bought 2 of these for a 6 week trip around central America. We took 13 flights and stayed in about 10 hotels, so there was some moving around involved, but no trekking or anything like that.

The inside compartments ripped on both, and the outer fabric was torn on both.

We returned them both and received a full refund.

I expected these...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bag, 24 Feb. 2011

I would recommend this bag. I previously had a qantas branded bag which broke the first time I used it. The Qantas bag was poor quality even though it was expensive. In comparison, this eastpak bag looks much sturdier for international travel.

The great thing about these bags as opposed to traditional suitcases is that in most cars you can fit two large suitcases in the boot. Ideal if there's two of you travelling (or even for depositing people at the airport!).

*** An update since purchasing and more than 12 months worth of use. I bought the EastPak large transfer bag time some time ago now and it has now been to and from Australia, America, Thailand, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, etc (all from the UK). Planes, trains and automobiles. It's survived very well indeed, even after having been dragged through snow, ice and water after our skiing trips. In terms of weight - it is great - it has heaps of room and is itself very light - but no matter what I cannot seem to "over pack" it so that I exceed the weight restrictions on flights. Even with my incredibly tight packing it will only take about 24 kg (provided you don't pack books or documents). Also, I like the fact that when I pack knee-length boots in winter, they lie flat so that I don't have to ruin the leather. It's flat shape means that it can be stored under our bed (even with the smaller Medium transfer bag stored inside it).

For my husband and I, the two compartments are perfect "his and her" sides which means we can share a bag if necessary. On some work trips I use the other side as the "to be washed" section so that I only have to open one side when I move from hotel to hotel. The wheels are still in perfect condition and the handle and general shape shows no sign of giving in. We also purchased the medium transfer bag for smaller trips and it is similarly excellent - sturdy, reliable and with the convenient two compartments.

Having seen how well it's traveled, I've now convinced my mother to buy the bag for her trip around the USA. For the price, reliability and functionality, I would highly recommend this bag.

**** The bag arrived very quickly.

***** Update in 2014 after first purchasing this bag in 2011. It's still going strong. Still looks good. Wheels and handles still in place. Zips all work. No damage to the fabric. Have also bought the medium, which is great for a weekend. Buying another now - for my husband for our 4 week trip to Australia / Indonesia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Traveller, 10 Jun. 2011
I travel a lot for work and need my clothes and bits and bobs to be easily accessible and compartmentalised. It can be packed up or down - meaning its super flexible for the amount you fill it with depending on if you are going away for a week or up to a month. I also hate carrying heavy bags and am always running around trying not to miss planes and catch connections - this bag holds everything I need in two separate internal zipped areas keeping everything organised and fresh and is very easily wheeled around without feeling like you are dragging a huge weight around after you. Its also silent, so you can dash up and down airport terminals without causing too much attention. I would definitely recommend it as check in luggage over any other bag of its size I have found on the market so far for long or short haul travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, solid, smart from Eastpak, 24 Aug. 2011
We've been labouring with a mish-mash of luggage for years. Now with a couple of kids in tow, we needed both space and portability. There are many cheaper alternatives, but all we viewed felt insubstantial, like the pull-along handle was ready to break at the merest hint of pressure. There are many more expensive alternatives, but I thought them often overburdened by faff - too many compartments, over-heavy wheely bits etc. Eastpak is a great balance. Big and squared off, so feel like you get the most of the room available, with a smart two-zone inner (which separates the "his from hers" on big trips). The construction is solid - heavy duty material without feeling heavyweight. We bought one, and immediately on receipt bought another one - seriously impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars good design, good wheels, fabric not tough, 1 Jun. 2013

The inside compartments ripped on both, and the outer fabric was torn on both.

We returned them both and received a full refund.

I expected these bags to be more durable.

having two halves in the bag is useful, and the wheels were very sturdy. The bottom could have been more solid to allow the bags to stand up more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Two Wheeled Case, 6 Feb. 2015
Fantastic case.

Purchased this case on the main point that it can fold down and become pretty flat for when it is not need in storage and it does just that.

First off it has a very sturdy retractable handle on the top for when you are wheeling it. There is a push button fitted the the handle to lock it into place so it doesn't keep coming out.

Also there are two strong material handles on on the top and the second on the side allowing you to carry this case in a way that is easy for you.

Fitted to the bottom is a robust plastic grab handle which I have found so useful combinded which the handle on the top, on numerous occasions when I have needed to carry this up and down stairs.

There is one outer pocket zip lock on the front useful for storing travel papers.

The two zips that shut this case can be locked to the case to prevent any unauthorised access by persons.

Once the case is opened up there are two main compartments which are both sealed via zips.One of the compartment covers has a small zip pocket on the front of I have yet to find a use for that.

The are also two buckle straps on the outside of the case used to tighten up the case to make it a but thinner and prevent things moving around if the case is not full.

I will most certainly be looking to buy another of these cases maybe a slightly smaller version to complement this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars spacious and well made, 1 Jan. 2013
good bag - big enough for my husband and I to share when checking in luggage on a plane but need to watch the weight as when filled to capacity it is easy to exceed the kg allowance.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent size and appears robust, 4 Jun. 2013
Peter Allen (Berlin Germany) - See all my reviews
I needed an easy to manoeuvre suitcase (while I carry a baby in a backpack) that carries everything for a family of 4.

The Eastpak Transfer did that with ease. It has 2 large compartments to organise stuff. On its first journey it carried a balance bike, 2 children chairs (flat packed), a crawling tunnel and several other bits and bobs coming up to 22 kg.
No problems with the fabric or zips on that journey. Bravo!

Would recommend to anyone wanting to go on longer journeys who wants to bring lots of things. It's not a hard shell (fragile items might to go elsewhere), but very light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Nov. 2014
Used twice now, once for a short break in Barcelona and once for a Longer break in Vegas, so can literally be used for any occasion due to the material and straps that adjust the bag. Very light for its size and can hold a very large amount. Well made and no problems at all as of yet, worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeded all my expectations, 27 Nov. 2013
Eastpak are the best. great design, loads of space and well organised compartments. Expands to a great size, but also squashes down for easy storage. Highly recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Buy, 23 April 2012
A very strong yet lightweight item, it is very easy to manage, bought as a 21st birthday present for my grandson, he loves it, he recently emigrated to Australia, so it was well packed to capacity and he still had no problems with it. he really recommends it.