5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This is great, especially considering it was only 32 quid, which is much cheaper than other comparable products.

Published on 28 Feb 2012 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars okay
this adapter works fine picture wise but i cannot get sound to work.
i only use it for sending stuff from laptop so i get the sound from that.
i am not very computer wise so i may be doing something wrong.
i would recommend this as for me it is okay
Published 4 months ago by JLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Feb 2012

I needed to hook up my laptop to my 37" Philips LCD TV, which I thought would be simple, but oh no. According to the Philips manual, it only supports connections from computers via the HDMI ports. My laptop only has a VGA output. This piece of kit takes the analogue VGA signal and converts it to a HDMI signal, whilst upscaling the signal at the same time. No fuss whatsoever, it just works.

The picture quality is really quite impressive, to the point where streaming video actually looks sharper on my TV screen than it does on the laptop. What impressed me the most though was that the picture fills the entire TV screen with no borders, even though there are borders on the laptop screen when streaming video. I don't know whether this is a consequence of the HDMI technology rather than converter itself, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Thought it was also worth mentioning that mine came with a UK plug and not a European one as another reviewer mentioned. It doesn't come with any leads however (except for power of course), so you'll need a HDMI cable, a male-to-male VGA connector (like the one which connects a computer to a monitor), and a lead which has a connector like you'd plug into the headphone socket of an iPod, but at both ends. (I think they're called 3.5mm jacks).

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi HDMI to VGA converter, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: KanaaN HDMI to VGA Adapter Converter | KanaaN HDMI to VGA Cable | Resolutions up to 1080p (Personal Computers)
I purchased this adapter to convert the HDMI signal output by my Raspberry Pi to VGA, so that I could use the Raspberry Pi with a monitor which only has a VGA input. It worked without any problems and the quality of the image on the monitor was almost as good as when I tried the Raspbery Pi connected to a friend's HDMI monitor. A good product which works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 15 July 2011
Alan (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
For this price it does the job.I have it running with an old Toshiba laptop.The only comments I would make is because it's German in origin you do need a shaver socket or similar for the power.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as it supposed to, 23 Jun 2012
Bought this product recently, arrived in the mail from Germany really quickly. Well packed and came with the adapter so you can plug it into standard UK 3 pin plug.

Using the product is very easy and you can tell the difference switching on the 720p button. Works fine on my TV which is only a 32''.

If you are looking for a quick cheap solution to projecting onto a TV and you only have a VGA out i would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for converting vga and sound to HDMI to HD TV, 10 May 2012
I took a chance to buy this convertor as I have a Toshiba laptop with only a VGA output and my TV is a 46" (despite other reviewers saying it doesn't work for larger than 40" screens this certainly worked on my 46" screen) Panasonic HD TV with only HDMI connections. This product has been very hard to find. Now I have my laptop showing picture and sound via this KanaaN VGA Audio to HDMI convertor to my HD 46" Panasonic TV.

All you need to do is buy this convertor and make sure you have a VGA lead and a sound headphone output lead (male both ends)connected to the convertor then a HDMI lead connecting the KanaaN to your TV. Then just plug in and press the button on the side of the KanaaN and you have full 1080p HD when green light shown (it will also show 720p if you press this button again to show a red light - remarkable) from your laptop converted to your HD TV with picture and sound direct to your TV via the HDMI lead - Excellent! Easy and no fuss just ensure you have or buy all the correct leads. A real life saver to connect PC's or laptops without a HDMI connection to your HD TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Product, 15 Jan 2013
Tibs (Swansea, South Wales,UK) - See all my reviews
This was easy to fit, just plug and play. I bought it to play "Love Film" instant streaming films from my old laptop to my Panasonic 42 inch LED TV. I had tried VGA cable from laptop to VGA slot on the TV but sound quality was poor and picture "juddered" so playing from VGA slot on laptop to HDMI slot on TV was the best method. This converter has enabled me to watch uninterrupted and high quality picture on the TV and excellent sound quality.The leaflet recommends setting the resolution to 1024x768 resolution and this was the one I set on my laptop and also the second monitor setting (theTV). There is a button on the converter to press for the resolution. My TV uses 1080 so just press and hold the button until the light alongside turns green. If your TV uses 720 just press and hold until a red light appears. I have a VGA cable with the audio jack plug attached at each end which I also bought from Amazon so did not need an additional audio jack cable (PC Laptop to HD LCD LED Plasma TV 15 pin VGA with Jack Audio Cable 2m). Good price for both items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what you need - pure and simple, 1 May 2012
karen relton (Wokingham, England.) - See all my reviews
If you need to go from a laptop VGA to a TV doesn't have its own VGA input but has HDMI instead, then this box is just what you need. It consolidates the video & sound from the laptop onto the HDMI to go into the TV - and works just great.

Easy to set up - just plug the leads in, tell your laptop to output to your VGA socket at 1024x768, and you are in business.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 26 Feb 2014
Bought this to enable me to connect an old laptop (no hdmi output) as a permanent 'slave' to my TV. Bit of trouble setting it up but persevered and it now works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fancy, just does the job very well indeed, 20 Oct 2013
My Asus laptop is fine for everyday use but cannot keep up with the latest advancements in connection technology. Being unable to connect it to my TV due to having a VGA output and my TV only having a HDMI input a solution was required.

This is where the adapter comes into play. It arrived in a plain brown box and upon opening revealed everything you see pictured at the top of the page. The instructions are printed on Izal-quality paper and its contents of unimportant.

I connected the adaptor to the laptop and the HDMI cable to the TV to reveal no picture; why is this? It's because I forgot to connect the USB cable from the adapter to the laptop. Without it there is no power and consequently no picture.

Problem solved. Now what is it like in operation? The converted picture fills the TV with no borders and looks good; there is no reduction in picture quality. Sound is fine and job done.

A good product at a good price. Anyone looking for a solution to save the cost and hassle of purchasing new laptop in order to use HDMI should look no further.

4.0 out of 5 stars excelant product, 7 Aug 2013
This product lived up to what it can do. Well made and quality output this product should be more widely available