5.0 out of 5 stars Big step up, 5 Aug. 2013
I have had this fantastic little camera for about 6 months now, and it is phenomenal. All my previous cameras have been compact and bridge cameras and I can tell you it is a big step up in picture quality. I just love this camera it makes me feel like I want to get out and take pictures every opportunity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little camera with better quality then heavy DSLRs, 22 Mar. 2013
One question first PANASONIC why on earth you have released cameras with similar names G5 GH5 GF5. I actually read G5 reviews and ended up buying GF5 by mistake and was really pissed of at Panasonic for having similar names. Anyway after using the camera which has the same lens as G5 I am very very happy. This camera offers flexibility and quality plus creativity for those moments when you dont have to time to adjust shutter speeds and ISOs etc. The quality is amazing at night even hand held shots came out clear and very crisp.

Recommended for new photographers and travellers needing something compact but dont want to compromise on quality or functionality.

I love the miniature fast mode video recording and the fact that any still photo effect can be used for video as well. The only thing I have is the lens its plasticky and the zoom is not smooth on it. So if you are looking for a camera for video please buy this one but with the compact motorised zoom lens. But hey you can also get a lens conversion ring to fit on it for using your Canon or Nikkon lenses as well.

PANASONIC please be a bit more market savvy and wise to use different names for your similar products its very annoying and time consuming to find out what the actual difference is in quality and specs. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 7 Aug. 2013
Well made but I would have been happier with something a little less complicated.
The instruction manual is very cheap for something so expensive and I am still rather bemused. I feel as though I should be able to get classes on how to use it included in the price.