5.0 out of 5 stars At last its arrived!
Finally DBZ gets a proper UK release. If you're a fan of the series then get this. The voices included on this are thankfully the FUNimation voices which we got on toonami and cartoon network for the ginyu,frieza,garlic jr and trunks sagas and are also used for most of the games. We can finally watch the whole series consistantly with these voices. You can watch the...
Published on 7 July 2012 by Captain Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Same voices, but not the music I remember
I don't know if I'm selecting something wrong in the audio menu, but the impression I got from other reviews when I bought this was that I'd be able to experience the show as I watched it years ago. However, while the American voices are thankfully the same the music doesn't seem to be. I remember the music vividly and have been reminded of Bruce Falconer's amazing work...
Published 14 months ago by WPH

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Oct 2014
Totally awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014
Great condition

4.0 out of 5 stars DBZ FAN MAN, 23 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Only problem I have is that I can't select English music with English voices on this season 1 set I was wondering if it's the same for the rest of the season box sets. The voices are fine it's just the sound track isn't the same as the ones I watched on cartoon network back in the day. I live in Britain and have watched them on my PS3 so are the options I have for the audio what I'm going to be stuck with when getting the other seasons???. Because without the music it just isn't the same experience at all I know I'm not alone on that I'v read on other reviews that there is an option for English voices with English music and I do believe I have the american version is it the copy,the version,my ps3 or just how all these are?.Oh and It would be 5 stars because everything apart from what's bugging me is perfect even came the next day after I ordered it and it was standard delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories!, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is the beginning of probably the most beautiful stories ever written as well as conveyed to the screen.
If you do not know what happens, I will not spoil anything for, only highly suggest you give the series a look, as it progresses to amazing story lines and spectacles.
If you have watched this before and are just interested in having the collection, and you are a bit fussy about minor details, these are the things you should know;
No.1: The original voice of Vegeta portrayed by Brian Drummond is not here, instead he is portrayed by the voice actor Christopher Sabat, who also does the voices for Piccolo & Kami, which is sort of disappointing as the legendary "It's over 9000!!!" quote feels like its missing its magic.
No. 2: Some of the script is changed, so be prepared to never hear "I'm gonna send you to the next dimension!!" by anyone.
The DVD comes with ether Japanese voice and music audio (with subtitles), English voice and Japanese music audio, or English voice and music audio, which is a nice touch.
Its a box of 6 DVD's each with about 6 to 7 episodes, some vary with more or less episodes but you have 39 in total.
Overall, this is definitely a must buy if you are a DBZ fan, and if your just looking through manga cartoons and by some miracle you have not heard of this series, I highly suggest you buy this box set and watch yourself be entrenched in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceptional piece of work, 31 Jan 2013
T. Walsh "dark horse" (england uk) - See all my reviews
i gave this dvd a 5 star rating for one smple reason its DRAGONBALL Z people
nothing beats this anime
its non stop action the characters and story are unlike anything you've seen in an anime yet
ive been a fan of dragonall z for over 10 years
i recommend this to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock the dragon!, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my partner, who has been a fan of the anime since he was a child.

Thoroughly enjoyable DVD series, especially as it is the complete first season. Do not confuse with other Dragonball series though - like he did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Anime In one Box, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
The first time I purchased Season one of Dragon Ball Z for my son, (in the us) it cost me around $90, and I had to buy them one DVD at a time. Replacing it for him so he could have it in PAL format, I was pleased to find the whole season in one set. And the Price is fantastic.

I can't really speak for the content, as it was a gift for my son. But given it's popularity, over a significant period of time should speak for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dragon ball z season 1, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Brought it for my fiancé for Christmas and he was very chuffed he always told me how he loved watching it on CN as a child Nd watched it all in one sitting which meant I had to put up with it but it was rather amusing and brought me back to my childhood great product already brought season 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 16 Sep 2014
Very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Nov 2014
great

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD]
Dragon Ball Z Season 1 [DVD] by Daisuke Nishio (DVD - 2012)