I tried to find an 'original' iphone 4 case on the www but they don't seem to exist. I would have paid anything, within reason, that Apple told me to!

Then I saw this Juppa case on Amazon (along with hundreds of others). I am very happy to add to the positive reviews because this case is more than I expected. It fits perfectly and feels like a very high quality and expensive item. I almost didn't buy it because there weren't enough pictures - glad I did though. Have a look at some pictures I took and decide for yourself.
review image review image review image review image
on 10 April 2012
Fantastic slim fit case that does not bulk up my iphone 4s. It looks good and has a nice texture to it, making it feel secure in your grip. Overall, a brilliant case!
on 27 May 2013
I was sick of the rubber case on my iPhone adding bulk and really struggled to find a plain black hard case.
This fits the bill as it holds the phone snugly with a soft lining and protects the phone well without the top and bottom large cut outs of other cases that I dislike. It also protrudes very slightly on the front edge to prevent the screen from becoming damaged if dropped face down.
All buttons work fine through the case, you may just have to press a little harder than without the case.
Having had the case fitted a few weeks, I have noticed that some of the matt finish has rubbed off on the face edge of the case, probably where I stuff it in my back pocket. This has exposed the shiny black surface underneath.
To be honest though, it doesn't really detract from the overall effect of the case and at under a fiver, I might just replace it if it gets too bad.
Would have been 5* except for the finish rubbing off.
on 19 February 2013
It's ironic that since I purchased this case I haven't dropped my iPhone but I guess that means it does what it's supposed to do! Love it
on 23 April 2013
This case blows all other cases out the water!!

It's perfect...

And here is why...

I love the graphite texture on the case - so when you hold it, it doesn't slip out your hand.

I love how its very streamline and not bulky like other cases, yet it still has the right amount of depth on the front part, so if you dropped your phone your screen would be protected.

I love how the case accommodates the i-phone's buttons & power socket - very well designed.

In total I recommend this case...and this is coming from someone who has had their fair share of cases in the past!
on 5 February 2013
As described, quick service...had a fall with the case on my phone, and it really did save it. Brillient case.
on 25 July 2014
I bought this case it 2012 and gave it a lot of rough work. It got dropped, thrown across the room and scratched but it survived it all! My phone is constantly in and out of my pocket....I really don't give it the care it needs. But the case makes up for my lack of care! Also due to the slight lip over the front of the phone the screen does not get scratched on surfaces when placed face down.

Gradually the graphite effect began to deteriorate but not very quickly. The abuse I gave it caused small bits to break off over the years but it still kept hold of my precious phone! I Have just lost my phone but have just ordered a new case to go with the replacement phone!!

Defiantly worth a buy if you want something that won't bulk up your phone but will protect it. 5 stars defiantly!
on 13 December 2014
The case protects my iPhone 4S very well, although when not with the phone inside it seems to be flimsy, but with the phone inside it seems much more robust.
If it feels like it is going to fall apart when you take it out of the packet, don't worry as long as your phone is in it it will last
review image review image review image review image review image
on 5 October 2014
I've had this for a few months now. It's quite heavy duty and definitely protects the phone well, with reinforced sides. I particularly like the slight overlap around the edges so that, if face down, the screen is protected. However, the plastic surround over the volume control never fitted quite right, bulging out slightly. And sure enough a few weeks ago it snagged in my pocket and I had to cut part of it away. The plastic has also started to chip off slightly on one corner. The textured surface has now pretty much worn away as well. Overall it's decent, and has certainly saved my phone in a few falls, but it's looking like the lifespan for me will be about 6 months, after which it will be too shabby and need replaced.
on 8 May 2015
After putting up with the nuisances of the chunky but very protective Griffin Survivor for over two years (having to open a flap everytime you wish to use the camera is more than just inconvenient), I decided to go for something a bit more streamlined. My phone is getting old now and I figured I didn't need to baby it so much, so I gave the Juppa a try.

I'm very glad I did! It fits well, and it's relatively low profile doesn't add much bulk considering the protection it provides. Aesthetically it's much nicer than my previous case- a rather nice shade of black, that would complement either the white or black iPhone well. If you're after a bright and bold case you could always accessorise with stickers. It's not too heavy either, and access to the headphone jack, camera and data connector are open. Obviously this means dust or water can more easily penetrate, a minor issue for most the time, and worth it for the added convenience of this case. Another minor quibble is that you will have to remove the case to put the iPhone on a speaker dock, not something I do that often but it is a bit of a faff considering how tightly the case fits!

Now the protection I can certainly vouch for. Yesterday whilst driving to a MTB trail centre I noticed a loud knock and in the rear view mirror noticed something black and white bouncing off my bike (which was mounted on a tow bar rack). Sure enough, I had been an idiot and somehow managed to leave my phone on the roof before setting off. But unlike the time I did this with my wallet, the Juppa case is clearly very grippy and clung to the roof like a monkey to a tree, until a dip in the road sent it free.

After donning my high vis vest and setting up a warning triangle (taking a quick glance) I walked back up the road to find the case, still cradling the phone. I was honestly shocked to find that the phone was not damaged at all from a fall at around 40mph, not even a scratch on the screen- the raised bumper clearly doing its job. Even more surprising was the state of the case. I really wasn't expecting it to come away from its fight with the road with just a few mere surface wounds: a few cosmetic scratches and a small part of the outer material by the volume control has snapped off, but this doesn't affect the function of the case.

Given the relatively low price, I'd say this represents great value for money. For around the same price you could buy other cases that probably wouldn't be as protective in a fall, but might be more fashionable so to speak. If you're after a practical but protective case, and don't use a dock regularly then this is a winner.