Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.32

This tale pretty much had it all - a great storyline/great leads/lots of hot sexy, and pretty equal sex, at that, despite one being a dom and the other happy to allow that/some heartache/some misunderstandings/some almost betrayal/a lack of trust, but once all came out in the open, I knew that these leads would end up lasting the distance.

The tale is one where undercover warrior meets undercover warrior, recognising the protector in each other, though nothing is openly admitted, which leads to some assumptions on both parts, and some sex that was almost a bit of a peeing contest, LOL!. The 'loss' of one lead was well done, and I thought that the fiction was well-maintained, though a little more anger, explanations and make-up sex wouldn't have gone amiss when the truth came out.

I liked that these leads were mature enough to be able to put aside differences when things were on the line, and that their actions proved their decency and loyalty, even if their lack of frank discussions - both deliberate and due to confidentiality - created problems for them. I liked that they 'broke up' more than once, and that their eventual coming together was emotional, felt heartfelt and left me feeling that these leads were in it for the long-term. To hear such hardened guys admit to tender feelings, was romantic, but in a totally non-soppy way. Kudos to the author for how she wrote these guys, who are perhaps the most likable pairing of the series so far.

Ebook courtesy of Samhain, in return for an honest review.
on 21 May 2015
The usual SE Jakes irresistible super alpha ex military males - likeable, honourable, tough, scorching , good story but who cares;it's the loving that enthralls the reader every time.
on 11 December 2013
This was the best in the series so far. Plenty of action and the story took a few unexpected turns. Will be watching out for more.
on 24 March 2013
I have read the whole series and would highly reccomend both the series and author. I look forward to more.
on 4 December 2012
I liked this book, it was soft bondage, different for other books in the genre as it was like I said much softer, predictable story, man with subby tendencies loses long term partner and goes searching for that missing something in his life. He of course finds it and you meet friends along the way and so can write another couple of books. This was the best of the three I have read and I think the author should have stopped here.