Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2012
I think this album is superb. If you're new to Marconi union, this is as good a place as any to start, every album they do is accessible.
If I were to try to describe the stylings to a MU inquisitor, I would say imagine pink floyd without the rock and lyrical elements, like the long intro and outro of "shine on you crazy diamond" then when you sit and properly listen, (preferably through headphones) you get to hear all the intricities of the compositions. That's not to say that the use of rhythm and gentle drums aren't included, they are but they don't intrude on a relaxing experience.
What I like in an ambient album is to be able to put it on and not be shocked by a loud track in the middle, people listen to ambient for four reasons, to put on in the background, to listen to properly, to relax generally and to help you sleep, MU albums do all four for me (with the exception of their Glassworks EP, though I would still recommend it)
If you like ambient or any of the variants there of, or would just like to relax, then buy this album.

Ps. With this album came a link to a free MU album (don't think that offers still on) but I had problems getting it, so I mailed MU through their website to say about the problems I was having, and one of the artists of MU (Richard Talbot) emailed me back personally and sorted the problem. Now there's customer service!
on 21 August 2012
Even better than 2011's Beautifully Falling Apart, this album takes Marconi Union into a deeper and more interesting direction. I'm sitting here in a darkened room with just the dull glow of an orange lamp and the sound of a decent hi-fi system. You don't have to listen to Marconi Union loud because the mix has been impeccably put together.

Buy this album, put it on, sit back, let your eye be single, and cast your net to the right.
on 20 July 2013
read a lot of reviews on this group before deciding to buy,well worth the pennies, glad to add to my collection
on 17 November 2012
fantastic cd awesome album love these guys they make some great music the service was great would recommond you to my friends.