5.0 out of 5 stars Look what you've gone and started.
A collection of a great songs, and well collected they are. The record has variety you'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else. Matt Sellors's vocals are not dissimilar to Caleb Followill's, and you'll hear him use it every which way he can, stretching it to a slow croon or bellowing triumphantly.

If you want to dance, close your eyes and try tracks 3 or 9...
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by Mrt N. J. Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album
Good album, not my normal type of listening but extremely well produced. Interesting lead vocals, lovely CD set, good design, cover, etc
Published on 4 Feb. 2013 by Jennifer Walter

5.0 out of 5 stars They just keep getting better!, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Desperation State (Audio CD)
Yes Sir Boss! are going from strength to strength. Desperation State is an amazing album. Matts voice sounds SOOOO good and I love the brass sounds, and the drums, and the guitars - infact - I think the whole thing's just incredible. I've currently got 'Never Know' as my ringtone, but will be changing it to 'Till You Get Yours' now I've heard this. All the songs are brilliant on this album - some well known ones, some new.

Like the previous reviewer, I have been following YSB! for about 18 months now, and they are fantastic live and such genuine and fun lads and lady that clearly love what they are doing - which shows through their music and performance and even the art on the album sleeve.

I couldn't wait for this album, (pre-ordered of course!) and am looking forward to seeing them in Exeter in December.

Well done YSB! See you soon x

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes Sir Boss! This will lift your soul and move your feet., 23 Oct. 2012
John Duffey (Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desperation State (Audio CD)
I have been following Yes Sir Boss for the last 12 to 18 months after stumbling across them playing a small gig in Leeds. I have been fortunate enough to catch them 3 times now, picking up a couple of sample CD/EPs along the way. I was instantly hooked by their charisma and energising music and now my children (8, 5 & 3) dance to their songs around my house.

I struggle to describe them to my friends with the right words to do them justice - flowing talent, well crafted songs put together in a sort of Mexican/Ska/Soul/Funk/Rock sort of way. Even that doesn't sound right - they can't be pigeon-holed or compared to anything else I have heard. It's essentially guitar based music (over an often stomping/foot tapping beat) with a strong infusion of horns, coated with very strong and distinctive vocals. Plenty of hooks to keep you humming the songs long after they have finished.

This album has been long anticipated by me and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are songs on there that I haven't heard them play at gigs. I was sort of expecting a studio version of the live show but it goes a lot deeper than that. I've only given it one spin so far but I am mightily impressed.

These guys are extremely hard working and I hope they get some recognition and payback for their efforts - this is talent that I want to see on stage again and again, and of course I want more albums down the line! They seem to be on a never-ending tour of the UK so try and catch them at a local venue soon and check them out for yourselves (but be prepared - unless you stand right at the back you will be caught up in the enthusiastic crowd - you get pulled in by the energy produced by these guys when they are in full swing!)

Marvellous stuff.

Desperation State EP
Desperation State EP by Yes Sir Boss (Audio CD - 2012)