5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read
Loved this book, It was funny in places, serious and romantic. Well written and great story line.
Would recommend to family and friends
Published 22 months ago by C. L. Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this.........
Finished this book over a week ago & still undecided what to write in this review.
I really wanted to like it having enjoyed previous novels by this author & the attractive cover & synopsis on the back of the book screamed "buy me" when I saw it in the supermarket.
Published on 28 Oct 2012 by jg

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about this........., 28 Oct 2012
Now for content;I classed it as OK as it was easy to read although rather predictable. The main stumbling block for me was Eloise who I found to be rather celf centered character.She was supposedly super stressed out & very busy yet chose to go it alone & have a child that clearly did not fit in with her lifestyle.
On the other hand, once she had located the sperm donor father she suddenly miraculously had time to help transform his life completely. From coaching him so that he gained employment,shopping for a complete wardrobe & hair & skincare regimes,Eloise was able to find time to be there while her own sister cared for the daughter.
This was another unlikely occurance;- a sister who Eloise saw rarely was prepared to drop everything to move in with Eloise & care for her daughter without any time constraints? Then there was the 2 year old daughter who was constantly asking about the whereabouts of her absent sperm donor father.A child this age would have moved on to another subject fairly quickly once it became apparant that her father could not just appear when requested.
In the end I felt that there were just too many inconsistencies & unlikley scenarios which were necessary to pull the storyline together but irritated me.
My overall verdict is that this is OK but probably best suited to a holiday read when it can be picked up in between sunbathing & cocktails! Be warned that you may find the inconsistencies & the main character annoying!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
I bought this for my kindle as it was only 99p and I've previously enjoyed books by the same author.
The story line wasn't bad, although quite far fetched. There were a few inconsistencies in it, the most annoying being the 'almost 3' daughter who spoke in full sentences (albeit saying 'fwend' instead of friend, every 'r' was replaced by a 'w'!!) despite being at an age where most children would drop a subject as soon as distracted by new toys etc.
The ending was a bit of a surprise but only because absolutely no hint of it had been given throughout the rest of the book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 24 Oct 2012
I read the back cover of this book in the supermarket and thought it sounded like a great story and got the Kindle version for what I thought was a bargain at 99p.

Turns out I hated it and bailed out 25% of the way in.

It's not the storyline that's bad it's the writing style. I found there is just way too much waffle about insignificant characters that are unnecessary to the story. Far too much repetition about how she's just sooooo busy, and yet clearly earns enough money (another point that's hammered home) to pay for several staff. So already I'm very irritated by Eloise, stop moaning and sort it out woman.

But what really got under my skin was the stupid and irritating child. Apparently she's "almost three", again repeated several times. Excuse me but almost 3 means she's 2 for crying out loud. And I'm sorry but 2 year olds do not have conversations with their parents about their non existent sperm donor fathers. I have 2 young children, lots of friends with young children and every day at work have conversations with young children. They just don't talk like that. Irritating beyond words. Not worth any more of my time.

99p too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 26 Dec 2012
C. L. Howard "Claire" (Essex) - See all my reviews
Would recommend to family and friends

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to rate!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
I found it hard to rate this book. The story is good but it's so unrealistic that it made me bored at times. I found it very slow to begin with and actually skipped through a lot of dialogue... overall an okay read, there are also quite a few spelling mistakes!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't flow, 25 April 2013
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
Nice plot if a bit farfetched found myself skimming several pages at once throughout the book as the narrative was drawn out and dull. Good in parts, didn't make me want to read more

2.0 out of 5 stars A Very Accidental Book. Disappointing!, 9 April 2013
J. Hopwood (Haslemere, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
I tried really hard to get into this book but gave up about half-way in. Two things really, really got to me:
1) The naffness of the characterisations. The main character Eloise just got on my nerves with her indecision and dithering about should she/shouldnt she tell Jake he was her daughter's Dad. It was at this point I just gave up on her as she was becoming increasingly annoying with her stupidity.
2) It's OK to write a child's dialogue, it is quite easy for me as the reader to imagine how a 3-year old would talk. I did NOT need the listhping words added into the story. As in "Pwease, pwease fwind my Daddy" and "I'm pwaying with my new fwend" etc etc whenever her daughter Lily spoke. I just wanted to slap her - HARD!
Perhaps Claudia Carroll has written better books, but I shant be reading anything else written by her if this is the line her - novels (? I say this loosely) take.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good in some parts, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
The main character Eloise does not invite empathy. She is portrayed initially as a driven female who is intent on shattering 'the glass ceiling'. Descriptions of her work life and career focus are interesting as are the conflicts she experiences in trying to juggle her role as a single mum with her work commitments. Work tends to come first and her 2 year old is a peripheral character. However this is where the book is weakest - the portrayal of the 2 year old. Why on earth does the author slip into phonetic speak when the little girl is talking? It is irritating beyond belief. Some of the developmental milestones are inaccurate also - a 2 year old would not have a 'gappy toothed smile' unless they had been subjected to a very bad diet indeed. Other aspects of the child's behaviour are totally unbelievable. hence the rating - the book is an easy quick read, not taxing and of course with a happy ending, but the author has not done her research well on a large part of this book. It reads like she is a journalist and knows what she is talking about here, but she is certainly not a mum. I had very little empathy for her at the end of the book either! At least it was only 99p.

5.0 out of 5 stars its different, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
this is a story that is completely different from other love stories in fact you dont get the love story until the very end of the book its very good

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Very Accidental Love Story (Kindle Edition)
A very easy and light read for someone who just wants a bit of peace and quiet and a nice story to read along to.

Negative points - can be quite repetitive with certain themes such as her work life etc, it is also fairly slow to build up to and the grammar in the book is poor. A lot of grammar mistakes.

These points do not make it hard to read but can be quite annoying.

Overall, an easy read, an interesting storyline as well & enjoyable.

A Very Accidental Love Story