on 4 April 2013
The English/Gaelic word list was confusing on kindle and didn't line up, but the book was entertaining nevertheless. I enjoyed the previous Hebradian Island books more, perhaps because I read them 20 years ago as a younger, more adventurous person who was longing to encounter the Gaelic culture.
on 26 June 2013
As yet I have not read this book on my Kindle, but many years ago I bought a paper-backed copy whilst on holiday on the Black Isle and enjoyed it. When I saw they were now issued on Kindle I decided to purchase the set and slowly reread them all.
on 11 July 2014
Another excellent relaxing read thanks to lillian beckwith. Shame about the dab spilling and typo's!! Nevertheless I will continue to replace my paperbacks with the kindle versions.
on 10 August 2013
As with the earlier books I enjoyed this a lot. The omission of the fifth star is a reaction to a lot of poorly spelled words, or wrong words, in the Kindle versions.
on 23 July 2013
Another masterpiece from the pen of Lillian Beckwith Thoroughly enjoyed being transported to the Hebrides and meeting and enjoying the company of the people.
on 13 January 2014
A good read and an interesting insight into Hebredian life. I have read several other Lilian Beckwith books and find them a relaxing read.
on 9 January 2014
Takes one completely into Island life and all it's richness of character, seasons, vicissitudes, and beauty. And with such humour too.
on 15 January 2013
as usual with lilian beckwith, it was a brilliant and funny read I just can't get enough of her books.
on 30 October 2014
Love the Lillian Beckwith books, easy, gentle, and full of humour
on 13 July 2015
I just love these stories of Hebridean life,