5.0 out of 5 stars Aw...!
This was such a great and lovely read!

Published on 1 Mar. 2013 by Rebekka

3.0 out of 5 stars It was okay, not worth waiting for.
I waited months to wait for the book to be released, all Maya Banks books so far have been really good. Unfortunately i thought this book was average, definitely not worth the money. Ive been left feeling dissappointed.
Published on 27 Sept. 2012 by BigReader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Aw...!, 1 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Never Seduce a Scot: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs (Kindle Edition)
This was such a great and lovely read!

Evelin was one of the sweetest, good humored, unassuming and even tempered heroines I've ever stumbled across. She was such a brave and hardworking lass - er, girl. I truly admired her and loved it when she finally got to put the other hating women in place - without the (much) help from Graeme (how do you even pronounce that?) I mean obviously he had to step in at some point as he was the Laird - I mean lord. Master. Uuh, you know what I mean. But she fixed her own problems within her limits in addition to not being dramatical but instead honest when the only potential 'big misunderstanding' happened. It made me respect her immensely.

Graeme was a brilliant hero, respecting Evelin and saw her as a person the moment he met her instead of listening to what both his and her clan said about her (that she was daft and stupid because of the fall) and refrained from putting her in a 'box' before getting to know her. But I gotta be honest - she totally stole the show!

I'm so looking forward to the next two books in this trilogy (or is it going to be a series? Me hopeful). I hope the next two books is about Graeme's brothers as I totally fell for them too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 19 Mar. 2013
I enjoyed this book I liked the way the characters were drawn and the story was interesting. It was a light read that I won't mind reading again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book by Maya Banks., 8 Nov. 2012
WOW! What a book!

Long, long, long ago two clans , Montgomerys and Armstrong, started to hate each other, that hate continued throughout MANY years ( 100 to 200). Until they finally reached the limit where they would stop at nothing to kill one another, and their hate for each other slowly became their addiction. The king of Scotland got sick of their fighting, because both clans were very loyal and they both had huge armies. He didn't want to risk them, so he decided to arrange marriage between the two families ( the leaders children) hoping it would sort the conflict between them. The clans had to follow the demand because if they wouldn't it would show disloyalty towards the king. Never Seduce a Scot is about a girl named Eveline Armstrong, who everyone thinks of as ' touched', stupid or crazy. She doesn't speak. No one knows the truth about what truly is wrong with her. She isn't prepared to get married and she never thought she would because of her condition, and as much as her family supports her in that matter, they all have no choice but to marry her of to Graeme ( Montgomerys leader). They know that Montgomerys and Armstrongs don't mix, and that it might end in disaster. Graeme is so not happy about it, but soon finds himself irresistibly drawn to Eviline. As intimacy deepens, he learns her secret. But as a foreign source threaten the wife he has only began to cherish, the Scottich warrior will move heaven to save the woman who awakened his heart to a rare and magical love.

OMG!!! I L-O-V-E-D THIS BOOK!

The characters were so awesome and realistic! They were very well developed.
Eveline was such a beautiful character to read about. And can i just say - i totally love her name. She was very strong and never gave up without a fight.
Graeme was kind, nice and understanding. The way he treated Eveline and the things he said to her made my heart melt. He was so sweet! And his love for her was pure.
I loved Graemes sister, she was such an epic and interesting character to read about.
I just ADORED Evelines and Graemes brothers, they rocked!

Evelines and Graemes relationship wasn't rushed, but wasn't slow either. It was just right. I love how at first they didn't like each other but then that feeling turned into love. There was MANY romantic and sweet scenes between them that just made me go " AWWWWWW!"

This wasn't the first book i read by Maya Banks, but it was the first in historical romance genre. Maya Banks is such a great author!

The beginning, when Eveline was moving into Montgomerys clan, was so freaking hilarious.
In the middle i felt a bit upset and my heart was aching for Eveline because of the things she had to go through.
The ending had me on edge. I can not wait to read book 2!

Overall, Never Seduce a Scot is a wonderfully written book that will make your heart melt. I think it's one of the most sweetest books i have read so far. Definitely worth the money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maya banks, 20 Jan. 2013
Lovely story, really enjoyable easy read :)
Not necessarily one of Maya banks best books but would recommend as I have read all her books! Her writing style is so enjoyable!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 5 Jan. 2013
25th September 2012. I'll never forget this day. I had prebooked this book months before and the day It was delivered to my kindle (25/09/2012) mu husband was working away from home for a couple of days in Edinburgh. When he left at about 8am I started reading this book and apart from toilet breaks, I never put it down, I think I finished it about 3pm. I just loved it, I have read it twice again since then and still love it. Some people might think I am sad but I don't care, I prefer to read than watch the crap on telly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 Nov. 2013
Yet another brilliant romance by Maya Banks in the Highlander series.The story of Eveline and Graeme is a lovely tale.Eveline is forced to marry Graeme by the King to stop the clans fighting and call a truce.Graeme is so protective of her as she deals with the prejudice of his clan and her deafness ,their love unites the Armstrongs and the Montgomerys when she is abducted by Ian Mchugh,great stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 8 Jun. 2014
I give this book 5 star
because it was everything I was looking for.

loved the relationship between the heroine and the hero's brothers. awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars never seduce a scot, 4 May 2014
Loved, loved, LOVED this book! Cannot wait for the next one to come out! Recommend it to anyone who loves romances and the highlands

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 21 Jan. 2014
What an amazing story!! If I could give it 6 stars I would. I'm a hopeless romantic and this book is one of the most romantic books I've read in a while. The love between the hero and heroine is so sweet I shed a few tears while reading this. And both their siblings and heroine's parents also have such good hearts...I thoroughly enjoyed this and would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true romance- sweet, lovely, tender, 3 Oct. 2012
S. Richards - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
You know from the blurb that the king is uniting these two feuding Scottish clans by forcing a marriage between Graeme Montgomery and his enemy's daughter, Eveline Armstrong. These two powerful families have a long history of bloodshed and hatred, and everyone involved is resentful of this marriage by royal decree. Everyone but Eveline. She sees this as a chance to start new, to have a husband and children. Eveline is deaf and silent, misunderstood and thought to be simple and addled, even defective, but Graeme sees instead a gentle, brave and incredibly beautiful lass with a secret. And now, he's not really minding this idea of marriage.

But don't forget the hatred and bitterness that has to be overcome between the clans. I don't know if this is considered a tear-jerker sort of book, but several times I was reaching for tissues and crying over what Eveline was going through. Her treatment by his clan... And when Graeme found out? That furious, protective alpha male wouldn't stand for it. The love story between these two is so sweet and lovely. I don't know if I've ever read such a sweet hero like this big, tough Scot. I loved him, everything about him. His tenderness, his patience, his role as protector, his care of his wife, his need to cherish her. Just swoon-worthy material here. His love for the heroine is the truly, madly, deeply kind of love, and some of the things he said to her were heart-fluttering.

There's a lot that happens here, some good action, all interesting and made me want to read more, more of this story and more of this series, but the best part of this story is the romance and how the h/H interact together. The emotion between them is just deep and warm, truly romantic in every image and word. And for me, this book felt very much like a comfort read. One of those books I'll reach for when I want to read that consuming kind of love, the kind of love nothing else in the world will ever conquer. Never Seduce a Scot: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs is going on my keeper shelf, right there in the sweet hero section, sub-section: Scottish hunk to die for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›