4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for leg pain and bad veins
Published 11 months ago by RainDrops

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing purchase, wouldn't recommended for sport.
Published 4 months ago by Oliver

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for leg pain and bad veins, 2 Oct 2013
I have had these before and they did the job nicely. I don't wear them for running or any sport, I use them to help with pains in my legs and varicose veins. I recently tried an expensive medical grade pair and didn't find them any better than these, and they were double the price. I wear these everyday and it helps reduce my leg pain, so I can keep stnading at the end of the day. They wash very well, keeping the graduated compression up the calf. Very comfortable and discret under tight trousers. Long too, so you don't have to over stretch them to reach under the knee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sock by (a thousand) miles!, 15 April 2013
Never found anything better than the 1000 mile socks for blister free running. These long ones are great for me as they avoid the tightness marks caused by short ones as I have quite big calfs but small feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compression sock and great value, 21 Jun 2013
Have run and cycled lots of miles in these so are washed very regularly ( I have only three pairs)- still good compression and have reduced my leg cramps particularly on long distances and post recovery too !!
They have been great buy - similar products on the market for 3-4 x the price and I have found them just as effective!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 20 Aug 2013
I am a big fan of 1000 Mile. These sock are good, they take a bit of getting used to getting them on. But great support and moisture transfer, very comfortable. I may order another pair in the smaller size, to push the tightness/support and see how that works. Looking at compression socks they range from 3 to 50. I dont do marathons, and I'd love to try the top range socks, but I just cannot bring myself to pay 40+ for socks. For me these are a good compromise. Happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably comfortable and they work., 26 Feb 2014
Had problem with swollen ankles on last holiday flight so bought these for our recent long haul flight to southern India. Found them remarkably comfortable and they worked. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan 2014
Arrived really quickly, great with the reinforced toes and heels as prevents blisters. Only reason I didn't giveaway five star is because they get baggy round the calf by the end of the day. I am a size 6 but I got the smaller product which is just right size wise. I think if I had got the medium it would have been two big. Excellent product for post exercise recovery and to reduce low blood pressure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing purchase, wouldn't recommended for sport., 8 April 2014
Oliver (Bridgetown, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Bought these socks as I only have 1 pair of compression socks and thought I could alternate, I get calf pain while running and the pair I have already give me support. I was disappointed with this pair, would expect more for the price. They are not tight enough on the calves so they fall down after a while. Not very long either. Wouldn't recommend them if you want them for running.

5.0 out of 5 stars very soft, really knee high, 19 Nov 2013
I found them really comfy. The cotton is soft, yet firm (I don't know the pressure mm/hg, perhaps 28 mm/hg). It's better than 100 Miles More as they are really knee high. I wear them all day long, as I tend to have swollen ankles if I don't. I go to the gym with them and do leg movements on the static bike and the leg machine and they are really comfortable. Highly recommended.
They are catalogued by size with a band of green, blue or yellow around the toe line. Left and right sock are shown clearly, it is fairly easy to pull them up little by little to put them on.
I found this trick to put some of the sock up to mid leg, then to go nearer the ankle and pull the sock to adjust it around the foot and heel; in that way they fit cosily. I had no problem with them staying up all day long. They are very pleasing in their two tones. (I'm hoping they would make some blue!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Aches & Pains have reduced using these, 30 Mar 2014
Bought these because I can be on my feet 12 hours a day during my shift walking miles in my boots. My aching legs have not been so bad and they are very comfortable. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars About to reorder, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: 1000 Mile Compression Tactel Sock (Sports Apparel)
Socks are excellent, my venous veins are much better by using these.
These are a job to put on but by having a strong additional pair of hands makes all the difference