4.0 out of 5 stars Good sat-nav but lacks some the advertised features.
Firstly, the good news. I like this sat-nav. It has simple intuitive menus, clear mapping, finds satalite connections very quickly and also recalculates the route very swiftly when I go off-route (No annoying "Perform a U-turn when possible"). It seems well made and the supplied screen mount is fit for purpose and easy to use.
My dissapointment, hence only three...
Published 23 months ago by Rick

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2300
Very disappointed, the lead supplied to connect device to car cigarette lighter was the wrong lead, so not
only can I not charge it I cannot even switch it on. The mini USB lead which you are told to connect to
your computer so as to check for free updates, what mini USB lead it was not included.
If buying this item be very carefull.
Published on 7 July 2012 by Dave W

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sat-nav but lacks some the advertised features., 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Garmin Nuvi 2300 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps (Electronics)
My dissapointment, hence only three stars, is because it does not have PhotoReal Junction View or Lane Assist installed. Both of these features are listed in its Amazon product description, so it is therefore not as advertised. The 'text to speech' function that speeks road names can be quirky - some of the pronunciations are laugh-out-loud funny.
Nice product. Shame it lacks advertised features.

Review Update
Having used the sat-nav for a while longer, I realise that it DOES have lane assist. It apears in the top left-hand corner of the screen at motorway and trunk-road junctions. I am also pleased with its accurate vehicle positioning at complex roundabouts and junctions and the associated accurate timing of instructions such as "exit left" to avoid driver mistakes. I have therefor amended my rating to four stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars First one didn't work - replacement fine, 3 Aug 2012
I was totally unable to register this Sat Nav or download the latest maps, despite many efforts. Contacted Garmin who talked me through the process - it still didn't respond. Garmin said it must be faulty and to return it to Amazon for a replacement. This I have done (Amazon were fine about this) and I will now try to find the time to see if I can get the replacement working. Will update this review with the results! **Update** Replacement worked absolutely fine first time - so clearly the first one was faulty. Well done to Amazon for the hassle free exchange. Compared to Tom Tom I find the the "voice" a bit sharp and abrupt but I guess that is personal preference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2300, 7 July 2012
If buying this item be very carefull.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 May 2013
Couldn't be plugged-in to power supply - fitting incorrect. Returned for replacement, which had the same problem.

Recommend it - take a wild guess!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested, 5 Nov 2012
Selected a Garmin as i hired one for a family Florida holiday. So far it has been brilliant, and the routes selected have been better than a friends Tom Tom. My only grudge is that when trying to access the free map update I was told that my maps were up to date, only to find that about 1 month on from the expiry date it asked to be updated (the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sat nav user friendly, 25 Nov 2012
Bought for my partner - easy to use and she has not got lost yet so it certainly works !!