5.0 out of 5 stars bird paradise
Published on 2 July 2012 by clarej

3.0 out of 5 stars Pigeons
Be careful when ordering this - it will not be suitable for hanging feeders that are intended to attract tits, robins and finches.

They will still feed, but you will find 80% of the bulk on the ground beneith the feeder, as this is predominantly wheat based.

Published 18 months ago by Anthony Green

5.0 out of 5 stars bird paradise, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
great bird seed, good mix. Only problem is the birds love it so much had to order another bag. Saved me loads against me buying it in shops, although i tend to use more as i don't have to remember to go get it. Don't be put off by the fact that it shows out of stock, it comes much quicker than you think. 12.5 kg sounds like a lot, but it is not a huge bag if your short of space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good feed at a good price, 19 Oct 2012
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
The word "standard" suggets that this feed will be at the cheaper end of the market - and the prive, which is very competitive, bears this out. Yes, there is a lot of wheat in the mix, and therfore if using in feeders there will be a lot of droppage (our greenfinches seem very skilled in spitting wheat out whilst searching for sunflower seeds!)

We do get through a lot of seed in our garden, however, and to avoid paying twice or three times per kilo for a premium product, this allows us to keep the garden well stocked at a reasonable price. No frill seed - but it does the job. (And pigeons and doves love the dropped wheat too!)

BTW, free delivery and very swift service - much appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SUBEL, 31 Dec 2012
siSIDAVER1sidaver1d davidson "SIDAVER" (nNEWCASTLE UPON TYNEewcastle upon tyne england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I GIVE THIS PRODUCT THE HIGHEST ACOLADE,ITS FIRSTCLASS WITH NO WASTE,WHATSOEVER&I WOULD RECOMMEND,THIS TO ANY WILD-BIRD LOVERS,WITH NO HESITATION.BRILLIANT,THATS WHAT IT IS

3.0 out of 5 stars Pigeons, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)

To be fair, the description does advise this, my error was confusing this feed with the Premium mix when ordering.

I will use this on the bird table in the back garden where a lot of pigeons and doves visit, so it won't go to waste.

However I have found Chapelwoods High Energy No Mess seed to be excellent in the hanging feeders in the front garden - I am still looking for a cheaper alternative that won't leave mess under the feeder, If anyone has any suggestions for 'no waste' hanging feeder mix for less than 25/ 12 KG I'd be grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars birds enjoy it, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I use this in my wild bird feeders. All the birds enjoy it. It doesn't make much mess. I also feed some to my chickens as a treat

5.0 out of 5 stars birds go wild, 21 Aug 2013
Mr. C. Lamb - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I get mobbed by the birds in my garden when I put the food out. I need five more words

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds love it !, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
The birds think it,s great , every single seed is eaten by all variety of birds , sparrows ,starlings ,pigeons and more.
What value for money ,the mix seems right for the birds and none goes to waste.
Thank you Amazon ,no postage and packing!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wild birds, 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I got fed up of having to go into town just to buy wild bird food .
so I went on line and found that I could get these items at a great price but also delivered to our door .
so now I am happy and the birds are fat and happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bird seed, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I ordered this bird seed purely by mistake as I thought I was ordering 1.2 kg not 12.75 kg so what a surprise at the weight of the box . But it arrived quickly and it is such good value and of a high standard that it will surely tempt the birds .

4.0 out of 5 stars The birds like it, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
We have flocks of sparrows in our garden and they empty the bird feeders in a day.

There is quite a selection of seeds and what looks like split peas in this package.

They do leave a lot of overspill and what appears to be uneaten seeds under the feeders, not sure why. Other bigger birds eat some of the seeds on the ground, but there are certainly a lot left over that are not eaten. We are constantly assessing this product to see if it is value for money.

Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg