5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of gloves for the best price in the UK.
Published on 4 Nov 2011 by dlawry

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad discription
The gloves were poor quality they'll last 3 months and they don't feel like 12oz the discription is wrong they feel like plastic
Published 5 months ago by Snipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of gloves for the best price in the UK., 4 Nov 2011
I purchased a 16oz pair of these gloves over 2 months ago and am very happy with them - so much better than the free set that came with my punchbag! The gloves were advertised on Amazon by PureFitness & Sports as costing just under 40 (by far the best price I could find in the UK) but, when I went to complete my purchase, I was going to be charged 40 for delivery! I then phoned PureFitness and the man I got was really helpful - he apologised for their delivery charge on Amazon, and then directed me to their ebay store where delivery was free. He was also able to personally recommend the gloves which was good to hear. It's incredible when training how quickly the gloves suddenly seem really heavy, but that's my problem - not theirs! I don't have much experience to go by but, from what I do know, I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a pair of synthetic training gloves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look good and offer good protection!, 29 Sep 2011
I bought these 14oz gloves to replace my older heavy bag gloves. I have to say I'm impressed.

They look the part (if thats what your interested in!), and more importnatly they feel very secure, the overall feeling of protection they give you far surpasses any gloves I've had before. And for the price [] you can't really go worng. Seeing as you can easily pay over 100+ for top quality bag gloves.

I feel comfortable using full power on the bag without any worries about hurting my hands/wrists. The gloves take away the impact and I've not had any injuries after approx 4-5 hours of use.

The desgin also allows for air to get inside the gloves and allows for less sweaty hands which is also a bonus, just remember to air them out after use and they won't smell too bad hopefully! Currently, mine are still smelling fresh witch bodes well for the design.

I will advise though that I couldn't pick a size and these do feel a little large on the hands. To solve this I used gel hand wraps and simply also added my normal wraps over the top. That gives we a perfect snug fit on my hands. I'm a 6 foot guy with normal/small ish hands. Not XXL!

Overall a very good set of gloves 8/10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for training, 21 Feb 2012
I got these gloves for free however I feel they are well worth the money. I've now started using 12oz gloves, however the time I spent using these I enjoyed they just aren't the right size for me. Good comfort/protection, good quality material, they look better in reality then in the picture also ... a lot better. All round good glove for training if you wear 14oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice cheap glove for training, 20 Aug 2011
R. O. Hart "The Hooligan" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
UPDATED INFO - It is worth me mentioning that since my review this product has been altered by Amazon. It was originally the Protex 2 glove on here which is what my review is written for. Thanks.

The gloves are pretty cheap considering they have the 'brand name' on them. I was sceptical of what their quality would be based on this. However im very impressed with them so far. They have a very nice feel to them once they've worn in after your 1st few sessions. In my opinion these are the perfect gloves for somone not looking to break the bank. I got 14oz for bag work and they protect my hands exceptionally well. You can barely tell you're wearing them which makes a change to having an uncomfrotable glove on like my last pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves for punching bag, 2 Mar 2014
I bought this gloves as the previous I had where damaging my knuckles as the padding was not enough.
These gloves are way more firm and there is a good grip.
You still need your handwraps!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad discription, 23 Jan 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Everlast Men's Boxing Sparring Glove (Sports Apparel)
If you're a beginner looking for some gloves that are ok for (th 16oz) light sparring then these gloves might be for you. They look nice and are quite big so that you can nicely hide behind them. The wrist padding is sufficient to protect the wrists from hits, but isn't really supporting.

If you're doing something else than sparring, e.g. training on the heavy bag or hitting the mitts, then I'd recommend spending the extra couple of pounds and getting pair of protex2 instead. The price difference is roughly about 10 pounds, but the difference in feel is worth much more than 10 pounds. Your hands will thank you later... I found these gloves to be quite big and definitely not good for bag work or mittwork. Because they're quite big they also forced me to hit the mitts in position that I didn't feel comfortable.
The padding, I found, goes flat quite easily (especially on the knuckle area) and the stitching is poor quality. On my pair the velcro straps came loose after a couple of weeks. These gloves also aren't very tight on the wrists so additional support from hadnwraps is definitely needed. Basically the durability of these gloves isn't very good. If you train more than ones a week choose another pair.
So for these reasons I'd only give these gloves 2 stars max.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok quality for its money, 18 Mar 2013
Comapared to the protex 2 the quality is not as good, the price is a bit cheaper though. It is OK for the first pair of gloves

Everlast Men's Boxing Sparring Glove