on 9 November 2012
Season 4 is out in the UK now and it covers 3 whole sagas including the Garlic Jr, Trunks and Android sagas. There's plenty of action and some really great moments like Trunks arriving for the 1st time and turning Super Saiyan to battle Mecha Frieza and King Cold. There's also some great fights like Goku vs 19 were Goku almost dies from a heart virus, Vegeta vs 19, Vegeta vs 18, Piccolo vs Garlic Jr plus some great training scenes with Vegeta training under 400x earth's gravity. And the whole battle on Kami's lookout with Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo against Garlic Jr and the Spice boys is also great.

It includes English voices with the option for English music or Japanese music and Japanese voices with Japanese music. Once again I recommend watching it in English with the English music for the best experience.

If you love DBZ then get this.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2013
So, I'm a little late to the party, but I'm so glad that I'm finally able to get DBZ on DVD! I personally opted for the 'Orange Brick' over the 'Dragon Boxes', mostly due to the nostalgia of hearing the US/UK release soundtrack (so many people would disagree with me here - SO many), as this was what I grew up on, and the warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia was indeed brought about by hearing it once again. That's not to discount the original soundtrack. Simply that the US/UK version holds so many more memories of sitting up until all hours of the morning, re-watching sagas that I'd mercilessly insisted my dad tape for me, possibly half asleep by the end - but that was the beauty of it. Nothing can quite compare to being tucked up in bed and hearing 'Hell's Bells' playing from the TV set.

That said, the added advantage of being able to watch the English dub with the original score, as well as in Japanese with English subtitles is fantastic, and certainly not to be sniffed at! Well worth a watch if you enjoy comparing across dubs/version etc.

On to the release itself. My ONLY concern is that I've read in numerous places that these releases come complete with a booklet - a booklet which I admittedly didn't get, but I'm not going to spit feather over this one because I'm really just glad to finally have all my episodes of DBZ in one place (or will do, once I've finished buying these DVDs). A point that enthralls me greatly is that yes, these episodes ARE all UNCUT. A fact that didn't much bother me when I was eight, but it's interesting, now, to make the comparison, and at 21, some added blood and such doesn't detract from anything. There's debate about which dub we really did receive over here, and for years, my first (and only) guess was 'FUNimation' - I'm only about 85% sure about that, now, as there are certain differences (Androids #19 and #16, as well as Cell being the most notable), but again, this doesn't really detract from anything, but it's something I'd like to get straightened out, as most of the voices ARE just as I remember from the 1999/2000 broadcasts on Cartoon Network/Toonami. Maybe my memory just isn't up to scratch.

The 'Orange Brick' format is convenient, although as others may have mentioned, the discs being stacked on top of each other could potentially be annoying. It's fine by me as I'm very territorial and won't let anyone else handle my DVDs, but some extra caution is advised when trying to change the DVD over.

I'm not sure what else I can say here without being horribly out of my depth, but what I can say is that this is a must-have if you grew up watching the series on TV, potentially with little or no experience of Dragon Ball Z prior to that. Others might be more comfortable investing in the Dragon Boxes, but it really depends on what's more your speed, and that isn't for me to say. What I WILL say, however, is I'm one happy big girl who is currently being reminded of what it was like to be a little girl.

And here was me thinking I couldn't still be a child at heart.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2013
Twists, turns, action and laughs, dragon ball Z has this and more. I absolutely love it a must for all DBZ fans!!!!
on 30 January 2013
This multi disc set of season 4 is fantastic,one of the greatest cartoons ever made and is a cult classic.This season introduces us to trunks among others whos parentage will shock some who have never seen it.Buy this classic of manga.
on 5 November 2012
Soo we are now into the 4th season of the UK release where we first see vegeta son trunks from the future... after a long hard thought battle with the evil tyrant frieza, trunks arrives from the future to warn everyone of a dire android threat that is coming to earth, the Z fighters have 3 years to train and prepare for the android threat that is coming to them, this exciting season features trunks for the first time in the anime and also vegeta turning super saiyan for the very first time, you can watch 3 ways - but english dialogue with english music 5.1 surround sound, like shown on toonami is best....
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2014
Love DBZ it the best anime i have ever seen i remember spending all day or half the night while on school hoildays watching this with my brother and he hated me being there asking questions but i loved it ever since i was a kid

i rated it 5/5 as it is the best anime out their in my view
I love the layout and easy access
Dislike nothing

Recommend you buy it =]
on 28 February 2014
Great box set for my teenage son he's trying 2 get the full set it's a interesting story good fun 2 watch it came in great time in a great condition it was a Christmas present and he was dlighted with it on Xmas day so job done
on 12 March 2014
Got this box set for myself as I love the dbz sagas...great to watch complete episodes that I watched on toonammie with my son years ago,whose now 18 and am now rewatching with my 6yr old son who absolutely loves it
on 28 August 2013
My grandson already had seasons 1 and 2 and was looking for season 3. When I went on-line to look for it I found season 4 also. He was delighted to get both series and I was delighted with the seller.
on 18 October 2015
Awesome knew what I was getting since I've got other seasons. I like these sets they're simple and look good if you also get the dragonball & GT series.