5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, installed my way.
First up, the install guide for Windows 7 didn't work for my Compaq laptop. It said to stop windows from installing the default bluetooth drivers and download them from the broadcom website. This didn't work for me as the broadcom install said the bluetooth stack could not be initialised. So I did this:

Plugged in the adapter
Let windows install default...
Published on 14 Feb. 2013 by magicalmoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dongle in terms of setup (Windows 7 64Bit) and ...
Great dongle in terms of setup (Windows 7 64Bit) and ease of use.
Connects to my headphones (Sony) and my other pair of headphones (KS) flawlessly, and also connects to my iPhone 5S just fine.
The range is great - I can travel to the other end of my house (roughly 14 metres - even through a solid brick wall) and they don't cut out.
Sound quality remains...
Published 1 month ago by TopShopper13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, installed my way., 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Adapter - For Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista - Compatible with Bluetooth stereo headphones and other Bluetooth peripherals (Personal Computers)

Plugged in the adapter
Let windows install default drivers
Downloaded Broadcom drivers and installed

Hey Presto, all working fine.

Now I haven't any devices which need Bluetooth 4.0, or 3.0 to be honest, but the devices I do have all connect to this without incident and more importantly, re-connect when switched on without me having to re-pair, something I have had to do with another bluetooth adapter in the past.

Range is what I would expect, in the same room just fine, through walls or more than a few metres and things start to drop out but I guess it all depends on what you are connecting to and line of sight. For me, does just what I need.

Great little device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good adapter, not for motioninjoy., 4 Sept. 2013
D. Rutt - See all my reviews
Seems to work fine with the few things I've used it with and all installed as expected. Is not compatible with the rather odd and esoteric motioninjoy drivers for using Playstation controllers on the PC. Don't let that worry you for normal use but beware if that's what you're buying for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work as treat, 1 Jan. 2015
I bought Sony DR-BTN200M Bluetooth wireless headset from another seller but it did not work on my laptop built in bluetooth but it worked with iPhone 6P. I was so disappointed I plan to buy another USB wireless headset but than I decided to try usb bluetooth adopter instead. After looking at reviews of many other items, I decided to buy Kinivo BTD-400 which was bit expansive than many under £5 but I took risk to try it. Item arrived 3 days early than expected and in smart packaging including installation CD. I was in bit rush so inserted bluetooth adopter and install it and then pair it with my Sony headset. For my disappointment, it didnot find the driver. I looked at instructions and there was option to install drivers from CD or download from Broadcom website. I have lightwight laptop which doesnot have CD so I downloaded latest software from web but it didnot work. Than i put CD into my old laptop and copy software to USB stick and run it from laptop. For my joy during installation it found the missing drivers from Sony headset and when installation finshed, headset start working.
With my experience I will recommand it to otherss as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a BT adapter that works with Windows 7, 30 Sept. 2013
J. D. Loudon - See all my reviews
It should not be too much to ask, but I have had difficulty transferring pictures from my HTC phone to my desktop, and this does it for me. Recommended. It works and its great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phonak connection achieved, 28 July 2014
I purchased this item as I wanted to connect my Phonak hearing aids Com Pilot via Bluetooth and my Dell laptop despite being Bluetooth enabled would not connect. I am using Windows 7 Professional. I installed the device allowing Windows to find drivers. This did not result in a working connection. But as others have very usefully advised I downloaded the drivers direct from Broadcom (the CD with the software was not recognised as having the correct drivers by Windows). Having the Broadcom drivers installed (which does take some time even with a fast internet connection) the hearing aids have now paired successfully and I am very pleased with the result. However I am getting a missing licence message.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great dongle in terms of setup (Windows 7 64Bit) and ..., 20 Jan. 2015
Great dongle in terms of setup (Windows 7 64Bit) and ease of use.
Sound quality remains great through the headphones, and there's no sound delay (at least, anything noticeable - I use them for watching movies).

The only downside is that if like me you wish to connect 2 pairs of headphones over Bluetooth simultaneously, this is not the dongle for you. I never found this out until after I'd purchased it.
After speaking with Kinovo support (who were very helpful and responded in a timely manner) they confirmed that neither the BTD-400 nor BTD-300 models support this feature.
If I want to do this I'd need to purchase an additional device (which costs twice as much as the dongle!).

It's a real shame because this feature, as I have since found out, is VERY MUCH in demand by consumers (according to the many results in Google).
And to make matters worse - my old Bluetooth dongle (which is roughly 5-6 years old) DOES support this feature.

Would I recommend this dongle? Yes - providing you don't need to connect 2 sets of headphones at the same time.
If you do need this feature however (like me), you should look elsewhere.

Ps. I should add that you can connect 2 devices at the same time, but not 2 of the same devices (Eg. You can connect a set of headphones and a mobile phone, or a Mouse and a keyboard, but not 2 sets of headphones or 2x Bluetooth speakers).

5.0 out of 5 stars Discrete, and it works, 3 Mar. 2014
Donkey Hote (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm using Win7 64 bit, and have just changed my PC motherboard from an EVGA X58 to an ASUS Maximus VI Hero. Worked well on both the EVGA as well as the ASUS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous bit of kit, 28 Feb. 2014
M Pendry (Czech Republic) - See all my reviews
For something so small, barely bigger than my thumbnail, it does an excellent job. Allows me to connect by bluetooth headset seamlessly. Highly recomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinivo BTD 400 Bluetooth adapter, 13 Dec. 2013
Works a treat once I got it to connect with my Bluetooth devices. At first it would not work, removed the software from my Windows7 PC then reinstalled and it worked. Need to hold the Bluetooth button on your devices for about 6 seconds to make the connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars works with Lego Mindstorms EV3, 16 Aug. 2013
Julie Graham (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought to use with the new Lego Mindstorms EV3 and a Windows 7 Laptop - the laptop found the drivers automatically and I had it up and communicating with the Lego EV3 within about 5 minutes, so far seems to work fine.