5.0 out of 5 stars Through the night
Being a musician myself, I tend to stay away from writing reviews, since people have such varying tastes in music. However I am breaking my own rule now because I have to say that I was absolutely blown away by this album!
Published on 15 May 2012 by Davey M

3.0 out of 5 stars A good album
I like her voice and I think this album is very good but in todays climate of Powerful Female performers her career will be short
lived
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Through the night, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Here is a young lady (I think in her early 20's) who has produced a collection of material, of such superb quality that I have not heard for a number of years.
Ren Harvieu has a voice that is strong yet sweet, of perfect clarity and incredibly precise notation. Her range is that of a true professional.
The album contains material that is a beautiful mood evoking journey, which is almost timeless in its style, some would say with an occasional hint of old style blues yet with a truly modern presentation.
The musical backing on the tracks whether simple instrumentation or orchestral is stunning.
I find it amazing that this is Ren Harvieu's very first CD. Indeed there are many well-known artists out there who have been singing for many years, who will never achieve this level of perfection.
If this girl keeps both her feet well on the ground and carries on producing material like this, she is going to be a huge name in the music industry!
I look forward with great anticipation to the next album.
In summary ........................................... Beautiful!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the now!, 27 May 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Retro some may feel and comparisons some may do..... BUT...... here is a talent and a personality that makes Britain Great again! A fab debut album that has to be in the running for album of the year! Treat yourself if you haven't bought it yet and play it again if you have!
Ren is the now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album, 16 May 2012
D. Martinez (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Such great vocals for one so young. I too have been waiting for ages for the album to come out and I am not disappointed. Apart from the singles that have been out for a while, the stand out tracks are Do it right by me and Summer Romance.

I have seen her live and she was great, but I have to say the album makes her vocals come across and shows her range much better at this stage. This is probably due to the venue rather than her talent.

At a young age, I hope the record company keep believing in her. I think she will grow on a lot of people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Class, 15 May 2012
D. Cooper "DavieC" (Barnet, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Ren Harvieu was born in Salford, near Rochdale, where the great Lisa Stansfield went to school, but Ren's story is one of courage as well as releasing one of the finest debut albums ever. This CD was due to be released months ago, but an horrific freak accident last summer left Ren with two broken vertebrae and the fear that she would never walk again. She spent two months in a hospital in Stanmore, Middlesex and is now thankfully on the road to recovery. Described as 'Salford's answer to Patsy Cline', I personally would compare her more to K D Lang with a little bit of Dusty thrown in! This is a superb first offering and literally every track is first class. In my opinion this girl is going places and will be a big star. Just buy the CD, you won't be disappointed. Pure Class!

5.0 out of 5 stars FEEL GOOD FACTOR 10 !!, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (MP3 Download)
To anyone that reads this, please get a listen to this wonderfully uplifting, beautifully sung, brilliantly written and produced album. Just excellent !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great new talent found, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Bought this after hearing the song open up your arms on Magic almost every day , took me a while to track down the singer as it was always in the stack with no speaking from the D J . However it is a pure class album , every song has a story bit like adele but not so personal . Real must buy for lovers of new music this lady will go far.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bright light shines!, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
Ren Harvieu`s album,"Through the Night" shines like a lone beacon on a pop scene that is dominated by vocal acrobatics ( screeching a la The Voice),trite lyrics,formulaic production, songs that mean nothing now and never will.
In another time and place( i.e. the sixties) this album would have been released with approval but not surprise,just another great singer with a handful of decent tunes and two or three excellent ones.
However in the current state of the game a jewel.
Buy it and strike a blow for pop music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have album, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing a track on the radio, and was not disappointed. She has a beautiful, pure, clear voice - very listenable. I have recommened the album to everyone I know. Buy it now, you will not regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars Ren Harvieu. Throughout The Night., 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
The cd was delivered promptly. Best cd I've heard in ages, what an amazing voice Ren has. Love all the tracks, can't wait for the next to be released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Through The Night-Ren Harvieu, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Through The Night (Audio CD)
I bought this CD on the strenghth of her recent single release "Open Up Your Arms" which I've heard regularly on the radio. I've played this CD only 3 or 4 times now and I really like it. For me, her wonderful voice resembles that of K D Lang whom I also very much like too. If you love a great voice, songs and production then go for this CD.

Through The Night