on 4 January 2012
After two winters use I have found this Dri-Buddy such a joy to use. I simply do not understand the bad reviews.
I notice most people on here who write bad reviews have only used it for a limited time (sometimes once!) and expect a tumble dryer type experience. It is not a tumble dryer - it is a heated clothes horse.

What I love...
It dries clothes in around three hours if not overloaded. Compare that to at least 24 hrs on a clothes horse.
No more clothes hanging around the house (raditaors, clothes horse, tops of doors)for days on end - which I hate!!
If you are lazy like me, you can simply take the whole garment and hanger off and hang straight in wardrobe - no need to iron! Wahoo!
It warms the room it dries clothes in - my cat loves it and lies very close to it's warmth.
How small it packs away to.
How easy it is to assemble.
The nice smell it produces from the fabric conditoner being gently warmed.

What I dislike...
The noise, but only if on at night time. It is actualy very quiet but I like silence at night.

What I don't understand others saying.....
I have never ever had plastic coat hangers melt, Really? - or are they very cheap ones? Or are we talking about the cheap ones with soft plastic grips and it is the grips that perhaps melt? If they melted wouldnt synthetic fabrics be destroyed too? It is a gentle heat.
I have never had trouble with condensation - but then my old cottage is well venteliated!
Doesn't dry clothes? Dont overload or have garments touching each other. Jeans and towels will take ages to be bone dry - just like in a tumble dryer - but still not days as it would do in the winter if hung around the house.

My advice is practice with it and you will be thrilled.

I do hope this helps.
33 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2016
I never ever review items but I felt I had to. I have a tumble dryer which I find horribly inefficient but use constantly. But I also have a lot of items that are not meant to go in the dryer, that end up hanging around the house for days drying. Not anymore! This heated airer has revolutionised my drying. Way better than the airers that you lay things on to dry, with this you pop everything on a hanger, hang it within the cover, set the timer on and hey presto it's done. With everything still smelling fresh. I love it, I love it, I love it!
on 20 October 2015
Having read some of the reviews I was slightly apprehensive about buying this. However, I decided to go ahead and decide for myself - very pleasantly suprised!

First of all it is not a tumble drier, so don't expect it to be. Its more like a heated clothes horse. I bought some cheap plastic hangers from B&M to use inside it which work well (and don't melt, which I was worried about!). Also its not as noisy as I thought it would be, its like a low hum which is tolerable.

Out of a medium sized wash (t-shirts, leggings, nurse tunic and trousers, husbands work combat trousers and polo shirts, some socks, bras and pants). I hung all the items of clothing the way I would if I was hanging them in the wardrobe (used pegs on a hanger for the underwear stuff) and set the timer to 90 minutes while I put bedding in the wash next. Once the 90 minutes was up I checked the clothes, I'd say they were about 75% dry (sleeves still abit damp, waistband and crotch of trousers still damp) so I gave them another 30 minues. After the final 30 minutes they were all dry and ready to be taken out. I then proceeded to fold the bedding (double sheets with 4 pillow cases) on to the hangers to put in next, gave them 120 minutes and turned them round in the hanger halfway through to make sure they dried all the way through because they were folded. Worked really well!

Next up was towels, put them in for 120 minutes (2 hand towels and 2 large sized towels) again folding them on the hangers and turning them halfway through to make sure they dried all the way through. Had to give them an extra 30 minutes before they were completley dry,

Also because the clothes are hung neatly on a hanger they are less creased - making ironing easier!

Its a fantastic thing and I'm so pleased with it, can't believe I didn't get one before now! My house is tidier as a result because there isn't any washing drying on radiators and a clothes horse for days on end! I also bought a large plastic storage box with a lid to keep it in, so it gets dismantled after use and put away in the cupboard under the stairs, instead of keeping it out all the time.

I haven't tried jeans or jumpers yet, but with everything I've used it for so far I've realised the less you overload it the quicker things dry.
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
We are a family of four with two dogs so the amount of washing we produce is unreal.

We have a condenser dryer already, which has not been in use for over a year due to the increase in electricity, resulting in a cost of £5 per day to dry clothes! We chose to buy airers and dry the clothes on these as a cost effective way of saving ouselves a fortune! As I'm sure you are already aware, the look of a Chinese laundrette, the 36 hr drying time and the damp dog smell that the airer offers are not ideal.

On discovering this genius little contraption I could't wait to get it. Infact it took me 1 day to see it, review the reviews and decide on buying it. And I certainly wasn't disappointed.

Advantages :- it dries all items of clothing, even wool items, all of which need a little sensible time adjustments. If it is a light or little item it will dry within an hour to an hour and a half, men's t-shirts and thicker items will take the full 3hr timer to dry whereas your thickest or largest items like denims, towels and onesies will need 4hrs to be bone dry.

It generates the same heat in the room as a 2kw fan heater and is fresher and more fragrant than my expensive Yankee candles!!

We have this on a timer for 4am, so that when the kids rise at 7am the room is warm, smells wonderful and my clothes are all dry and ready to go.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION....this item for a 3hr drying circuit costs 70p on electricity in comparison to £5 for the condenser dryer!

