5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - a way to get the best out of your iPod
This Philips Docking Speaker gives high quality sound, as you would expect from Philips. It's great hearing the iPod capabilities through speakers rather than earbuds which, however good, can't really offer the same experience. The price is not prohibitive, and I really appreciate having the battery option for when you don't have a free socket, or when you're somewhere...
Published 19 months ago by Leonore

2.0 out of 5 stars does not support 7th gen ipods
The sounds and looks of this player are fantastic,but it does not support my 7th gen ipod.and even with the pin adapter it makes the ipod sit off centre which doesnt look good at all.If you buying for older ipod,i would say go for it.
Published 15 months ago by mike f

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money., 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Philips DS3100/05 Docking Speaker with 30 Pin Dock Connection (Electronics)
Very compact, stylish little system. My mum has also bought one on my recommendation. We have it in our kitchen as it is small but powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips docking station, 1 Aug 2013
This is the second one we have purchased and we are delighted with both.The delivery and service information excellent. I particularly like the actual docking plug which is on a swivel which allows access to any size of i-touch or phone thickness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 27 Mar 2013
I bought one of these iPod docking stations in January for our kitchen, not expecting to actually use it that much. It was the best thing, we no longer watch TV whilst sat at the table but now listen to the music we want to listen to. We like it so much we have bought another one for our office. This is stylish, neat, perfect size and gives good sound, but does not cost a fortune.

Jenny

2.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT take nano!, 22 Feb 2013
This is a good speaker for a larger ipod or iphone but does NOT take an ipod nano, despite saying in the product details that it will. The only way to connect a nano is via a usb lead out the back of the speaker. Surely this defeats the point of having a dock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Dock!, 14 Nov 2012
Lova - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I immediately had high hopes for the sound quality of this dock when I felt the weight of this diminutive item.I wasn't disappointed!It is outstanding for such a small device,even reproducing a very acceptable bass response.The fact that this dock operates from 4 AA batteries as well as from a mains adaptor makes it very flexible.The dock does not recharge Ipods or Iphones when powered by the batteries.My only concern would be with longevity of the spring loaded docking port which does give the impression of being clever but fragile.This dock is excellent value for money and sounds superb!

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't play sound from iPod touch - known problem, 26 Jan 2013
I have now spent more time on the phone to apple and Philips support lines than I care to remember! It is a known problem and neither company take responsibility for the problem. Philips said it was because my iPod was "too old" for this docking station. It is 13 months old. Apple said they knew there was a problem but could I leave feedback at apple.com/feedback in the hope that a patch would be released. Very frustrating. The web is full of forums about this problem. Thank goodness I got my money back.

1.0 out of 5 stars iphone 5 unsuitable., 9 Nov 2013
When you you search for Iphone 5 docking speaker system this Item a[appears (which assumes it's compatible with the Iphone 5).

However, when receiving the item it was definitely NOT compatible with Iphone 5.

Please can you make sure in future that the descriptions are clear .

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description, 21 Mar 2013
The item was sold as iPhone 5 dock and wasn't . I was very unsatisfied with this as I had to return the item

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked it out in 2 minutes!, 4 Aug 2013
I recently bought an I-pod Classic which took me hours to suss out but, having done that, I wanted to be able to hear my music without always having the ear-phones in. I saw this on Amazon and so decided to give it a go. I left it in the box for several days as I thought it would be another complex thing to get my head round but, no, you just plug it, pop the I-Pod on and off you go. It provides excellent sound and looks great. I am really very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice sound - does what it should!, 12 Nov 2012
Dr. D. E. Goldwater "dodiceleedoo" (Bushey, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This unit is actually smaller that it looked to me in the picture.

If I stretch my hand out, it is as wide as the distance between by little finger tip and thumb tip. It has no functionality apart from to amplify the sound from the ipod/iphone but the phone does the rest.

The sound is very good for such a little unit. A nice rounded base sound, obviously nowhere near the quality of a bigger unit but certainly less tinny than many I have heard of this size. It is quite loud at full volume.

A couple of little points. It is quite difficult to see whether the unit is switched on or off in a lit room as the only indication is a very subtle red glow on the - and + volume buttons. When connected to a PC, it will only register the iphone is docked when the power is switched OFF on the dock. This a a bit odd.

It takes batteries but comes with a mains adapter.

The male port is quite prominent and flexible and is also mounted high so it really will take a phone in any case, however chunky.

I am really pleased with this. It is a very welcome addition to my desk and the fact that it does dock with the PC is a definite bonus.

Value for money? I am not sure as it is a little on the pricey side for what it does but I really like it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›