4.0 out of 5 stars Birds seem happy
Birds seem happy with this mix ,feeders empty quickly .Finches don't seem to like it ,but I put sunflower hearts out so there not going hungry ,but the long tailed tits that used to visit my garden have gone ,don't know if it's because of seed .Will buy more
Published 13 months ago by maureen

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the waste
It's good value but I won't buy again. I watch the finches and tits spit most of it out on the ground. The pigeons don't seem to mind as I have my bird feeders over pathways. They gobble all the other birds throw away. It mostly ends up on the ground.

One of my feeders is near the BBQ which is now covered in discarded seeds.

Robins seem to like it...
Published 6 months ago by yampycat

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the waste, 17 Dec. 2014

One of my feeders is near the BBQ which is now covered in discarded seeds.

Robins seem to like it which is a joy to watch. I will buy some seed with no wheat next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds seem happy, 15 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars bird paradise, 2 July 2012
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
great bird seed, good mix. Only problem is the birds love it so much had to order another bag. Saved me loads against me buying it in shops, although i tend to use more as i don't have to remember to go get it. Don't be put off by the fact that it shows out of stock, it comes much quicker than you think. 12.5 kg sounds like a lot, but it is not a huge bag if your short of space.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Bird Food For The Price, 19 Jun. 2014
My sparrows & coal tits certainly prefer this to several other types I've tried (so do the flipping jackdaws who eat what ends up on the ground).
Very little in the way of chaff or inedible particles.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of wheat = lots of mess! :-/, 14 Oct. 2014
There was an awful lot of wheat in this, I was finding, where as with higher grade seed mixes I am left with empty tables, I am often left with some wheat not just at the end of the day but when I returned to refill in the morning.

I'm also finding the sparrows and starlings are throwing a lot of the wheat onto the floor, messy, unhygienic and a draw for pests.

luckily I do mix my seed with other things such as suet nibbles, dried mealworms etc. so it's not as bad as it would otherwise be, but even with this I'm still getting a lot of waste.

If the birds in your garden aren't as spoilt or choosy when it comes to high wheat feeds or you have less starlings who like to demonstrate their dislike you may find this seed fine, but for me I think I'll be looking at getting another mix.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nearly all wheat, 9 Sept. 2014
About 90% wheat or so it seems. Birds chuck most of it on the ground and I now have a small wheat field growing well at the bottom of my bird feeders. Very disappointed, going back to Peckish.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SUBEL, 31 Dec. 2012
siSIDAVER1sidaver1d davidson "SIDAVER" (nNEWCASTLE UPON TYNEewcastle upon tyne england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I GIVE THIS PRODUCT THE HIGHEST ACOLADE,ITS FIRSTCLASS WITH NO WASTE,WHATSOEVER&I WOULD RECOMMEND,THIS TO ANY WILD-BIRD LOVERS,WITH NO HESITATION.BRILLIANT,THATS WHAT IT IS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good feed at a good price, 19 Oct. 2012
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
The word "standard" suggets that this feed will be at the cheaper end of the market - and the prive, which is very competitive, bears this out. Yes, there is a lot of wheat in the mix, and therfore if using in feeders there will be a lot of droppage (our greenfinches seem very skilled in spitting wheat out whilst searching for sunflower seeds!)

We do get through a lot of seed in our garden, however, and to avoid paying twice or three times per kilo for a premium product, this allows us to keep the garden well stocked at a reasonable price. No frill seed - but it does the job. (And pigeons and doves love the dropped wheat too!)

BTW, free delivery and very swift service - much appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars wild birds, 21 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg (Misc.)
I got fed up of having to go into town just to buy wild bird food .
so I went on line and found that I could get these items at a great price but also delivered to our door .
so now I am happy and the birds are fat and happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food, good value pack., 29 July 2014
The birds love this seed and, quickly empty the feeders. There is a good mix of various grains, seeds etc which has encouraged the parent birds to bring their young to learn to feed themselves. Highly recommended.

Extra Select Wild Bird Food Standard 12.75 Kg