5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet cheapest
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - just
Some reviews I read said this doesn't stick at all, Bu tI figured at the price I would give it a good. It sticks really well, hasn't come off yet, and the only reason I can think of for others' failure is that it is either mis-manufactured (ie the cup surface is not smooth), the surface attempting to stick it too is not smooth, or the windscreen is too curved...
Published 21 months ago by Arch

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - just, 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Original Simply Electronics Universal Stick Anywhere Mobile Phone Car Windscreen / Dash Mount Cradle Mobile Phone Car Holder, Rotate & Lock to Windscreen - Fits all Mobile and Smartphones up to 8.5cm wide. Also works very well with your phone in its Protection Case (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Regarding its use though, as I didn't want to stick it to the windscreen and have cables dangling (these devices chew power and I only need it for long distance generally), I placed it out of the way on the dash surface. However, this means that the holder needs to stand up rather than hang down, and the ball-and-socket joint isn't quite stiff enough for this. It does hold for a while, but this is temperature dependent (when warm it'll slip down), and bumpy roads (that means most..) will also cause it to drop. As I wouldn't want it standing up permanently (I fold it down when not in use), I wouldn't want to use bluetack or superglue - maybe forcing some paper in the joint will stiffen it sufficiently if I can get it in.

In the end though, think about exactly where you'll use the holder (bearing in mind the middle of the windscreen is not only blocks your view somewhat but is illegal!). If cabling isn't a concern and if it'll be hanging as in the picture, rather than standing up, like off a dash, then this product should do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet cheapest, 26 Nov. 2014
I have to say, this is the cheapest yet best car phone holder I have ever seen. It just works like you would hope. It stuck on my windscreen perfectly and has stayed in place since. My daily drive to and from work takes me over a cobled bridge (very bumpy). This is where all other 'stick' mounts fail. Not this one - it just sticks. Very happy and as for the low price tag - it's quite unbelievable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works when it wants to, 22 Jan. 2015
This is a good product, but it could do with a bit of work. I'm sure being stuck on the windscreen is fine, however I wanted to stick mine onto the dashboard. The pad that sticks onto the dashboard directly is fab, never comes off and if you want it to come off you have to really pull it (it doesn't damage the dash when doing this which I think is a huge plus point!). The problem comes when you put the suction cup onto the dash pad. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just falls off. It can be on there for a couple of weeks and then randomly fall off and can take a few attempts to put back on.

I'll carry on with it for a bit longer because when it works, it's fantastic! Next time though, I'll be reading the reviews more carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 29 April 2013
great product, love it. easy to fix didn't want something that stuck to the window for everyone to see
this hides nicely under the dash infront of radio/cd. fab looks the business on my dash

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 7 Jun. 2012
I was not expecting too much, for previous phones I had always got one specially for that phone. I now have a One X and this holds it very tight. It is the first holder which has held tight to the dashboard and windscreen that I've owned. It's method of suction is by far the best I've used as well. Such a cheap price and I'm hoping it is the last one I buy for all future phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and good performance., 28 Sept. 2014
I used this product on a 2 week trip which involved a lot of driving. It withstood extremely strong sun and heat and was very easy to use. It works well with iphones with bulky battery cases and I used it with both the iphone 4 and 5s. It folds up to become very compact which makes it a dream to carry around and the price paid for this makes it extremely good value.

Only downside is it doesn't look that great but it certainly did the job for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish!, 20 Nov. 2014
had bought one of these a year before at a slightly higher price, thought it would be the same, nope. was cheap rubbish! First one snapped, after failing to stick to the windscreen, second one wouldn't stick to the windscreen. So Im in the process of getting a refund and purchasing another one, from the original seller at a more expensive price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't recomand buying this., 7 Nov. 2014
I just received this item and i've been surprised to see the product came broken... 2 plastic parts are broken...

1.0 out of 5 stars Really really poor, 1 Oct. 2013
Clearly you do get what you pay for. £2.15 including postage so I won't be bothering trying to return it back to China! Haven't tried the sucker on it so can't comment on that aspect. Haven't even attempted to fix it anywhere in the car. Why? The ball joint between the phone holding part and the mounting part is so poor the phone just flaps about at will. I'd hate to see how it copes with a moving car. As you move it shavings of plastic fall out and I tried tightening the screws holding the cover but that made no difference. I considered wrapping some tape over the ball but have decided instead to get something else. I have the iBolt mount in my wife's car and that it really good. I may have to get another even though it is around 30 quid. On a plus side the clamp for the actual phone is very good but with the naff ball joint I can't see any way of adapting it in a useful manner. I'd recommend spending a bit more to get something fit for purpose

1.0 out of 5 stars Easily snaps, 13 Nov. 2014
Snapped after first use. Used it once, it was good then.. but then adjusted the position and it snapped.