5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read.
Published on 29 April 2013 by Mr. B. Turner

1.0 out of 5 stars Passes the time
Not the best book I have ever read. I finished it but not really sure why. I think I just believed it had to get better. Could have given up any time. Doesn't really fit any genre. Not a mystery, not a romance etc.
Published on 19 May 2013 by Rae73

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read., 29 April 2013
Mr. B. Turner (Bristol) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
My first 5 stars, this book has been a very enjoyable read. I could not put it down and at one point had to force myself to sleep. When I thought I had the book figured out I was proved wrong. Only purchased it as it was cheap and after reading the back cover I thought it would send me to sleep. Never heard of the author before but will check out other books. Very well written and readable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, touching, 10 April 2013
Prairie (Tulsa, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable book. The characters cone alive as the story unfolds. With a hint of fantasy and a lot of emotion, the book moves along at a good clip.

4.0 out of 5 stars Supernatural success, 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
What a delight this book was to read. The author managed to make the voice of the girl in the diary exactly like an innocent 17 year old, also the other characters were written so strongly that it was easy to see them in your mind. The story mostly stayed within the bounds of credibility (although the finding of the licence plate was a bit suspect) as long as you could accept a firefly moving through glass and communicating with a human. I thoroughly enjoyed this tale, good editing, no foul language and a happy/sad feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice bit of escapism, 17 April 2013
Katie85 (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
There is an element of fantasy about this story, but it takes you away to another place for a while and it is difficult to put down once it gets going.

Beth LaMonte has moved to Maine to concentrate on a quieter life and a painting career. However, she is distracted by a firefly, which leads her to a secluded beach and, with it, the secrets of a girl who lived there and disappeared in 1975. Beth cannot let it go and is determined to see out the mystery, helped along by the firefly and a good supporting cast of her new neighbours. It has got some fantasy to it, but it is told in a more-believable-than-unbelievable way. The detail to the descriptions of Beth's locations help put you inside the story. It did start off a bit slowly, but once I got into the essence of the story, I was looking for every opportunity to read it. There were many unpredictable twists and although I did find Beth's method of uncovering the truth to be a bit unorthodox, it was still a good story.

I must admit when I downloaded this, I was a bit unsure as although this is the sort of thing I normally read, I was worried that I would let the firefly element annoy me. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the story. A recommended read to anyone who loves a good mystery with an original twist to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fab holiday read but too short, wanted to read more, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
Mysterious and gripping, you get pulled into the story quickly and its hard to put down. Well worth reading and you'll never loom at fireflies the same again

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
I've had this book on my kindle for a while & decided to give it a go. I was not disappointed, the story pulled me in. Beautiful story of Love and loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars it had a glow from the start, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic.......well written with beautiful colourful entertaining description...which drew you deep into the book and its characters.....its was definitely a real page turner......loved every word page chapter and was sad to finish it.........and tears fell as I reaches the concluding chapters........just read it for yourself.......xx

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, I truly loved this unusual book., 23 July 2014
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
Meria, thank you so much for sharing this story with me. You are a very gifted lady.
There was so much of Beth in my dearest friend. Why shouldn't we believe that loved ones can communicate with the living? The non conventional type of communication made the story very poignant. The grieving father refusing to believe his daughter had died. Beth never giving up. Beth bringing the community together, enriching everyone's lives, just as our Sue. This is a really well written book and I shall be reading it over and over again. Thank you once again, please keep writing

4.0 out of 5 stars Firefly Beach, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story. A well written story which was a cross between a psychic mystery, a fantasy and a story about past hurts and new beginnings. The main character was not particularly likeable, she seemed very pleasant one minute and then the next she was unfeeling and angry! She seemed to have a strange Jekyll and Hyde personality!!
But apart from that I was intrigued by the main story which moved along at a good pace and was full of twists and turns. The characters were well described and interesting. I will read more of this author's work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming..., 22 April 2013
The Nugget "The Nugget" (The Wirral) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Firefly Beach (Kindle Edition)
What a beautiful book! I was spellbound from page one. You know you've found a gem when you can't wait to pick up where you left off reading. A story to make you realise that things and people are not always as they appear to be, and that one person can bring happiness to many others through love and determination. I loved the mysterious ball of light that would show itself to Beth, and which would help her unravel the truth by finding a diary hidden buried in the wall that slopes down to a secret beach. Very well written and believable...

Firefly Beach