Disadvantages:- if you are turning this on before going to work, the items may not be fully dry on your arrival home due to different sizes needing longer than the 3hr dry, so this would be best used whilst at home, or indeed on a timer for your arrival home so that wet items are not left in the tent, I imagine that if wet items remained in the tent for longer than a few hours condensation would be possible, which could result in the motor malfunctioning.

I saw one review in where it said it created mould on clothing.... Mould is only possible when wet comes into contact with cold air for a long period of time. So unless you plan on hanging wet clothes on this and going on holiday for two weeks, I doubt anyone will experience this!

If you are swaying over buying this item, I say, sway no more! This is wonderful in everyway, and can be placed anywhere, so if the look doesn't appeal to you you can hide it in some little corner. I use mine during the late morning and put it away first thing, so it's look is not the most important to me.

Save electricity, save the need to use a heater to take the chill off the frosty mornings, save on Yankee candles and simply buy one of theses!!

Buddi genius.
33 comments| 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 August 2012
We've had our Dri Buddy for almost a week. I almost gave this a 3 star due to how fiddly it is to use. On top of needing a good system for getting wet clothes out the washing machine, onto hangers, get the hangers on the Dri Buddy, and then the covering around, there are a few complications along the way. You're recommended to use plastic hangers but the plastic hangers we have (of different styles and sizes) are too large for the notches where they're meant to hook on, so the hangers have a tendency to slip. This is exacerbated by the process of trying to get the cover around without knocking hangers down.

That said, I currently have a washer/dryer combo unit and the Dri Buddy is quieter, quicker, and more effective that it. I anticipate using the Dri Buddy for a long while.

To the manufacturer, I think it would be a better tool if the arms were lengthened and the hanger grooves deepened.
11 comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2011
I've now had my Dri Buddi up and running for a month, so feel I am finally able to give it a proper review for those who might be looking to purchase one.

I live in a very small flat with no central heating. I have little to dry clothes in the winter, no radiators to hang washing on, and no space for a tumble drier. In these circumstances I have found the Dri Buddi to be an almost ideal solution.

Positives: It doesn't take up much room and dries clothes in a couple of hours (longer for jeans and thicker wool jumper), I can also dry items I would not be able to dry in a tumble drier. Towels come out slightly more fluffy than having just been left on a standard airier. It makes the place smell good with the fragrance of the fabric conditioner. It warms the flat.

Negatives: Whilst it doesn't sound that bad, you don't want it in the same room as you for long. It produces a lot of condensation in to the air so is best used in a bathroom (or somewhere like that) with a window open and door shut. You cannot and should not put as many clothes in as are indicated by the slots available - hangers just don't fit that close together and it will take far too long to dry, however 9 garments fit well and dry within a couple of hours, and that is really all that should be in your machine anyway so it will wash them properly!!

Overall I would highly recommend the Dri Buddi to anyone in a similar situation as me. However if you have space for a tumble drier this is NOT a replacement and I would recommend you buy one of those instead. Likewise if you have central heating and are able to hang clothing on or near radiators during the winter, I would recommend sticking to that. For a niche market though it's great!
33 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2016
This has limited use as an extra means of drying clothes in winter. We tried it first time with a full washing machine load. Although we got all the clothes in,(no bedding), we found that they were very close together, as the only means of support are clothes hangers that you hang on the spokes sticking out. We had 3 pairs of jeans in the wash which we hung on hangers from the belt loops, these were a bit to long for the dri Buddi, so the bottoms were resting on the bottom of the cover. After 3 hours the clothes were not dry at all, some of the lighter things like shirts were improved, but it was evident that the air was not able to get between the clothes properly.
We therefore took enough clothes out to create some space, and that improved things.
We tried 3 shirts on a later wash and they dried in 20 minutes, so its a case of using it with some discretion. Bedding would be a problem as it would have to be hung on hangers somehow, and without folding I think this would be impractical.
on 9 December 2015
Delivered in good time, easy to put together, a little larger that first thought but works great, I regularly put 6-9 shirts plus some smalls in and it takes about 2 hours to dry. I'd recommend particularly if you have a spare room or utility in which to keep it.
on 3 January 2012

What I love...
How small it packs away to.
How easy it is to assemble.
The nice smell it produces from the fabric conditoner being gently warmed.

What I dislike...

What I don't understand others saying.....

My advice is practice with it and you will be thrilled.

I do hope this helps.

Please note that ! am reviewing here the JML blue cover 900w Dri Buddy. I have since been told the model under which this review is placed is not a geniune JML product.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 December 2011
This does what it says on the box but you have to use some common sense. If you stick a couple of pairs of dripping wet jeans into it then it is going to take hours to dry them. If however you stick some shirts in then it dry's them fairly quickly and without problem.

It is a little noisy but acceptable. Assembly is quick and straight forward. I keep mine part assembled and it only takes a few minutes to get drying. I live in a small flat and do not have room for a tumble drier, this is a reasonable alternative.