5.0 out of 5 stars .
what a read, loved it from page one right to the end. I was totally immersed in the story and I cared for the character... what was he going to do, what going to happen to him, etc etc... Brilliant read.
Published 16 days ago by Mr Tony Cordon

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish
I can see that this appealed to a lot of people but I have to say I wasn't one of them. I found the pace far too slow to hold my interest. (I gave up at the 58% mark.)

Published 2 months ago by RGW

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish, 24 May 2014
RGW (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: London 2012 : What If? (Book One) (A Romantic Time Travel Thriller) (Kindle Edition)

The guy finds himself in an alternate reality and that's about all that happens. What the book seems to be about is just how dim 'our hero' is. I mean he sees that his transport card is different but he never bothers to study his wallet to see what else is different. (Hours later he thinks his wallet will still be full of Pounds when London in this reality is using Euro.) He's in a completely different reality but he assumes that he's still married to the same woman and living in the same house. And it's late in the evening before he sees himself in a mirror for the first time, despite having seen a different-looking photo of himself on an id card. (What he didn't go into a bathroom all day?) The never-ending stream of 'Duh!' moments was too much for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, poor ending, 8 July 2014
Really interesting story. The main character was pretty unlike-able - even when things started changing for him and I think I was meant to start warming to him, I still thought he was a bit of a prat! Having read book 2 as well though I must say I was very disappointed with the ending!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 7 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The Jubilee Line will never be the same for me again! Fabulous book!, 6 July 2014
I just loved this book, having been drawn to the Tube setting in London.Parallel universes? I was hooked! Very pleasantly written and easy to follow, some aspects around timing, conclusion etc have been questoned by others, but I was so engrossed in the idea of the story that that really didn't matter! The concept and idea of this tale is riveting, and really got me thinking about could it be really happening all around us? We just don't know, but it is great fun to go along with Ian's ideas in his story. I will definitley be finding other books by him to read, especially as I am interested in genetics and other books feature genetics companies.
I think this author has great imagination, throw in a lot of knowledge and writing skills and we have great books. By the way Ian, in my humble opinion, the plot for What if...? , or Haunted From Within would make great films, but for me the pictures are better in books anyway (ie in my imagination). A great author to find, Thank you so much Ian

4.0 out of 5 stars Out of sync., 1 Jun 2014
We all have moments when we think "I shouldn't be here, doing this.....". This book shows what might happen if you sudden found yourself in the alternative universe - the regrets, the opportunities. Well written, it describes such a situation and leaves you asking yourself "What would I do, what would I miss?"

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable easy read, 22 April 2014
Liked this book, good easy read . Downloaded 2nd book to find out what going to happen. Going to look up what other books Ian C.P Irvine has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 19 April 2014
this is an immensly enjoyable book ,i congratulate mr irvine on a good interest story ,it grabs your attention straight away

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 12 April 2014
An entertaining and interesting read, so I did buy Part 2. Not perfect and the ending is problematic. But the underlying message is - be careful what you wish for.

4.0 out of 5 stars LONDON 2012;..WHAT IF...?, 28 July 2013
AS I KNOW LONDON I WAS DRAWN TO THE TITLE SO THE WRITER CERTAINLY HELD MY INTEREST. IT IS WELL WRITTEN AND CERTAINLY FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS LONDON AND WHO TRAVELS IN THE TUBE!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 29 May 2013
I absolutely loved this book and found it difficult to put down. I could not wait to read book 2 which I am halfway through. Again excellent read difficult to stop reading,but not wanting it to end. The book is written in an easy to follow format. I usually know from the beginning of a book if it is for me. As a Londoner I loved the fact the book it is set in and around London. I shall be reading other books by this author and feel sure they will just as good. I recommend this book which will not disappoint.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›