5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly silent (at full speed). Shifts lots of air.
Unlike most people buying these fans I did not fit them into the side panel of a computer (PC) case, I fitted them to the back wall of a cupboard in which is housed my server and router.

So I cut out the required holes (top and bottom) into the back (hardboard) wall and fitted the fans - and the temperature has never been so cool inside that cupboard...
Published on 15 Aug 2012 by Ralph Bacon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, very quiet and moves a lot of ...
Published 7 days ago by Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly silent (at full speed). Shifts lots of air., 15 Aug 2012
Ralph Bacon "Aresby" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Corsair CO-9050009-WW Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 140mm Low Noise High Airflow Fan Single Pack (Personal Computers)

Corsair supply 3 different colour rings (red, white, blue - how Olympian) and a small cable extender that reduces the speed of the fan to about half (I guess) thus reducing any "noise" even further. When using the speed-reducing cable attachment they really are silent but still shift an amazing amount of air.

At full speed they run at around 1,000 rpm and are very nearly silent (if you put your ear within 30cm of the fan you can hear a gentle whirring although that may just be the air movement). Due to the large 140mm size they can shift large amounts of (warm) air out of your PC case (or cupboard) thus keeping things cool and quiet.

I would have liked the cable to have been longer (or an extension cable included) but that's because I wasn't fitting them inside a relatively small PC case so no points deducted.

They certainly do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet and decent air flow, 28 May 2012
I bought 3 of these fans a few days ago to go in my Corsair 500R case along with 2 Corsair SP120 fans for my heatsink. I must say the AF140 fans are incredibly quiet and move a decent amount of air. They look really good, I would love for Corsair to introduce some LED fans to go in the front of my case but these will do for the moment. If you are looking for some very quiet, good looking 140mm fans these will definitely be suitable. I never have any doubt when Corsair release a product that it will be top notch! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Dec 2012
Mr. L. Sadler (Coundon, UK) - See all my reviews
Length:: 4:26 Mins

Well, I couldn't be happier with these. I bought 4 for my gaming tower and they're perfect.

I'm not usually a gimmick sort of person, but the choice in ring colours is pretty cool. I have a black case, and opted for the white rings for contrast. Also my case came with built in LED fans on the front panel that can be turned on with button. These are white LEDs, so I thought 'what the hell - white it is'.

With 2 on the side panel and 2 on the top panel (in, exhaust respectively) the airflow is now amazing. Let me put it this way - I blew a candle out over 1.5 meters away and the smoke went straight across the desk and into the fans.

I have these 4 fans connected up to a front-panel-controller and are almost always set to full speed (1150 RPM) and I barely even notice it. Saying that, there are a total of 12 fans on this computer, so I couldn't say how much of then noise was caused by these fans. They're said to be 24dBa which is nothing...
I will be uploading a video review to show the setup and the lack of noise. Check it out.

I must comment on the price though. £10 does seem like a lot, and especially when you're buying 4 of them. But I don't regret it one bit.

In closing, should you buy these? If you're willing to spend a bit more cash on your computer and want a fan that actually moves air without the experience of standing next to 747 taking off, then this is perfect. Buy buy buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing air flow!, 24 Feb 2013
TotallydubbedHD "Tech Reviewer" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
These babies are amazing!
They provide high air flow in/out of your case, and still remain super silent whilst doing so.
I run mine between 700-1000 RPM, and I can't even hear them, unless I put my ear right next to it.

In the package you'll receive:
-Fan
-3 rings (red, blue and white)
-Four Black screws
-A 12v-7V step down reducer

Overall, these fans are definitely worth it, and much better than my Fractal Fans that came with my Define R4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fan, 30 July 2012
Shifts the air out of the top of my case well enough and without excessive noise. Stops the graphics card fan getting over-excited, so am satisfied with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition, 18 Jan 2014
Its almost silent, very good fan! I recommend it to anyone who has room for a 140mm fan in their case!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's oh so quiet.., 27 Nov 2014
Shh... Shh...

It really is quiet though. It provides a lot of air flow and has a voltage reduction cable included, should you wish to make it even quieter. As a general intake fan, it's fantastic. As a radiator fan, I can't say that the static pressure offered here would be too great, compared to others.

The coloured rings are a nice little edition but they do take a little bit of force to get off. I thought I was going to break it at one point but it managed to stay in one piece. I do wish it was 4 pin with PWM but then I suppose it would be a little bit more expensive. Either way, it does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great fan, very quiet and moves a lot of ..., 13 Dec 2014
Great fan, very quiet and moves a lot of air. Its only downsides are the short cables Corsair supply as standard with all their fans (about 6 inches) and the poorly designed rubber vibration mounts. Be sure to place a small quantity of rubber friendly grease in the screw hole first if you ever wish to remove the fan after installation. If not you may find that the process leads to the entire rubber grommet being torn off. Two stars knocked off as I don't like having to perform extra DIY steps to correct design flaws.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant., 7 Nov 2014
You have to create your own screw-hole in the rubber wedges and this can easily go wring, One of the screws did not go into to rubber properly and will now not tighten, but will not unscrew out either and is stuck there, because of this the fan sometimes makes a horrible rattling noise and needs a bash or two to stop the noise. Expected better from such a make.

5.0 out of 5 stars corsair AF140mm, 24 July 2014
got this for my zalman case as an bottom intake with the separate rubber mounts this fan seem to be fairly quiet and there is a noticeable drop in temps it even comes with a 3 pin under volt thing to lower the rpm if u want all in all am happy with the fan i also have the SP120 and AF 120 and AF 140mm blue fans on my case all in all not to bad