5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd replacement battery & works great!
There seem to be some mixed reviews for these replacement batteries, so I thought I'd add my own.

Published 22 months ago by Karl Proctor

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a brand new genuine one from HTC instead
Published 15 months ago by Jamie Pankhurst

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd replacement battery & works great!, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)

I am now on my 3rd replacement battery, and have had no problems with these at all. I ordered my 1st replacement battery when I first bought my Desire, and happily used it for 2.5 years before rather carelessly washing it with my laundry! Even after 2.5 years, I still got a full working days charge (~9am to midnight) when using it for music around 4 hours per day, or around 36 hours when not listening to music. This is the same performance as the original battery that came with the Desire. My 2nd replacement battery was ordered to replace this laundered one.

I recently ordered my 3rd battery as the original Desire battery is showing signs of age after 3 years of constant use. This third battery is only a few days old, so I'm not going to comment more on it. However, the second replacement ordered around 4 months ago works fine. For the first few weeks the charge was not as good as my 2+ year old batteries, but that is to be expected as the battery needs to be conditioned by using it such that it goes FULL -> EMPTY -> FULL. After about 4 or so weeks, the battery worked fine, and I am now getting performance that is better than the older battery. On average, even with music for 4 hours per day, I just about manage ~30 hours of battery life. However, with internet use, or email push or send, or with wifi on, the battery life will shorten, that is the same for any battery on any device, so if you are a heavy internet user (which I'm not) and the battery life isn't good, don't blame the battery. Internet access will quickly drain your battery.

So, in my opinion, these batteries are genuine, and even if not, the performance is **as good as genuine batteries** which is one of the most important things.

oh, and I've noticed that the 'part number (p/n)' on the back of the battery varies. My original desire was 35H00132-05M, my 1st replacement was 35H00132-06M, and my two more recent replacements have been 35H00132-13M and 35H00132-14M respectively, and there is no difference between any them in terms of performance or of fit into the phone. Even though this product is sold as 35H00132-05M, I was sent different p/n each time, but this has not been a problem.

Hopefully this has proven useful to those of you sitting on the fence about these replacement batteries.

-Karl

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a brand new genuine one from HTC instead, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
I stupidly bought this without reading the reviews so took a big chance. I was trying to replace the original battery on my Desire which now only holds charge for about a day before needing to be charged again. When the battery came through it was in a plastic bag sealed with a bit of sellotape inside a slide-open HTC blister packet so could quite easily have been a second hand battery re-packaged. When I put it in the phone in was already half charged (if a genuine new battery it would have been empty and would have needed fully charging to begin with). Over the next couple of days it became obvious this battery was no better than the old one, in fact it holds charge even less, needing charging every day. Some of the other reviewers suggested flattining it then charging it fully but this hasn't made a bit of difference.

The seller offered me a refund of half the price (*if* I removed my average feedback, slightly dodgy there...), saying the problem was probably because of the "long transit", but I'm still £2.50 out of pocket and now need to go and buy a genuine battery from the HTC website for £32.

To other buyers, I would avoid these batteries. They are obviously re-packaged second hand ones so it's a gamble as to whether you get a fairly new one that holds charge properly or like me get a complete dud. I gave it two stars because it does actually work, but leaves you having to spend at least two hours every day charging it!

1.0 out of 5 stars HTC Battery, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
I just could not get this battery to work in my new phone. I ended up having to buy a new one direct from HTC. Very disappointed, I was sent two batteries, neither worked, so had to return them to supplier. I had my money refunded for the batteries but did not get my postage back!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot fault, 9 July 2012
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
This replacement battery is exactly as described and has solved my power loss problems. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs a new battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this reseller, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
I ordered a battery for my HTC Desire. The battery was described as 100% genuine which it was, what it did not say was that this was a second hand battery take from an old phone.
I noticed that the contacts on the battery had signs of wear on them and when I confronted the seller he admitted it was a second hand battery but that it was better than a brand new one!!
He offered a refund if I paid for the item to be shipped back to him. Because of the cost and effort to do this I took the hit and have kept the battery.
Blatant mis-selling from this seller please avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery doesn't work and is not even a genuine battery, 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
I bought 2 batteries and both of them don't work. I put both of them in my phone to charge. First, the light at the top of the phone was blinking in orange and green. After a wile only the orange light was on, like when the phone is charging.

After 2h and 3h charging respectively for each battery, the phone didn't want to start. This batteries are also not genuine as they are slightly bigger (~ 0.5mm), so putting them in the phone requires a bit more pressure compared to the one that come with the phone, which falls in place without problem. There are other slight differences like the text on the back of the battery is stretched a bit and icons are slightly different.

I would not recommend this batteries because they are not what this seller says they are. You can find other fake batteries for this phone that are cheaper and actually work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
My old battery was on it's last legs and drained it's charge within an hour. This replacement has been brilliant and was a good price. I've had it for over a month now and still works perfectly. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
Arrived quickly. Product works. Relief to not have 'phone frequently closing down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: HTC BAS410 1400 mAh Battery for HTC Desire (Accessory)
Works well. Charges readily and holds that charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014