5.0 out of 5 stars :O
Published 24 months ago by Star14

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for the Audible returns policy
Published 5 months ago by Lily the Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars :O, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Fissure (The Patrick Chronicles (An Eternal Eden Story)) (Kindle Edition)
Well, Nicole Williams has done it again! I fell in love with the Eden series, and i'm in love with the Patrick chronicle(s). Patrick is possible the most funny, charming and caring man on this (fictional) planet. This book is amazing with a capital 'A'. Although you don't need to read the (AMAZING) eden books before this one, i really think that you should. Anyway this book was quick to join nicole williams other novels at the top of my favourite book list, it is an ABSOLUTE must read, don't miss out!

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for the Audible returns policy, 23 Oct 2013
The only reason I managed to survive for the first 28 minutes of this book was because I was driving and decided to give it until I got home. I could imagine the "narrator" running his finger along under the words as he read, and every time he got to the end of a piece of speech he paused...before continuing "...I warned" or even "...he deadpanned, marching through the room.." His delivery is so flat, I had trouble following his sentences. And here I have to allocate some of the blame to the author, who clearly enjoys creative writing - "Tilting my head back, I looked up at where I assumed the sky still hung behind the black ceiling". I had to look the book up on Amazon Look Inside just to see if Chapter 1 is as bad as it seemed. It is.
So thank you to Audible for giving me a refund; I have another chance to find a book worth listening to.

4.0 out of 5 stars I <3 Patrick!, 23 Mar 2013
Oh, this book was all kinds of wonderful and how could it not be when it's protagonist (Patrick) is one of my favourite male characters! How can anyone not love Patrick with his good looks, witty sense of humour and... well, what's not to love? ;-)

My heart broke for him at the end of United Eden and continued to break at the beginning of Fissure with his mopey depressive state...how embarrassing for your little brother to be the one to kick your butt into gear and get you out of your funk! I was happy to see him back to being himself again, cheekiness included! He did a lot of growing up in this book and had become an honorable gentleman by the end.

Emma, bless her...I really felt for the girl. I could understand her situation, her insecurities & why she did it all the way she did but at the same time I just wanted to shake her out of her silliness! I was so mad at her brothers for not seeing Ty for the person he was. Why didn't they do more after finding out that he was bad mouthing her? Surely no protective brother/s would tolerate that from their sister's boyfriend? They should've done everything they could to keep him away from her but I guess they made up for it in the end. I did like/enjoy the likeness between the brothers on both sides :-) & really enjoyed the snippet of the Hayward brothers that we got. I love those guys :D

Once again beautifully written. I love Nicole's writing. I've yet to be disappointed by any of her books! Another heartbreaking, beautifully romantic story by the lovely Nicole Williams. I can't wait for the next book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to series., 8 Nov 2012
Enjoyed this extension to the Eden series. Wasn't quite as good but nice to get different characters perspective and a little more light relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fissure, 14 Aug 2012
Fissure was as good as the previous books in this series, and they were all excellent. I had to keep reading until I was finished. The whole series is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to lay you down on a bed of roses!!, 10 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Oh, Patrick Hayward........more please!! Couldn't do anything but read this - no eating, no sleeping, no......well, you get my drift!!
OK, so....Patrick has rescued Emma in the process of finding his true love! But who is gonna rescue Patrick when the Council find out about his blatant abuse of their laws??!!
I'll just wait here for the next instalment, doing my impression of Julia, admiring the view.......mmmm!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but not quite as good as the Eden trilogy, 12 July 2012
K. Morris "Kirsty" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I did really enjoy this but it wasn't quite as good as the Eden trilogy with Bryn. I expected far more witty comments from Patrick. This book also felt a little darker than the trilogy as it covers a taboo topic.

I did find it a little strange that he had such ease in being with Emma all the time, when William had such a difficult time with Bryn. I also found the end a little frustrating but I assume that the story will progress in the next one.

A good read but not quite up to the Eden trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Jun 2012
Reading Eternal Eden I fell in love with the story and the characters and I was so pleased Nicole Williams wrote another book, especially because it's all about Patrick! I really liked that it was a different perspective on the immortal life and seeing how Patrick tries to act as a mortal. It was a different take from Bryn and William's story which kept it from being too similar. I thought it was great how Nicole Williams dealt with some tough issues and I really like the character of Emma. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next one! I would recommend this for any fans of the Eternal Eden series and if you haven't read them I would suggest starting with the others before this as it will spoil some of the surprises in the series. The whole series, including this book, are some of my favourite books and I can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars different but great, 22 April 2012
Kindling (OLDHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A great follow on from the Eden series. Less immortal but still engaging. It was obvious that Patrick would make a good lead character and I wasnt disappointed.

ARRAY(0xa25eaf3c)