on 10 July 2013
Well what can I say. The book is nothing more than a small collection of gcode examples, and I mean small. The author (who apparently has 17 years of cam software experience) makes no mention of climb or or conventional cutting techniques There is nothing about feeds and speeds or to be honest anything that can't be found after a two minute search on the internet. I was hoping after the authors boast re his experience that there would be some pearls of wisdom that justified the purchase price. Sadly not!
on 19 June 2012
I purchased this to assist me with a decision on my recent career change and I'm very glad that I did. I re read parts of it before an interview and I think it really helped to be clued up! I'm now a CNC programmer and I understand programming so much better since this purchase. It's also great value for money as other books on the subject seem to retail for more like $40 Its a career with great potential and I'm sure it would surprise most people how many machines they use on a daily basis that are produced by CNC machinery! This book is clearly written by an expert and I can honestly say I've benefited from reading it for sure. I'd recommend to anyone thinking of a career as a CNC machinist, CAM programmer or machine operator.
on 22 June 2015