on 26 December 2013
Got it for my sons PS3. Was easy to upgrade, you need to download software for the PS3 but not for the Slim.
Hope this helps.
on 21 March 2014
The Hard drive arrived on time and it was a 500GB 2.5 INCH internal hard drive as I ordered but what I did order was a Seagate hard drive and I was sent a Samsung hard drive I have a feeling that Amazon may have made a mistake on there website with this product as I ordered a Seagate internal hard drive from another seller about three months ago, the seller emailed me to tell me that it wasn't a Seagate it was a Samsung and did I still want it, I think the same may have happened here but at the end of the day it did arrive quickly and its done the job I wanted it to do so I just kept it.
on 6 March 2014
Bought this from Sonnics, it arrived promptly and is working well but the unit is not new, it has a sticker on it which says the product has been re-manufactured.

That said the price was good, the delivery was prompt and if it continues to perform I will be happy, I just like the descriptions to be accurate.
on 11 March 2014
As the title says, I received a samsung drive instead of a seagate one..

Not an issue for most people but for those looking for certain drives for specific reasons might be something to keep in mind.
I purchased this 500GB HDD to upgrade my 120GB PS3 slim from 2010. It arrived on time, was well packaged and was simple to upgrade.

Absolutely delighted as I can now have all of my downloaded content in one place. All-in-all, very pleased and would highly recommend to used who wish to expand their PS3 hard drive. 5/5
on 18 September 2013
Bought this as a replacement and well pleased with it as excellent value and performance. Highly recommend it to anyone for solid basic use
on 11 January 2014
Brought this for my PlayStation 3, along with the recommended mounting bracket. Installation couldn't have been simpler, just put the hard drive into the bracket aligned with the connection inside the ps3, and screw in the drive to the bracket with the supplied screws. My bracket also came with little rubber pieces that you place between the bracket and the screw, so just make sure you screw it enough or else it won't go in.

When the hard drive was installed physically and electronically, you are left with around 400GB in total. This is normal, if you had used a 1TB drive you would have around 800/900GB left - the other space is allocated to system usage.

Overall, works great, absolutely seamless. Decent price as-well. My laptop only has a 250GB hard drive so to double to space is fabulous.
on 7 June 2016
Seagate are fine - recommended - but REALTECHNOLOGY clearly cannot be trusted having supplied a product labeled 'Samsung' contrary to a clear 'make and model' description: 'Seagate Barracuda Spinpoint 500GB 2.5 inch SATA Internal Hard Drive'. It's not good enough to pass these drives off as 'Seagate' simply because Seagate absorbed the company - that doesn't make it the same item or quality, Frankly, I've been misled and my time wasted, an unnecessary delay and inconvenience. Samsung were/are in fact the poorest quality hard-drives on the market behind Hitachi. Seagate are the best ahead of Western Digital. Notwithstanding a surplus of Samsung and Hitachi, they having been bought out by Seagate and WD; the mantle of the poorest quality drive is now passed to Toshiba.
on 1 February 2014
Ordered from Digital Components Ltd (dclstore) item arrived and is a Samsung branded drive, which is not an issue as its still a Seagate unit but what annoyed me was that the drive was a "Certified Repaired" unit and therefore not a new item which i find very cheeky, the Certified Repaired drive should have gone back to the person who had their drive fail but whats clearly happened is they have sent that person a new drive and when they got this warranty replacement back they thought they would sell it to me
on 30 November 2015
We put this in our Gigabyte Brix (Ultra Small Format PC) that we use for a mail server. It was easy to install and works perfectly.